PDA

View Full Version : Compare Hollywood-(1940 and 2003)

Roberto T. Cast
05-22-03, 01:19 PM
Compare the Brave Entertainers of 1943 with today's Hollywood motley bunch of today.

The Entertainers of 2003 have been in all of the news media lately. It seems News Paper, Television and Radio has been more than ready to put them and their message before the public.

I would like to remind the people of what the entertainers of 1943 were doing, (60 years ago). Most of these brave men have since passed on.

Alec Guinness (Star Wars) operated a British Royal Navy landing craft on D-Day.

James Doohan ("Scotty" on Star Trek) landed in Normandy with the U.S. Army on D-Day.

Donald Pleasance (The Great Escape) really was a R.A.F. pilot who was shot down, held prisoner and tortured by the Germans.

David Niven was a Sandhurst graduate and Lt. Colonel of the British Commandos in Normandy.

James Stewart flew 20 missions as a B-24 pilot in Europe.

Clark Gable (Mega-Movie Star when war broke out) was a waist gunner flying missions on a B-17 in Europe.

Charlton Heston was an Army Air Corps Sergeant in Kodiak.

Earnest Borgnine was a U.S. Navy Gunners Mate 1935-1945.

Charles Durning was a U.S. Army Ranger at Normandy.

Charles Bronson was a tail gunner in the Army Air Corps.

George C. Scott was a U.S. Marine.

Eddie Albert (Green Acres TV) was awarded a Bronze Star for his
heroic action as a U.S. Naval officer aiding Marines at the horrific battle on the island of Tarawa in the Pacific Nov.1943.

Brian Keith served as a Marine rear gunner in several actions against the Japanese on Rabal in the Pacific.

Lee Marvin was a Marine on Saipan when he was wounded.

John Russell was a Marine on Guadalcanal.

Robert Ryan was a U.S. Marine who served with the O.S.S. in
Yugoslavia.

Tyrone Power (an established movie star when Pearl Harbor was bombed) joined the Marines, was a pilot flying supplies into, and wounded Marines out of Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Audie Murphy, little guy from Texas, most decorated serviceman of WWII.

There is quite a huge gap between the heroics and patriotism in 1943 and the cowardly despicable posturing of the Hollywood crowd of today . . . all of which smack of sedition and treason.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There seem to be no patrotism of today Hollywood actors as oppose to the 1940's actors

What do you think?.
:yes: :no:

benny rutledge
05-30-03, 02:26 PM
Roberto,I seem to be the only one to read this.I should hope the Hollywood types would read this and hang their heads in shame.The Big named baseball stars of the era also answered the call to arms.Remember Ted Williams? He was Chuck Yeagers wing man in Korea.Both decorated Marines and Patriots.I was born 4 years after the hostilities ended in Tokyo Bay,my Fathers war and his generation remain an inspiration for me to this day.SEMPER FI!!! brother....AMERICA FIRST!!!!