PDA

View Full Version : He should have gotten the MOH

HurricaneRJ
09-17-08, 08:26 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/09/marine_peralta_navycross_091708/

I'm pretty sure you all have heard of Sgt. Peralta. SecNav is awarding him the Navy Cross posthumously.

My opinion is that he deserves a lot more. He fought to the death for his Marines and they lived because of his actions. I just feel empty, and a lack of confidence of those in higher places.

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 08:35 PM
I say that anyone who hugs a grenade should get the the MoH. But I have seen stuff on the TV where a Marine absorbed three blasts from a grenade in a small hallway in about 2 minutes and he got the Silver Star, and he did save two other Marines lives.

I wish I knew how they decided these things.

daniel0351
09-17-08, 08:56 PM
This is baloney, and as Marines, we need to address the issue. This cannot be allowed to be the final judgment on his actions. Call or write your Congressperson, Senator, or whomever. This is the fourth Marine site that I have posted this, and if we all band together, we can have this miscarriage of justice overturned.

yellowwing
09-17-08, 09:00 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2008/09/marine_peralta_navycross_091708/

I'm pretty sure you all have heard of Sgt. Peralta. SecNav is awarding him the Navy Cross posthumously.

My opinion is that he deserves a lot more. He fought to the death for his Marines and they lived because of his actions. I just feel empty, and a lack of confidence of those in higher places.

All he ever was, and all he built up his life to be he put second for his Bros. SecNAv expects that of every Marine. And has for many past decades.

Sgt Peralta's Corps of Marines remember him. His Bros in that room remember him.

Don't do anything stupid, just go do your job RJ! :evilgrin:

Mikewebe
09-18-08, 12:12 AM
I hate it. I believe guys like John Kerry are a disgrace to the uniform no matter which service.I think he used Sen. Kerry of Nebraskas Navy career and decorations to promote himself as the same guy....

RememberMorriso
09-18-08, 04:36 AM
That is BS, that Marine gave the ultimate sacrifice to save other Marines; he should be given our highest Honor.

A instructor I had at SOI was missing a leg, blown off in Fallujah. Tough son of a *****.

USMCE4
09-20-08, 01:21 PM
We can start sending our thoughts to the CIC by emailing at Comments@whitehouse.gov

You can locate more contact information at the following URL: http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

SGT7477
09-20-08, 04:19 PM
RIP brother.

Zulu 36
09-20-08, 07:28 PM
I think he deserved the Blue Max.

However, I understand that the SecDef ordered an unusual special review board in this case, which included a MoH holder, plus some forensic pathologists, and a few others.

Evidently, on autopsy right after death, pathologists found pieces of US bullets, indicating Sgt Peralta may have been struck by (not so) friendly fire. What this has anything to do with the price of tea in China, I don't know. In my book, hugging an enemy grenade is the same whether you've been accidentally shot by a Marine or intentionally by a terrorist.

For all we know, those pieces of US rounds could have come from ricochets. Lacking the ability to read the autopsy report and other documents in the case, I could only speculate.