PDA

View Full Version : Younger Marines

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 07:19 PM
I don't know if I've changed so I won't point fingers but I have found that my recent experiences with current active and reserve Marines has been less than stellar. I was at MEPS and got basically...

yellowwing
09-17-08, 09:06 PM
Sounds like you got two different reactions from the Gunny and he Captain. You should have said something sooner to the Gunny. As far as the Captain, your guess is as good as mine. He still may have given you a clueless look! :D

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 09:13 PM
I am not sure if the Gunny was just looking at me as some Dep Poolee from a different branch or what but he sure was nice when he figured it out. Then I come to MT and this Captain was just.....I don't know but if I was buying a car or something I would have turned my back on him. Its to me, Yellowwing you may or may not know who or what your talking to, I mean would my Pops have gotten the same reaction ? Maybe cause I look like I could still be in been a factor. I don't know but I did have one positive experience. The 1st Sgt of my perspective unit and I served at the same time in the same regiment and we got along great. So maybe it was just some times for those other 2 Marines

fjmas1976
09-17-08, 11:29 PM
I know what you are saying Mike. I'm wondering what kind of treatment I'll be getting when I head into MEPS to start my processing. I'm kinda young looking (even though I'm 32) so I'll probably be mistaken for a Poolie or a DEP. I'm figuring the attitude will change when it's found out I'm a Marine and processing back in......but it shouldnt be that way. True, we Marines treat each other like Brothers and Sisters, but everyone deserves a certain amount of respect regardless.

I'm going through the same thing now with my job. I'm switiching police departments, from a larger city department to a smaller town department. I've been a police officer for two years, and I'm kinda getting the treatment like I'm a new guy who hasn't even gone to the academy yet from a couple of the people I've been dealing with there. It sucks and it's frustrating:usmc:

Mikewebe
09-17-08, 11:57 PM
I went that route too when I went from LASD to CDC. I had to do their academy and they treated everyone bad way into it until they figured some stuff out about you. I had way more experience than the Academy instructors.

The Marine thing just ****es me off cause I really wanted to regulate both of them on site. I suppose that would have been a bad thing both ways, but I feel that when you got 10 years in and I got 15 out you should have some respect. I could have ate that pogue O-3 for lunch but I needed his Marines for now. That Gunny thought he was some hardcore guy serving in a Combat Zone, IN FRICKEN SACRAMENTO. I could have choked his butt. My recruiters stood up from their chairs when someone walked in. My mom dropped of papers for me and said she was never treated better. It just seems that some of the things are getting lost in the last few years.. Thanks FJ I appreciate it