PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant Sergeant and other names

CplKJSpevak
07-19-08, 06:12 AM
I knew a Sgt. "Major" at Lejeune ................and deployed with a LCpl. Dick!

thewookie
07-19-08, 06:38 AM
I knew a Sgt. "Major" at Lejeune ................and deployed with a LCpl. Dick!

I went to HS with a kid named Jimmy Dick, but he went into the Navy, and became Seaman Dick.

I guess he couldn't handle the shiat he got, so he changed (legally) his last name to that of his mother's maiden name - true story :)

Pete0331
07-19-08, 07:08 AM
They are freakin expensive!! Prepare to spend about $130 a set if you buy brandie new.

Where are you buying your digi's?
It has always been around $35 for the top or bottom, around $75 for a set with tapes.

CplKJSpevak
07-19-08, 09:23 AM
I went to HS with a kid named Jimmy Dick, but he went into the Navy, and became Seaman Dick.

You should have recruited him, then talked him into OCS....and prayed he made Major one day:scared:

Wyoming
07-19-08, 09:28 AM

I guess he couldn't handle the shiat he got, so he changed (legally) his last name to that of his mother's maiden name - true story :)

Served with, went overseas together, and then back to LTA, with Richard Arlen Dick. Excellent Marine and Crew Chief. Silver Star recipient.

Went by the nickname of Dick-a-Dick. Never bothered him.

After getting out, he got his PP license, upgraded (downgraded??) to rotary wing, bought a couple of 34's, and is quite successful in Colorado these days.

iamcloudlander
08-06-08, 12:24 AM
when I was in Iwakuni there was a Sgt Sargent in H&HS-15
S-4 this was in 1968

Petz
08-06-08, 01:01 AM
when I was in 1st Maintenance Bn we had a GySgt Sergeant... he joined the 15th MEU... got hit by an IED and got some brain damage.... the man as far as I know is still a Marine!! He's not mentally slow, just (when I saw him last) moving a little slow... I was told he should regain a lot of his motor functions, figure he's good by now.

Pete0331
08-06-08, 12:22 PM
when I was in 1st Maintenance Bn we had a GySgt Sergeant... he joined the 15th MEU... got hit by an IED and got some brain damage.... the man as far as I know is still a Marine!! He's not mentally slow, just (when I saw him last) moving a little slow... I was told he should regain a lot of his motor functions, figure he's good by now.

I remember him. He was with us in the 11th MEU when we went to Najaf Province for OIF II.