PDA

View Full Version : My current IST

BigGunz90
09-14-08, 05:04 PM
I have been wondering for a while whether or not my IST is good [or at least not bad]. I have several months before I ship to boot. Are these numbers okay as of now [before I work my azz off when my arm heals]?

Date: 8/27/08

Run: 11:36
Pullups: 8
Crunches: 114

I really had nothing to compare this to, and I plan on taking the PFT in a couple months. Thanks.

josephd
09-14-08, 05:12 PM
crunches look good but that run time and pull ups defenitely need some work

kbs95125
09-14-08, 06:24 PM
They need to remove the word IST from Poolees vocabulary... After doing A SINGLE ONE TIME IST in boot camp you will never do one again, unless its on your own free time. Train for the PFT always.

Better yet, train for the PFT and then the Combat Fitness Test which is

The three-part test includes the following:

880-yard Movement To Contact - a sprint for time while wearing boots and utilities
Ammunition Lift – the maximum shoulder-to-overhead repetitions of 30 lb. ammunition can in a two minute period
300-yard Maneuver Under Fire - a series of combat related tasks for time while wearing boots and utilities, including an ammunition re-supply, casualty recovery and a grenade throw.

Remember you will eventually be doing a PFT followed immediately by a CFT. It is an amazing workout. If you poolees want a workout that will help you get ready to be a Marine check out www.crossfit.com