PDA

View Full Version : Sleeve's

Drill for life
09-14-08, 03:48 PM
Can somebody teach me how to roll up my BDU,DCU and Olive Drab sleeves the USMC/USN way? I know how to roll them the Army/Air Force way.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
09-14-08, 03:52 PM
yea, go to boot and your DI will. thats not really something that can be taught online.

Fubar5812
09-14-08, 05:15 PM
the army doesn't roll there sleeves since switching too the ACU digital pattern.there is actually a sleeve rolling thread on these forums somewhere,if i remember correctly another rahtzee kid wanted the same thing,use the search button.

SGT7477
09-14-08, 05:58 PM
yea, go to boot and your DI will. thats not really something that can be taught online.

You got that right Marine.:flag:

Drill for life
09-14-08, 07:14 PM
Thank you. When I was at Fort Benning this summer at JCLC the instructors made us blouse our boots and roll the sleeves on the ACU"s during Cat 5 heat.

Danman
09-14-08, 08:00 PM
why would you roll your sleeves in heat that just makes you hotter because the sweat evaporates off your body?

Brewer0311
09-14-08, 08:37 PM
why would you roll your sleeves in heat that just makes you hotter because the sweat evaporates off your body?

Becuase that is what sweat is meant to do?? The wind/air is supposed to make the body cool down becuase of the sweat.

Go gather some intel about how the human body works and why it sweats.

Oops did it for you. > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat

BR34
09-14-08, 08:38 PM
the army doesn't roll there sleeves since switching too the ACU digital pattern.there is actually a sleeve rolling thread on these forums somewhere,if i remember correctly another rahtzee kid wanted the same thing,use the search button.

The Army doesn't roll their sleeves as a way to show solidarity to their brothers in arms in combat zones. They don't have theirs rolled in combat zones, so they don't roll them in garrison.

Go gather some intel about how the human body works and why it sweats.

He's actually right Cpl. Having the right type of clothes covering your body will in fact keep you cooler than having no clothes at all. I could go into the technicalities of this, but I'd rather you just take my lowly LCpl word for it.

Brewer0311
09-14-08, 08:54 PM
He's actually right Cpl. Having the right type of clothes covering your body will in fact keep you cooler than having no clothes at all. I could go into the technicalities of this, but I'd rather you just take my lowly LCpl word for it.

Yes, the right type of clothes does make you cooler. For example, Under Armour.

Under Armour makes the body feel cooler becuase of the fabric that is used. The fabric holds the water, air goes through and cools the body.

Service Utility uniforms however were not made to make you feel nice and cozy. They were made to TRY to give you comfort, but the main purposes are: durability, concealment, longevity.

Pour rubbing alcohol on your skin. It will feel very cold and evaporates quickly from the skin. This is the same concept with sweat. However, with sweat you don't feel as cool becuase of the chemical compound differences.

So yes, the lowly LCpl is right that SOME fabrics will make you feel cooler if you are covered in them while you sweat. But, the lowly LCpl is wrong in this case becuase we are referring to a utility uniform.

If you're going to correct me make sure you get the facts first, LCpl.

BR34
09-14-08, 09:14 PM
LMFAO. I wasn't trying to correct you, Cpl. I was just agreeing with CWalling.

My point was:

Having the right type of clothes covering your body will in fact keep you cooler than having no clothes at allI stand by my statement as I made no mention of specific clothing types. I'm not really trying to be combative with you, and in fact I find it humorous that you are responding to our posts in the manner you are.

BR34
09-14-08, 09:22 PM
Meant to say Danman, not CWalling.

Drill for life
09-15-08, 05:32 PM
ANother reason why the Army doesn't roll down there sleeves is a Little thing Sergeant First Class Legrant told me. WHen your sleeves are rolled up then your sweat doen't evarporate your skin forms over it and makes a bump that resembles a pimple but more red and without a whitehead. You are right rolling up the sleeves did not help it just mad it a whole lot hotter.