PDA

View Full Version : I got a letter from Rct____today

davblay
09-12-08, 04:58 PM
I get so much mail from recruits, that ask me to post for them, that I have decided to make one thread for me to do that on. When I get a letter from a recruit (one of our pups), I will post any information they want passed on here. Then if anyone wants the address, you can PM me for it. Remember that I will not forward any address, to anyone, unless the recruit says it's ok to do so! Some request it be forwarded to certain members, and some don't want it sent out at all. If they do not indicate thier wishes, I will use my judgement as to who will get it and who will not!

Moderators, can I please get this made into a STICKY?

Thank you very much for yur understanding, and lets wish our poolees well.

Semper Fi,

Dave

davblay
09-12-08, 05:00 PM
Got a letter fom Rct Parker, J. D. today, he said tell you guys he wants all the mail he can get!

Dave

davblay
09-12-08, 05:01 PM
Got a letter today from Rct Angelo, Thomas J., who says he is adjusting well but wants mail.

Dave

Mikewebe
09-12-08, 05:05 PM
Sweet deal glad you take the time to do that. I just mailed a letter to a guy that Top put on here who's wife died before he deployed. Hope it gets there soon and hope others did the same

jetdoc
09-13-08, 09:35 AM
Dave, you rock bro. It was everything I could do to just send like 3 letters since summer started...snail mail, yikes.

I know all of the guys and gals in Bootcamp appreciate all the time and effort you give them.

davblay
09-15-08, 09:17 PM
Got a letter today from "bonnjanry" AKA Bonn Janry Castillo. He is homesick as hell and wants mail from anyone that remembers him. He was on T-8 the day he wrote this letter and that Boot Camp was nothing as he had expected. He thought he was prepared, but he had a rude awakening when he got there!

He said that after all his research, he only had about 10% of what he needed to know. But he thought he was ready, and didn't attend the chats on sunday nights (which he advises highly to you Poolees to do so)!

PM me for his Addy.

Dave

quillhill
09-22-08, 08:07 PM
Got a letter today from Rct. Thompson (aka joshtky). I've known Josh from other forums for 2 1/2 years so I am super stoked that he's on this quest to earn the Title.

He said boot camp is okay and that one thing he's learned is that nothing from the outside world is more important than his family and friends ... and Alabama football. Heh.

I've written two letters already and will try and write two or three a week during the next 11 weeks.

davblay, I know PinkCowgirl also got a letter today, so I would guess that you probably did as well. :)

davblay
09-25-08, 10:13 PM
Got a letter from JDNsmith today. He is doing well, a squad leader I believe he said. The one thing he wants is mail, he doesn't have many people to write him. So if any of you Marines, or poolees would like to write him, PM me for his address. Jordan is a good kid that has worked hard to get where he is, and I feel we need to show him support. No one deserves to be in Boot Camp and not get mail!

Semper Fi

Dave

davblay
09-26-08, 09:42 PM
Got a letter today from a critter named Rct Colton N. Carlson. Said he actually likes it there and his platoon won the intitial drill competition. :evilgrin:

Dave

davblay
10-01-08, 07:42 PM
I got a letter today from one motivated recruit by the name of Andrew Bowman! He is doing fine on the Island and says hello to all. He said that this site sure did help him be a little more prepared for what he is going thru now, and he is greatful to us for helping him out.

Anyone that knows him ans wants to write him, you know the ropes!

Semper Fi,

Dave

sparkie
10-01-08, 08:27 PM
Dave,,, I'm 57, and have met Gladys Knight, Howard Cossell. Jimmy Stewart, and Kenny Rogers, to name a few. I was within a foot of Richard Nixon running his PA. I am most proud for having known you. SF, Brother. [it don't mean a thing].

davblay
10-01-08, 10:52 PM
Dave,,, I'm 57, and have met Gladys Knight, Howard Cossell. Jimmy Stewart, and Kenny Rogers, to name a few. I was within a foot of Richard Nixon running his PA. I am most proud for having known you. SF, Brother. [it don't mean a thing].

Thanks Sparkie, I appreciate those kind words, but I am only one old, sick and tired, Marine trying to help make a difference in the Corps and the future members there of!

Believe it or not these poolees make me go on when I feel really bad. I realize that they are training to put thier lives on the line for us now, and that's the least I can do for these young pups! I realize that once upon a time we were all where they are now, in boot camp training for whatever the CIC needed us for! For you and me, it was the Nam!

Oh and you're right, "IT DON'T MEAN A THING"!

Semper Fi,

Dave

davblay
10-12-08, 11:31 PM
letter from joeinviille lastfriday, said to say hello all they are the range this week and doing well, PM for his adress as a-uausal,

Dave

davblay
11-06-08, 04:07 PM
Got a letter from Menso today, he loves it out there! Said the chow is great and his DIs are the best! Poor kids mom must have dropped him on his head when he was a baby, LMAO.

He lost his list of addresses so PM me for his, he wants mail from everyone.

Dave

davblay
11-06-08, 08:06 PM
Bump, for those that want to know!

Dave

quillhill
11-07-08, 01:56 PM
How many letters have you written this week, Dave? :D

You da man. :)

davblay
11-07-08, 03:37 PM
How many letters have you written this week, Dave? :D

You da man. :)

13 so far but I got 5 more today. These guys are hungry for mail, in case anyone wants to write them, PM me.

Dave

davblay
11-07-08, 03:40 PM
Yellowwng made a post about the Oct 27th 4 that were leaving, well I got mail this week from 5 of them that left on that day and they all want moto mail from anyone on this site, that cares to write.

Menso (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=52517)
TSULLI (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=53155)
srinaldo86 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=52446)
SS109 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=51522)
hardcorps1110 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=55264)

They are all doing well and adjusting to the boot camp life.

PM me if you want to write them.

Dave

davblay
01-03-09, 10:08 AM
If any of you remember "HOLOGRAM", I got a letter from him. He's doing fine and wanted to say hello to all on this site. :marine:

PM me if you want his addy.

Dave

MarinesFTW
01-03-09, 10:15 AM
Wow! I do remeber Hologram, great to hear hes doing good hope all goes well for him.

davblay
01-16-09, 05:52 PM
Just heard from DIZARK today! He wrote it on the 12th (Monday), said T-1 was gonna be the next day (Wednesday). He graduates on 20090403, if all goes well.

He said to say hello to all and that he wants to hear from anyone that don't get him in trouble with the DIs! LMAO! ;)

As usual, PM me if you want to write him, I know he'd apprciate it.

Semper Fi,

Dave

SureShot12
01-16-09, 06:04 PM
He said to say hello to all and that he wants to hear from anyone that don't get him in trouble with the DIs! LMAO! ;)

That means we should send him mail with "Happy Birthday Honey" on the outside of the envelope ??

JWG
01-16-09, 07:02 PM
That means we should send him mail with "Happy Birthday Honey" on the outside of the envelope ??

Go ahead. I'll keep an eye out for when you ship to return the favor. ;)

Enigmatic
01-16-09, 08:38 PM
I miss dizark. That was one kid with a good head on his shoulders....of course, that "kid" is a year older than me.

SureShot12
01-16-09, 08:42 PM
Go ahead. I'll keep an eye out for when you ship to return the favor. ;)

Go ahead !! I like the quarter-deck !! Haha:)

Petz
01-16-09, 10:29 PM
this thread is for Dave... Lock it up!

davblay
01-24-09, 06:24 PM
Got a letter from CalahanD today. He is doing fine and wants mail. You all know the ropes if you want to write him.

Semper Fi,

Dave

davblay
02-02-09, 03:20 PM
I got a letter today from Rct Vaughn (username "Vaughn") today. He was on T-2 when he wrote the letter. He wants mail.

Also heard from Rct Chris Phillips this week, same for him and his brother, Rct Steve Hayes.

You know the ropes if you want thier addys.

Dave

davblay
02-09-09, 10:36 PM
Well guys I heard from MrRobert today. He didn't say much except that he would really appreciate Mail.

You know the ropes, PM me if you want his addy.

Dave

Wes40138
02-10-09, 06:13 PM
I got a letter from Dizark today , he said that he misses you guys. And his group he was doing MCMAP in impressed the instructor . And he also qual'ed CWS 3&4 . Sounds like he is having a good time .

davblay
02-23-09, 03:07 PM
Well I got a letter form MGarrison (not achped) today. He is well and wanting mail! :evilgrin:

You know the ropes if you want his addy, PM me. ;)

Dave

davblay
02-25-09, 09:12 PM
I got a letter today from "POLIZEI", he was on T-6 on Feb 21st when he wrote the letter. At that time he was having pain in his ankles, but he refused medical, at that time. He said Boot was easier than he expected but he knew the long hard days are still ahead of him. He wants mail from any of his friends on this site. :marine:

PM me if you want his address.

Dave

davblay
03-05-09, 03:12 PM
I heard from Semperfimom's boys today...well one of them, Steve I think. They are fine on TD-35 when this letter was written. said to say hello to all from himself and Chris (his brother).

Dave

davblay
03-12-09, 06:25 PM
Got a letter today from Jeremy Wiggins, he is doing fine, wants to say hello to all and wants mail.

PM me for his addy.

Dave

DocGreek
03-12-09, 06:45 PM
DAVE.....It's obvious, to me, that you're one of "The Good Guys"!! Helping out these fine young men, gets you another step up, on the "Stairway to Heaven"!!!.....DOC

richerich
03-22-09, 11:55 AM
Just sent motivational letters and reading materials to 11 Recruits...it's a good feeling, and makes me remember looking forward to mail call and missing home.

Petz
03-22-09, 12:23 PM
again, this thread is for dave to post the addresses of recruits who want letters, not for everybody to have reminiscent conversation..... so again, if you aren't dave then lock it up!!!!!

bekster2008
04-10-09, 09:39 AM
Hey everyone! Well I got a letter from Rct. Robert (MrRobert on here), he seems to be doing really well, he has about 16 days left, so time has gone by fast for him he said. I also got a letter yesterday from Rct. Thompson (Joshtky) who has been on the island since 20090908 and went to MRP sometime after training day 50. He is staying motivated too. Let me know if anyone wants either of their addresses.

Petz
04-10-09, 09:49 AM
I really should haze the crap out of you... you disrespecting me in daves thread???

what does the post right above yours say?!

I don't want you posting in this thread again, you got something to say then PM me. if you want something posted here then PM Dave.

bekster2008
04-10-09, 10:09 AM
Sorry Ssgt. , didn't see that post I was just excited to post about the letters I got. Should we start a thread for everyone to write when they receive a letter then? Since this is a community and all.

0231Marine
04-10-09, 11:22 AM
No, you should adhere to SSgt's message and PM either davblay or the SSgt and they'll post the information. Learn to follow instructions poolee.

Petz
04-10-09, 01:40 PM
and while you're at it, re-read my post about NOT posting in here again!!!! you want to convey a message to me you PM me!! attention to detail poolee! you will fail in recruit training if you keep up at your current pace.

jinelson
04-10-09, 02:20 PM
Thanks Marines ya'll snagged my thunder. Isnt it strange that the longer you are around the Corps really never changes

Jim

Marine84
04-10-09, 08:16 PM
Thanks Marines ya'll snagged my thunder. Isnt it strange that the longer you are around the Corps really never changes

Jim

We know you haven't been feeling well lately. We got your back!

jwigg15464
04-11-09, 04:08 PM
davblay, I am Jeremy's father. I would like to have his email address.
Thanks,

Jerry Wiggins

0231Marine
04-13-09, 08:47 AM
Um, email address? Sir, the recruits don't have access to email or internet while in bootcamp.