PDA

View Full Version : Hurrican Ike.

outlaw3179
09-12-08, 04:06 PM
Im watching the news and wow...This storm looks terrible. I really hope everyone can get themselves and their loved ones somewhere safe. I hope any of our Marines on this site stay safe. Semper Fi Marines. Im really thinking about you guys now.

DOWORK1
09-12-08, 06:11 PM
Everyone is fighting to get into a station to fill up. gas is going up maybe $1-2 dollars according to speculation...looks like I'm not doing any long distance driving anytime soon:beer:

UsmcMotorT
09-12-08, 06:31 PM
It's crazy. There was a mandatory evacuation order and there are 90K people staying behind. Once winds reach over 55mph emergency help will not respond at all.

There was also a message stating something like, "Those left behind face almost certain death."

I would've left, the hurricane is bigger than the size of TEXAS!

thedrifter
09-12-08, 08:09 PM
Be Safe!

God Bless!

Ellie

jarheadlady
09-12-08, 09:17 PM
Still hanging in there right now... we are just starting to see the wind really pick up.. up to about 45 or so right now! See you all on the clean side...
Signing out from the dirty side of Ike!

ecfree
09-12-08, 09:25 PM
Hang on to your skivies Gun,here comes IKE..:beer:

Wyoming
09-12-08, 09:49 PM
Gasoline in P'Cola is above 5 bucks, if available.

In T'Hasse Fl, it is just under 5 and running dry.

No supplies expected for a week to 10 days.

Wyoming
09-12-08, 10:18 PM
Fox News' "Warrior Journalist" and general pain in the ass, Geraldo Rivera was knocked down by a wave while reporting on the approach of Hurricane Ike this morning. I am sorry to report that the sea spit him back out and he is still with us spewing water logged crap nonstop. www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail (http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail)

Tonight he called the people who did not evacuate the area due to the coming tidal surge "foolish." This as he stands there himself in the wind and rain with the roiling ocean in the background. When asked by Shepard Smiith where he would be if the ten-foot tidal surge were to arrive, Rivera replied that he would be under water. We can only hope!

As he leaned onto the wind to maintain his footing, two people from his crew stand in the background measuring the wind speed with no apparent problem.

Let's all get together and beseech the God of the oceans to call this ace reporter back to the realm of Neptune,

outlaw3179
09-13-08, 07:05 AM
Stay safe Gunny.

Wyoming
09-13-08, 08:55 AM
Reports of 8 buck gas in Arkansas. <br />
<br />
Gouging? ... <br />
<br />
... it is gouging if indeed the station has not RECEIVED any gas prior to their price hike. <br />
<br />
No speculation is allowed. Charge for what you...

chefjavier
09-13-08, 09:37 AM
We are still got lucky from the path of destruction. We still are getting some rain and wind.:yes:

YutYut
09-13-08, 09:46 AM
Hope everyone pulled/is-pulling through alright

iceman7570
09-13-08, 10:06 AM
i am from east texas and Ike is on his way now we are under tropical storm warnings with wind gust up to 60-80mph , rain 4-6 inches, and tornado watches. Plus a flash flood warning since yesterday I am so tired of this BS all ready wife and kids are freakin out about it