PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter giving wrong information?

introspect
09-11-08, 04:00 PM
Hello. I've never posted in this section before. I tried using the search function but, I didn't get much luck as I don't know what to search for.. Here's my situation.

I've already DEPd in with my recruiter and when I went to the office to pick my MOS he told me that the engineering field (what I told him I wanted since day 1) had a 5'5" height requirement. I didn't sign for an MOS that day.

Well, as time passes, I do research on this.. and I find nothing over this. I asked a woman Marine who is a combat engineer if she knew about this requirement and she said that she has seen much shorter girls in her MOS school.

So my question is, should I call me recruiter and tell him to check again? Is it possible for me to ask another office?? Or, what should I do?

P.S. I picked intel as my first choice and I realize that that's a good field but I don't want to get stuck in a desk job when I can be doing what I really want if my recruiter just puts in the extra effort for me. Especially since I have about 9 months left to ship, I think that's a while to push for the MOS I want. At the same time becoming a Marine is my number one priority but, if the only reason I'm not getting what I honestly want to do just because my recruiter isn't telling me the whole truth then I would like to put in work to try and get that, or at least get things cleared up.

Thanks!

cdogg0311
09-11-08, 04:07 PM
It is actually 5'6" and it is for the mos 1345 there are other engineer jobs that fall under the 13xx mos

introspect
09-11-08, 04:09 PM
It is actually 5'6" and it is for the mos 1345 there are other engineer jobs that fall under the 13xx mos

And those other jobs have no height requirement, correct?

I hope that he just didn't see it right, and I also hope I can still get it changed. Thanks for your quick reply

cdogg0311
09-11-08, 04:14 PM
i just looked at the 13XX job Sou and that is the only mos where you need to be 66 inches

Mikewebe
09-11-08, 04:15 PM
The 02 field does much more than desk work, and since they are allowing women into the Engineer field it may be soon that the intell community has women doing some high speed stuff.

Wyoming
09-11-08, 04:49 PM
Don't know how tall you are now, but being 17, do you think you'll have one of those growth spurts in the next, what, about 9 months.

Hell, I went in and grew a few inches in boot camp. Good thing we bloused our boots.

introspect
09-11-08, 04:55 PM
The 02 field does much more than desk work, and since they are allowing women into the Engineer field it may be soon that the intell community has women doing some high speed stuff.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that the Intel field was only a desk job. That's the MOS my recruiter has and that's how he described it :p

Corporal, I'm actually 4'10, lol, and I think my growing is pretty much done. Actually, I am 4'9 and 1/2 lol, and the minimum for joining is 4'10.. they rounded it up and got me DEPd in. I might have gotten lucky or something haha.

So anyway, thanks for all your replies I'm going to check in with my recruiter and ask him to look again without being rude. Thanks!

Wyoming
09-11-08, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that the Intel field was only a desk job. That's the MOS my recruiter has and that's how he described it :p

Corporal, I'm actually 4'10, lol, and I think my growing is pretty much done. Actually, I am 4'9 and 1/2 lol, and the minimum for joining is 4'10.. they rounded it up and got me DEPd in. I might have gotten lucky or something haha.

So anyway, thanks for all your replies I'm going to check in with my recruiter and ask him to look again without being rude. Thanks!

Nope, no growth spurt for you - I think my utilities were taller than that however - ;)

Quinbo
09-11-08, 05:01 PM
Holy catfish! First I'll say your patriotism is exemplery in wanting to become one of the worlds finest.

My 10 year old boy is 58 inches tall and I can not picture him putting on a 80 lb pack and climbing to the top of Mt. Fuji .... I really can't.

Bravo

introspect
09-11-08, 07:39 PM
Holy catfish! First I'll say your patriotism is exemplery in wanting to become one of the worlds finest.

My 10 year old boy is 58 inches tall and I can not picture him putting on a 80 lb pack and climbing to the top of Mt. Fuji .... I really can't.

Bravo

Lol, thank you Sergeant :) I get ragged on about my height alllll the time, way too used to it now :]

Thanks a lot Marines.

outlaw3179
09-11-08, 07:48 PM
Drink more milk. and if you cant be an engineer, be a grunt. Its fun and you still get to blow s*it up . Plus Grunts pull way more ass. lol..just kidding Engineers. Dont blow me up.

Mikewebe
09-11-08, 07:51 PM
Well I wish you the best and good luck to you

introspect
09-11-08, 08:03 PM
Drink more milk. and if you cant be an engineer, be a grunt. Its fun and you still get to blow s*it up . Plus Grunts pull way more ass. lol..just kidding Engineers. Dont blow me up.

I would love to be a grunt. I'm a female though <.<

outlaw3179
09-11-08, 08:06 PM
lol...my bad. See if you can get a waiver. :)