PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 2001 - 9/11 2008

NicholasITALY
09-11-08, 05:24 AM
God Bless the United States of America.. We will never forget..

It's been 7 years now.. but we will never forget.. God bless the U.S.A.
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-a0fsmF1rk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/klhqVEO0eyU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

..GOD MAY SHOW YOU MERCY.. WE WILL NOT.
DON'T FORGET WHAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR MARINES AND POOLEES!

Always faithful to the United States OF AMERICA....! :evilgrin:

GOD BLESS YOU AMERICA.. GOD BLESS YOU :iwo:

AMERICA WILL NOT FORGET.

NicholasITALY
09-11-08, 05:43 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8oOW-1OwtCA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8oOW-1OwtCA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/klhqVEO0eyU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Aitrus
09-11-08, 01:43 PM
I'll go ahead and post here something that I posted on a different forum, my thoughts on 9/11:

Hey guys,

Not really sure how to begin this. But as many of you may have realized, today is the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon.

7 years ago today, when I was 10 years old, I woke up early in the morning to hear my mom say "America's been bombed!". When I heard that, I really didn't know what it meant. But I hopped out of bed and headed out to the living room to see a video of a plane crashing into the first trade center. The video replayed over and over. A while later, the second plane hit. I watched videos of people jumping out of the buildings to their deaths. A while later, they collapsed. As I watched them collapse, I was told that inside more than 2000 people were dieing inside. I wasn't quite sure how to handle it then. To be honest, I was trying to figure out how I SHOULD handle it. I guess I was stunned. Well, not to long after the planes hit, they announced on the news that Osama Bin Laden was the suspected terrorist who had planned the attacks. You couldn't go anywhere without talking to someone about what had happened. Everyone was hit hard by it.

I think one of the things that hit me hardest about the attacks is that it didn't take to long for me to figure out that we were going to war. The headlines switched from "Attack on America" to "War on Terror" or something like that. I remember having a conversation with my mom when I was much younger (maybe 6 or 7) about how I thought it was interesting that America "Didn't have wars anymore" and that "I probably won't ever live through a war". Well, I guess that changed. A while later I watched on TV Afghanistan being bombed.

I think it's very important to remember what has led up to where we are today. I believe it's very important that America keep the promise it made 7 years ago when we said "May we never forget". A lot of people say that we should just "Move on" or "Forget about it, it happened a long time ago". I say that would be betraying the memory of the brave Firefighters and Policemen and just plain ordinary people who gave their lives to protect their fellow Americans. Like the Firechief who continued to go up floor after floor and continue evacuating people, even though he well knew that he wouldn't have time to get out himself. The people on flight 93 who waited until their plane was over a non urban area to attack the terrorists, giving their lives to save others. The heroes were many. And I, for one, refuse to forget about them. Later, the Firefighters and others passed on the torch to the Soldiers, Sailors, Cost Guardsmen, Airmen, and Marines who willingly went to war to bring justice to the terrorists who had killed so many people. Over 4,000 of them have willingly given their lives for us.

I would encourage you guys to take some time today to remember what happened, and to thank God for those who have been protecting us, and pray for those who are still protecting us.

"Terrorism against America will not stand. God bless the victims, their families, and America." -President George Bush

We remember.

-Brendan

God Bless our servicemen and women!

GunzNutz87
09-11-08, 03:20 PM
I remember when I first realized what was going on. I was at school going to 2nd period Civics class. The teacher had a TV set up, and the first thing I saw on the TV was footage of the first tower, with smoke billowing out of it. Moments later the 2nd plane hit. That footage while be burned into my memory til the day I die. I don't remember much else from that day, except the feeling of disbelief. It had all seemed so surreal that day. The next day that feeling had been replaced by anger. Anger at those responsible, and anger at myself for not being able to do anything about it at the time. Now 8 years later I still feel the same way, except now I'm going to try to do something about it.

Many thanks and many prayers to all those who have died in the service of this great country and its people.

Psurichie
09-11-08, 04:17 PM
I was in Math Class in high school. I will never forget that day. Three of my cousins dropped out of college to joined the Marines The week after. I wanted to go with them so bad but I had three years of high school left. Now seven years later I am finally going.

Fubar5812
09-11-08, 05:55 PM
9/11 ****ed me the **** off,so I joined the Marine Corps,my brother told me "well if you want too go get some revenge and make a difference,join the Marines" he was in at the time and deployed about a year after the attacks.

we had like 6 moments of silence today,I'm sure those people responsible are SERIOUSLY regretting attacking us on our soil.

YutYut
09-11-08, 07:04 PM
I was a nasty civilian on 11 SEP 01. I truly had no sense of direction or purpose in life and, sadly, did not concern myself with what I'd just seen on the news about the towers and the Pentagon. It wasn't until I earned my Eagle, Globe and Anchor that I became stupid moto about hating the jackasses in this world that hate my Country. Anyway, I honestly get physically and emotionally upset about that day and all the innocent and unsuspecting people who's lives were lost or changed forever. Got choked up this morning while reading the Early Bird. Saw an article about a few of the kids whose parents were taken from them.

Parsons95
09-11-08, 07:46 PM
It's hard to belive it has been seven years. I was just a little toddler in kindergarden when it happened so I don't remember much of it but when I think about it now... I just can't wait untill I can enlist and make a difference!

futuremarine129
09-11-08, 08:40 PM
I vividly remember I was in 4th grade, when around 11 am people started getting dismissed from school. I thought nothing of it and continued doing my work, and my teachers censored what was happening outside the safety of the school's walls. I didn't begin to understand something was happening until I started walking home and my dad met me halfway, which was peculiar because I was a big tough 4th grader and didn't need his help to walk me home, so naturally, I met him with hostility.

That was when he interrupted my ranting and let me know what happened, which I did not fully understand until I saw replays on the TV. My family and I were so enraged, and my mom told me that terrorists attacked, but I couldn't grasp the concept of someone attacking us on our soil. My mom sent me to bed early that night with sweet dreams, and a puzzled face.

It was not until 5 years later at my freshman 9/11 assembly in school, the purpose of which was to remember the fallen, that I made the decision to hunt down, and kill the sons of *****es who would do this to our country. In just about 1 short year, my goal will be realized by joining the United States Marine Corps. This is why they fight.

Mariyta
09-11-08, 09:00 PM
Some of you guys make me feel so old. I was a sophomore in college, walking through the rec hall when I saw it. It breaks my heart how it seems to have become something you see in history books but don't really think about (for most people, anyway). I can't believe they have forgotten that pain so easily.

Wyoming
09-11-08, 09:42 PM
You know, from all of you young folks, you have given me faith that this World, which will soon be yours, and this Marine Corps, is in good hands.

I was having coffee, watching the morning news. Not to go into details, but it was a sad and bad day.

To this day, I am not a fan of terrorists or their like. I hold back no feelings of my dislike or distaste for their beliefs or ideals.

As it appears, no one as yet, having replyed, was a Marine. I truly feel that this act of hostility, and your patriotism, is what has inspired you to join the United States Marine Corps.

To that end, I salute you.

Aitrus
09-11-08, 10:41 PM
As it appears, no one as yet, having replyed, was a Marine. I truly feel that this act of hostility, and your patriotism, is what has inspired you to join the United States Marine Corps.

Yes sir. I remember when we first went to war against Afghanistan, I thought I had been born in the wrong generation. But I have come to realize that the job is nowhere near done, and it would be my greatest honor to serve my country by joining the United States Marine Corps to help do my part. Thank you sir and the other Marines on this forum who have already done your part and have helped inspire us wannabes to achieve our goal of becoming Marines so that we may help to keep our country safe.

awbrown1462
09-11-08, 11:30 PM
Play this everyone should hear it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-x9kMPauc NEVER FORGET

NicholasITALY
09-12-08, 09:21 AM
9/11 ****ed me the **** off,so I joined the Marine Corps,my brother told me "well if you want too go get some revenge and make a difference,join the Marines" he was in at the time and deployed about a year after the attacks.

we had like 6 moments of silence today,I'm sure those people responsible are SERIOUSLY regretting attacking us on our soil.

You are damn right.

Some people in here don't like the revenge.. but not me.
They are going to pay for what they have done.
I promise you all.

"We are the Nation's first land of defense.. but if you do something wrong to the Country.. we're the last people you wanna see coming at your door.
That reputation has been well earned over the last 230 years." :evilgrin:

GunzNutz87
09-13-08, 05:28 PM
You know, from all of you young folks, you have given me faith that this World, which will soon be yours, and this Marine Corps, is in good hands.

I was having coffee, watching the morning news. Not to go into details, but it was a sad and bad day.

To this day, I am not a fan of terrorists or their like. I hold back no feelings of my dislike or distaste for their beliefs or ideals.

To that end, I salute you.

Thank you sir, for both your words and your salute. In exchange for your faith I'll try my hardest to earn the title Marine.

Do-Or-Die
09-15-08, 10:11 PM
I was in 5th grade, 10 years old. Nobody told me anything about what happend untill I got out of school. All I can really remember is being scared at first, probably because of all the confusion, and then really ****ed that all this was happening.

phantasm
09-16-08, 11:20 AM
I was on active duty on 9/11/01. It's a day that I'll never forget.

degenerate138
09-16-08, 12:24 PM
I was in California on vacation, sleeping... it was really early when my mom ran into the room and told me and my late brother that terrorists bombed the World Trade Center... I was only 13 at the time, so I could not grasp the enormity of the situation; however, I was shocked. I was staying at my aunts house, we were supposed to leave the next day. We got stuck in L.A. for about a week, and I ended up missing some school.

Having matured, watching these home videos of people taping the tragic event, it's hard to watch. Seeing people actually jump out of the towers, from 70 stories... makes me want to kill some terrorists.

THAT AINT IT
09-16-08, 12:52 PM
I was in choir and our teacher always had the TV on when we had free days. I was in 7th grade at 11 years old. The only thing everyone else cared about was getting to come home early. I just stared at the TV in disbelief at what was happening in my country. I was so angry I just started crying. I'll never forget how I felt that day.

fjmas1976
09-16-08, 01:09 PM
I remember I was sitting in a classrom at college (I had just got out out of the Corps about 2 years before) waiting for the start of class. The professor walked in and said, "It's all changed......". They cancelled classes the rest of the day and I remember having this horrible, lost feeling. I felt ****ed,sad,confused....all in one. I never want to feel like I did that day.:usmc: