PDA

View Full Version : MOS decision

Big D
09-10-08, 09:03 PM
I scored a 97 on my ASVAB and have no criminal record. I am not 100% sure what MOS I want to do though. I was just wondering if I could get some inside point of views on some of these. I have it narrowed down to three MOS's:

1) 27XX or linguist because I like learning other languages, but I cold see how this would get boring. What would I do, other than the obvious?

2) 03XX or infantry because I obviously wouldn't get bored, I don't want anyone to be able to give me **** about anything (like calling me a POG), and I'd enjoy the challenge

3) Presidential Guard. Sorry, I'm not sure what the MOS is. But, I think I would enjoy this, I was just wondering what a normal day was like being in Presidential Guard?

Thanks.

1stRad2671
09-10-08, 09:04 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/search.php

Big D
09-10-08, 09:08 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/search.php

I've read most of the threads I've seen on Presidential Guard, if that's what you are pointing me to searching. I didn't find anything on the everyday schedule of a Presidential Guard.

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 09:09 PM
Well Presidential you need to be 03, at least thats the way it was. <br />
<br />
Linguist opens up huge doors for you if you decide to leave the Corps, you can do a lot business wise. And if you can learn...

Big D
09-10-08, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the help. I plan on staying career. But I'm sure plenty of Marines have said that and changed their minds.

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 09:37 PM
Well I planned on staying but got out at a bad time. But I saw what I needed to see, and realized that while I went guaranteed Infantry it can be a dead end job when you get out. But on the other hand a friend of mine who was a cook, won 2 meritorious promotion boards made Sgt. in four years got a job with Marriot hotels making 80k his first year and this was 15 years ago. So look at what you want for a future then decide on an MOS, Aerospace is shaky, legal will always be around, Engineers learn good stuff. Intell is a good bet. Just don't get tunnel vision, there are options.

thewookie
09-10-08, 10:05 PM
Not good for customer relations and such.

That's great, you just made my day, thanks!:D

OMFG

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 10:08 PM
Well I was the meanest bank teller to ever walk the Earth, just wasn't my forte. Did good as a Cop and Prison Guard though. Hmm maybe I should try being a waiter.......NOT;)

Marine84
09-11-08, 07:52 AM
Everybody around here thinks I'm mean as hell - nothing mean about me - I shoot straight from the hip and folks usually know where they stand with me from the get go. I can be their best friend or worst enemy, whichever way they want to go with it.

Big D
10-29-08, 08:25 AM
Will I get to go through combat as a linguist? Or is it more of a desk job than a grunt thing?