PDA

View Full Version : Great...now look what happened.

BigGunz90
09-10-08, 07:41 PM
Hey fellow Poolee's/Marines,

Thursday night at football practice I made a tackle and right after that my arm hurt REALLY bad. So I had the trainer look at it and he said it was just a bone bruise. Nothing to worry about. It bothered me so bad I sat Friday's game out. It continued to hurt all weekend then I decided to go get it checked out by an orthopedic doctor. It turns out that its broken. Not a major break but enough to put me in a cast for a few weeks. I don't have to have surgery, however. Am I done? Its going to crush me if I can't join because of this. I worked so hard for this. I'm not leaving for several months though. I'm talking to my recruiter tomorrow about it. I didn't talk to him before because either he was away or I wasn't able to call him. So what do you guys think?

Thanks.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-10-08, 07:42 PM
No worries. A minor break isn't a big deal. I hope it doesn't ruin your senior football season though!

Psurichie
09-10-08, 07:45 PM
I had knee surgery in January and I am leaving in October. They said that it had to be 6 months after the doctor cleared me to back to work. I just had to go to a orthopedic consult at MEPS. Good luck

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 07:45 PM
You should be ok. Just keep your recruiter up to date. I had a friend break his arm arm wrestling 6 months before he shipped, he was all good

BigGunz90
09-10-08, 07:47 PM
Ok thanks both of you. That put me in a better mood.

Cpl., I am out for three weeks though. But its all good.

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 07:51 PM
No prob for me or Echo I would assume we don't want you getting discouraged over something that may result in nothing. Good luck take it easy and keep active as possible

BigGunz90
09-10-08, 08:13 PM
Sorry that was for Echo I didn't see your post. But thanks Cpl. Mike for the words I just don't know what I would do if I didn't make it because I'm so close ya know.

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 08:34 PM
No probs rather help ya than hurt ya. Echo is full of good advice. I'm a little different. I will do some shady things if I got to. But thats me and I don't lose sleep over it. I dislocated my left hip in Bosnia and then again about 8 months ago. It doesn't bother me so my recruiter wasn't told about it. You will find here though that you be encouraged to disclose problems. All good advice, just not for me. ;)

BigGunz90
09-11-08, 03:00 PM
I talked to my recruiter today and he said it wont be a problem. Just let it heal all the way before I do alot. Thanks everyone I guess I freaked out a bit too much.