PDA

View Full Version : Waiver

nativetexan
09-10-08, 06:34 PM
Why is it that I had to do 3 waivers for offenses that took place when I was a minor? <br />
<br />
I had two possessions of a lighter tickets, and one failure to appear charge. (Only because I was out of state...

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 06:53 PM
During certain times the service gets selective so you got to play the game, I got 2 waivers going now, so get used to the games

nativetexan
09-10-08, 06:58 PM
Well, they were taken care of before I turned 18, and I thought it got erased when you turned.

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 07:06 PM
You have to request that your record be expunged, otherwise it could sit there forever

nativetexan
09-10-08, 07:12 PM
Alright, sounds good to me. It was just a quick question. I have it all straightened up at MEPS, so as long as I don't mess up from now to December 1st, I'm fine.

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 07:14 PM
Just keep your focus and stay straight.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-10-08, 07:47 PM
Your record doesn't reflect what happened when you were a minor. But, that doesn't mean you didn't commit the crime. The military deals with things that are of such a nature that national security at times deems it necessary to know everything about a person. Thus, you get a waiver to ensure that they don't later find out you did commit a crime and then lie about it.

Notice that on the paperwork it doesn't ask if you've ever gotten arrested/received a ticket since the age of 18. They ask if you EVER have, and if you claim you haven't, even if you did before 18, you aren't being honest, and that is the real concern.

fjmas1976
09-11-08, 11:59 AM
Possession of a lighter? What the h*ll is that? Did you get a warrant issued for your Failure to Appear? Were you arrested on the warrant if so?:usmc:

nativetexan
09-11-08, 03:42 PM
Possession of a lighter? What the h*ll is that? Did you get a warrant issued for your Failure to Appear? Were you arrested on the warrant if so?:usmc:

I don't know man, I guess out here in Southern California, that it's illegal to have a lighter as a minor. I had no warrant, but I paid the extra money out of my pocket to pay for the fine.

The possession of a lighter cost me $299.70, and the failure to appear cost me $300, so basically I spent $600 on a lighter.:sick:

fjmas1976
09-11-08, 03:56 PM
Damn. I pull much worse than lighters off of 12 year olds where I work. I've taken GUNS AND KNIVES off of kids, and they end up walking away with nothing after the courts here are done with them. Possession of a lighter....that's a good one:evilgrin:

Mikewebe
09-11-08, 04:12 PM
Certain Counties in Cali are notoriuos for small violations, my step kid has had 3 tickets for posession of Tobacco, they even wrote him a ticket the day after it was reported someone saw him smoking, we took it to court and I smoked that, they are some weird hillbilly hicks that have an idea of how things should be. But Lassen County per capita has the biggest population of minors on probation, so it would appear that these good old boys aren't doing so well.