PDA

View Full Version : A list?

LeDave
09-10-08, 01:44 PM
Does anybody know where you can find a list of all the MOS's you can get based on your ASVAB score and stuff?

I asked my recruiter if I can get a list of jobs that are available to me because I finished everything and I just swore in on the 6th, but he told me to just wait because I have until January which is a long way to choose from.

I would like a list so I can just do some research online and see which type of jobs I want.

Incase you need my ASVAB score it's 34. (Yes I know, very low).

TSULLI
09-10-08, 01:50 PM
Just type in Marine MOS list into google... Thats what I did.

HurricaneRJ
09-10-08, 01:54 PM
34? **** son, you only need to look at three things.

1. Infantry
2. MP
3. Cook.

ASVAB score doesn't make you less of a Marine than anyone else. There was this kid in my Boot Camp platoon, who scored a 97 but he couldn't tie his boots, nor could he do anything right. he ended up getting dropped a couple of times.

mattlw201
09-10-08, 01:57 PM
You can look at www.************* (http://www.*************) or you can basically go by what the pfc said. There are not many jobs open to you.

srinaldo86
09-10-08, 02:06 PM
http://www.
military
.com/ASVAB/0,,ASVAB_MOS_USMC.html

I had to split it up so that it wouldn't be blocked out.

HurricaneRJ
09-10-08, 02:47 PM
You can look at www.************* (http://www.*************) or you can basically go by what the pfc said. There are not many jobs open to you.

I'm a Marine, but call me Hurricane.

(To the original poster)
Theres not a lot of options open to you, but if you have a high GT score, you can qualify for more things. I made a 32 my first time with a GT of 92. It all depends, don't give up. Take it again and get the job you want. Remember it's you joining the Corps.

Garrett90
09-10-08, 03:02 PM
Does anybody know where you can find a list of all the MOS's you can get based on your ASVAB score and stuff?

I asked my recruiter if I can get a list of jobs that are available to me because I finished everything and I just swore in on the 6th, but he told me to just wait because I have until January which is a long way to choose from.

I would like a list so I can just do some research online and see which type of jobs I want.

Incase you need my ASVAB score it's 34. (Yes I know, very low).

I took the ASVAB and went to MEPS in July and I don't ship until 20090112 but my recruiter gave me the list about 2 weeks after MEPS. Its never too early to look at the jobs. With a 34 there will not be AS many jobs open, just tell him that you understand that and you'd still like to look at the list.

NaguYen
09-10-08, 03:56 PM
Just go to about.com and type in Marine Corps Enlistment MOS/jobs and It will give you all the info on what GT score you need and ASVAB Score. But I think its mainly your GT.

LeDave
11-03-08, 02:48 AM
Well I picked out my job and it sure wasn't a cook. It's 06xx, communications. I'm hoping to become a field radio operator 0621 and work with a infantry unit. They're those guys who carry that radio pack on their back with a phone around that you see in war movies.

rvillac2
11-03-08, 10:08 AM
They're those guys who carry that radio pack on their back with a phone around that you see in war movies.
Also known as sniper bait.

polizei
11-03-08, 12:31 PM
Ha yea...read Shooter by Jack Coughlin, great book. First to go down are command and communications. Good luck on your journey.

kash
11-03-08, 06:48 PM
The day I got back from MEPs I asked my recruiter for a list of jobs(even though I knew what I wanted). If your GT score is 3 points away I belive you can get a waiver for it.

LeDave
11-03-08, 07:02 PM
The day I got back from MEPs I asked my recruiter for a list of jobs(even though I knew what I wanted). If your GT score is 3 points away I belive you can get a waiver for it.

Kash! dang! I really wish I could do as much running as you. My weakest point is running. I can do 9 pullups, and 103 crunches. But my 1 1/2 mile run is terrible. I can run 1 1/2 in around 14 minutes, and I need 13:30 at least to pass the IST.