PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Marines.

mattlw201
09-10-08, 01:11 AM
I dont know exactly how to word this. Is it possible to do an exchange program with the Royal Marines, or something of that nature, when I hit the fleet. I know they are highly respected by the Marines who have worked with them, and I would like to have a chance to work with them.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-10-08, 01:42 AM
If you want to be a Royal Marine, get to the UK and find out what you have to do.

As a US Marine you may work with them, you may not. Our interest isn't in making you happy and letting you do everything you'd want to do. It is to prepare US Marines to win battles. As such, we do better with our Marines working with us.

thewookie
09-10-08, 06:44 AM
I dont know exactly how to word this. Is it possible to do an exchange program with the Royal Marines, or something of that nature, when I hit the fleet. I know they are highly respected by the Marines who have worked with them, and I would like to have a chance to work with them.

I don't know what's going on now, but when I was in we did a month long exchange or training session with the Royal Marines in Scotland and London. And then they sent a few platoons over here and they trained with us for a month. This was when I was with Security Forces. I'm not sure if it's done in the fleet, maybe with specialized units like MARSOC?

The British Royal Marines are badazz and great guys to work with.

More then likely you'll fall into this opportunity, meaning it will find you or it won't; you can't plan it.

mattlw201
09-10-08, 12:01 PM
I don't know what's going on now, but when I was in we did a month long exchange or training session with the Royal Marines in Scotland and London. And then they sent a few platoons over here and they trained with us for a month. This was when I was with Security Forces. I'm not sure if it's done in the fleet, maybe with specialized units like MARSOC?

The British Royal Marines are badazz and great guys to work with.

More then likely you'll fall into this opportunity, meaning it will find you or it won't; you can't plan it.

Thank you Sergeant.

mattlw201
09-10-08, 12:07 PM
If you want to be a Royal Marine, get to the UK and find out what you have to do.

As a US Marine you may work with them, you may not. Our interest isn't in making you happy and letting you do everything you'd want to do. It is to prepare US Marines to win battles. As such, we do better with our Marines working with us.

My ambission Corporal is 100% to become a US Marine. It wouldnt matter to much to me either way if I worked with them or not.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-10-08, 12:11 PM
Good deal then. You may get a chance to work with other people, you may not. Just depends on whether you're in the right place at the right time or not.

Ceya
09-10-08, 11:36 PM
E4 Bravo is correct. You may or may not.

I had the pleasure of being able to do so while in Japan.

They are some outstanding Marines and like all other Marines in other countries (Thai, South Korea -ROK etc) I trained with too.

S/F<
CEYA!

Mikewebe
09-10-08, 11:46 PM
Only 3 ways I can think of to do this:

1.Go recon and hope that you get selected to do the exchange as they do have one.
2. Get stationed at the embassy and I am sure some training evolutions go on.
3. Hope for an obscure deployment to England.

I had a 1st Sgt who was Ranger and Jump qualed from the Army then joined the Corps and went to Scuba. He then got an appointment to serve 18 months with the Brits making him a Quad Body as its called

RememberMorriso
09-16-08, 12:06 AM
The Royal Marines are gay, end of story. I went to boot with one and he told me plenty of stories about them.

Wyoming
09-16-08, 08:37 AM
The Royal Marines are gay, end of story. I went to boot with one and he told me plenty of stories about them.

Holy ****!!

You went to boot with one and now you are a ****ing expert?

This boot..., aw ****, nevermind.

Methinks you just ****ed in your mess-kit.

TJR1070
09-16-08, 08:39 AM
The Royal Marines are as crazy as we are. Met up with a bunch in Dubai after Desert Storm at a bar, drank copious amounts of alcohol and then decided (with an invitation) to go to their ship where they had a BAR!!! We were at sea for 78 days on the way over and they gave us all two beers at a steel beach party, but a BAR ON the ship, that's the way to travel to a war!!