PDA

View Full Version : Cpl. Gilo

egbutler1
09-09-08, 07:44 PM
I just thought the time would be good since we are arriving at his first year after death. This was one of those Marines that was the perfect Marine all around. I raised this guy and tried to mold him to the perfect NCO while i was in and i think i did good, but truly it was all him. I got out and shortly afterwards our deployment to iraq and Gilo picked up Cpl and re-deployed back to Iraq to the FOB we had just left a few months earlier for another 7 month tour. I kept in contact with him and than he was killed 9/10/07 by an IED along with another Marine LCpl Hicks (i did not know him). So I write this post to honor him for paying the price to ensure freedom. I also would like to express my condolences to his wife and two children one of which he never got to meet. Semper Fidelis GILO! I miss you buddy and love ya tons!

Butler, OUT!
http://www.militarytimes.com/honor/3035536.html

egbutler1
09-11-08, 12:01 AM
SF GILO I miss the hell out of you brother, and maybe one day when im strong enough i will be able to visit you. OOH-RAH!

Mikewebe
09-11-08, 12:40 AM
All I can say is I'm sorry for his loss and thank you to his family for his service, and Semper Fi brother its never easy. Rest well Cpl Gilo, rest well