PDA

View Full Version : Taps

CHOPPER7199
09-09-08, 04:11 AM
I Was Just Awaken At 4 A.m. To Be Informed That My Uncle Had Just Past Away. He Had Just Turned 82 On Sunday. He Was My Idol And Hero. He Served In The Army In The Pacific In Ww11. I Had Many A Talk With Him Over The Yrs About Many Things, He Never Opened Up Till Later Yrs Of What Went On While In The War, He Felt, That The Least Said The Better. Then One Day He Opened Up, I Guess It Was His Time To Tell. He Had Told Me No One Knew What Had Happened But Had To Tell Some One. I Felt Honored That He Was Going To Tell Me. He Started To Cry, I Have To Tell You Ron, I Killed A Man With My Bare Hands, I Was Looking In His Eyes When I Did It. Uncle I Said, It Was War, You Were Doing What You Were There To Do. Time Heals They Say, But Maybe Some Things Never Heal. Sorry People, Just Felt I Had To Share My Uncle. God Speed Uncle Johnny, Say Hi To All Our Fallen Vets.

jrhd97
09-09-08, 07:34 AM
Sorry to here that Chopper. I'm praying for you and your family.

thedrifter
09-09-08, 07:49 AM
My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences for the Family and Friends....

Rest in Peace

When we have done all the work we were sent to Earth to do, We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the future butterfly;
And when the time is right, we can let go of it and we will be free of pain, free of fears and worries, free as a very beautiful butterfly returning home to God.

God Bless

Ellie

davblay
09-09-08, 09:21 AM
Slow hand salute..........RIP. Another member of our finest generation is finally gone home.
Chopper, know Prayers are outbound.

Dave

jinelson
09-09-08, 09:44 AM
Im so sorry Ron you have told me many stories about your uncle over the years and I know that this is a tough time for you. My sincere sympathy to you and Joyce. A slow hand salute to a member of our finest generation.

Jim

awbrown1462
09-09-08, 09:45 AM
My Prayers are with you I know the loss my Uncle was my hero and one of the reason I picked the Marines when he passed away I felt a big loss in my heart

yellowwing
09-09-08, 10:44 PM
Your Uncle sounds like one hell of Man. His private worries and sorrows are gone now. He is among the Blest. Amen.