PDA

View Full Version : I need some quick help here

jnoel
09-08-08, 09:21 PM
Ok so my recruitor calls me today and tells me that he got me an open spot to ship out this coming monday with the job i want (meterology and oceanography 6800) then he says it's job code AJ. After i get off the phone with him i google the AJ job code in marine corps and find out taht i could be in 6800, 7200, or 7000 MOS field. Now he told me from the get go that i could pick a field such as 0300 or 6800 and that's all and that i would be given a job inside that job code. Now what i want to no is y did he tell me that he got me the meterology job if i could be stuck in the 7200 field or be a bulk fueler? that's not waht i want at all and he knows that. So i call him back and say hey, i could be stuck in one of these other fields and not get meterology, how can i make sure i get metoc? and he says well all you got to do is do good in job school! but i know that i'm not going to go to a job school for METOC if i'm going to be a bulk fueler or something like that, therefore i assume i will be given either 6800, 7000, or 7200 before job school. So what does me doing good in job school matter about getting in 6800? i want 6800 and that's it, he has known that the whole time.

Also he knows my financial situation is horriable and i got some debt. i asked him about a shipping bonus and he said well i dont see why taht would be a problem to get you one, let me see. Then proceeds to tell me that he has four job bonuses open right now. Today rolls around and i ask him agian and he sais he dosent know if he can get me one or not and they are gonig to put me in for one. I just feel like i'm getting kinda ****## here and dont know what to do..

E5NAMKROW
09-08-08, 09:38 PM
1. The Marine Corps isnt the place to bail you out of debt.
2. The recruiter has you over a barrel because you showed him your cards, i.e. debt too eager, whatever.
3. Hold out. The Marines have been here for many a year and will continue to do so.
4. When you are getting treated like this you let your recruiter know he is fired and you go see another recruiter. You aren't in the Corps yet and should be treated with some sort of respect. Once you are in, you are in. All bets are off, its the needs of the Marine Corps. You are still a civilian so you do not need to put up with lies, decietfulness, and his or hers abilities to do their friggin' job the Corps put them out there to do. Tell him you don't want him to do everything....just his job. If he can't give you your answers and help you out you look elswhere. By the way, i spent 4 years which i loved in the Corps. This is your possibly life career here we are talking about. You need to get it ironed out and in writing before you do anything. Good luck, hope i helped.

jobu121
09-08-08, 09:45 PM
1. The Marine Corps isnt the place to bail you out of debt.
2. The recruiter has you over a barrel because you showed him your cards, i.e. debt too eager, whatever.
3. Hold out. The Marines have been here for many a year and will continue to do so.
4. When you are getting treated like this you let your recruiter know he is fired and you go see another recruiter. You aren't in the Corps yet and should be treated with some sort of respect. Once you are in, you are in. All bets are off, its the needs of the Marine Corps. You are still a civilian so you do not need to put up with lies, decietfulness, and his or hers abilities to do their friggin' job the Corps put them out there to do. Tell him you don't want him to do everything....just his job. If he can't give you your answers and help you out you look elswhere. By the way, i spent 4 years which i loved in the Corps. This is your possibly life career here we are talking about. You need to get it ironed out and in writing before you do anything. Good luck, hope i helped.

E5NAMKROW This is great information and very true.
I just wanted to add a caveat - I went "open contract" my buddy went with me and he too had to go "open contract".
I got aviation and my buddy got photography. My brother thought it would be great to go open contract too and got 0311. If you can also pin down a job you want then do so. That will secure more of a bonus for you if you have a guaranteed MOS.
I spent 4 great years in the Corps! :usmc:
Good Luck!

jnoel
09-08-08, 10:31 PM
thanks guys and you were right about the acting too eager part cause he knows how bad i wanna go to PI asap. But i am calling him tomorrow and telling him that i will NOT ship out unless my contract says 6800 meterology. as for the shipping bonus i didnt join the corps for it but i got some debt and he told me he could get me one to help me out and now he acting like it's next to impossiable to get one. i'm sure he is planning on using it on one of these guys who is having doubts about joining which ****es me off cause he acted like it was definate for me. my friend that's also a poolie has a cusin that is a CWO-3 and he told me he is going to give my a recruitor a call in the next couple of days and see if he can get this fixed for me. i figured if anyone can he will

Wyoming
09-08-08, 10:50 PM
Jeez, did you read ANY of the stickies in the Poolee Forum?

Oh yeah, and have your poolee friends cusin, the CWO-3 to call your Recruiter. I can't think of a better way to make his day.

meterology, your spellng, isn't that one of those jobs that requires a passing grade in spelling?

I think I'll give Sgt. Melcher, at 270-625-4884, a call tomorrow, and read him your posts, and straighten his ass out. No need to thank me, it will be my pleasure.

jnoel
09-08-08, 11:56 PM
Jeez, did you read ANY of the stickies in the Poolee Forum?

Oh yeah, and have your poolee friends cusin, the CWO-3 to call your Recruiter. I can't think of a better way to make his day.

meterology, your spellng, isn't that one of those jobs that requires a passing grade in spelling?

I think I'll give Sgt. Melcher, at 270-625-4884, a call tomorrow, and read him your posts, and straighten his ass out. No need to thank me, it will be my pleasure.

um for your information i just explained my situation to him and asked if there was anyway i could get my recruitor to put 6800 on my contract for the exact field and he said he would give my recruitor a call and see what he could do and see what's going on. and mabey you should know the whole situation before you go popping off about somethign you arent sure of, go ahead and give that number a call- it's my old personal cell number in my profile. and as for my posts i will read them to him, i didnt make any disrespectful or derogatory comments i just simply stated the facts and asked what can be done. Also the CWO-3 is the one who told me not to ship unless everything i wanted was in my contract cause after i ship off to bootcamp all things are said and done!

davblay
09-09-08, 12:22 AM
um for your information i just explained my situation to him and asked if there was anyway i could get my recruitor to put 6800 on my contract for the exact field and he said he would give my recruitor a call and see what he could do and see what's going on. and mabey you should know the whole situation before you go popping off about somethign you arent sure of, go ahead and give that number a call- it's my old personal cell number in my profile. and as for my posts i will read them to him, i didnt make any disrespectful or derogatory comments i just simply stated the facts and asked what can be done. Also the CWO-3 is the one who told me not to ship unless everything i wanted was in my contract cause after i ship off to bootcamp all things are said and done!

Well jnoel, you just admitted to being a liar and proved that you have no idea how to write. The word "I" is always a capital, and your spelling is less than to be desired. But the main thing you did was show disrespect for a Marine NCO on a Marine site! Apologies are in order here!

I suggest you read the rules, and learn to check that attitude at the log in page. We don't tolerate disrespect for Marines in here, not in our house!

jnoel
09-09-08, 12:41 AM
Well jnoel, you just admitted to being a liar and proved that you have no idea how to write. The word "I" is always a capital, and your spelling is less than to be desired. But the main thing you did was show disrespect for a Marine NCO on a Marine site! Apologies are in order here!

I suggest you read the rules, and learn to check that attitude at the log in page. We don't tolerate disrespect for Marines in here, not in our house!

well i dont feel like i disrespected anyone all i did is told him to find out all the facts before he goes sending threats to someone. and i know the letter I is supposed to be caps but i just dont seem for it to be nessicary on an open forum. And i am not a liar i just dont think i should openly put someone elses phone number up on a website.

yellowwing
09-09-08, 01:01 AM
Its the rules jnoel. Look at the sticky posts in the Poolee Hall.

The biggest one is that you are a guest here. Marines are not nice cuddly types of people. Maybe that is why you want to join us. Fine.

But until you graduate have a measure of Respect. If you can't hack it online, Boot Camp will be hell.

jnoel
09-09-08, 01:04 AM
Its the rules jnoel. Look at the sticky posts in the Poolee Hall.

The biggest one is that you are a guest here. Marines are not nice cuddly types of people. Maybe that is why you want to join us. Fine.

But until you graduate have a measure of Respect. If you can't hack it online, Boot Camp will be hell.

yes sir, i'm sorry to all i have offended. i just dont take kindly to someone twisting my words and threatening to call my recruitor..my only intention of this thread was to see what, or if there was anything i can do. and the thing about the CWO-3 wasnt a threat to my recruitor, he just mearly offered to call him and see what he can do. i guess to some my post might of seemed like i was being an a$$ about this but it wasnt. i do respect those who are in the corps, i guess i just got off on the wrong foot.

yellowwing
09-09-08, 01:06 AM
Learn to capitalize. This is not a text message board. Attention to detail is a Marine Corps Trait.

Marine84
09-09-08, 07:28 AM
Jnoel - Bigal wasn't threatening anything, he was promising to call your Recruiter. I also haven't read where anybody asked you if you felt it necessary to use caps or not in an open forum. We don't CARE what you think, thing is, it's a rule around here for you wannabes therefore you must follow it or you don't get to come around.

And.............just a little info on the bonus money - if you think for one minute that you will automatically get it right out of boot camp, think again. You have to get through all of your training before you get it. You may be in training for the first year of your enlistment.

Wyoming
09-09-08, 07:56 AM
Jeezus H ****ing Kee Rist

Well there jnoel, since you don't feel the rules apply to you, AND, as you say, you are gonna read these posts to your recruiter, you wouldn't mind my having a bit of a chat with him, would you?

Since you PM'd me all ****y, go ahead and PM me again with his phone number.

Oh, by the way, did you see any Marines come to your aid for 'some quick help here'? I think not, but this Band of Brothers jumped your **** when you ****ed down the leg of one of their own.

Go ahead, send me the phone number.

jrhd97
09-09-08, 08:20 AM
jnoel, square yourself away son. Your post is unsat. If you type papers and reports like you type a post, you won't have much success in school.

Marines around here are willing to help, if you guys follow the few rules posted. You answer one of us like you answered bigal, forget it.

Be very careful how you answer Davbly. That man has helped more poolees around here than you can shake a stick at. When he offers up criticism, it is meant to help you, not belittle you. The appropriate answer is Thank you, yes sir, yes Corporal. Any one of those will do.
How about starting this all over again, following the rules. Chances are good you will get help.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-09-08, 11:23 AM
OK, you may not have wanted to post the recruiter's phone number, but I have no problem doing so. I called to speak to him a minute ago, but he wasn't in the office. Anyone that wishes to speak to Sgt. Melcher can call him at (270) 886-2014. Have fun Bigal

fjmas1976
09-09-08, 01:23 PM
Anyone else here think this kid should be banned? Lying and disrespecting a Marine NCO should not be tolerated.:usmc:

When I joined the Corps, I wanted to be a Marine. I didn't care about my MOS, I didn't ask for any bonuses, I just went in and signed on the line and raised my right hand. All I wanted was a shot to become a US Marine. All this kid cares about is what he will get and what is in it for him. This kid should go "be all that he can be" in an "Army of One".:evilgrin:

jnoel
09-09-08, 01:25 PM
Well I still dont see why everyone got mad. All i did initially was ask if there was anyay i could get 6800 metoc on my contract. This thread got blown way out of proportion but that's fine. I didnt say anythign in here that i wouldnt say to him myself cause i called him today and told him i talked to the CWO-3 and to see if there was anythign i could do to get 6800 on my contract and he actually told me that the CW0-3 may be able to do more than he can on the situation and we talked about how it all works.

fjmas1976
09-09-08, 01:33 PM
Well I still dont see why everyone got mad. All i did initially was ask if there was anyay i could get 6800 metoc on my contract. This thread got blown way out of proportion but that's fine. I didnt say anythign in here that i wouldnt say to him myself cause i called him today and told him i talked to the CWO-3 and to see if there was anythign i could do to get 6800 on my contract and he actually told me that the CW0-3 may be able to do more than he can on the situation and we talked about how it all works.
How many times have you been told by Marines on here to capitalize "I" and follow other rules of grammar and spelling as required by the posting rules for Poolees? Still......you insist on doing your own thing. If you make it to Recruit Training, God bless the Drill Instructors that have to TRY to shape you into a US Marine.:evilgrin:

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-09-08, 01:36 PM
I don't even think the Army would want to deal with someone that has been told repeatedly to correct a mistake he is making, and then ignores the instruction. The peace corps may be a better fit.

All I know is that I REALLY wish I could be a receiving Drill Instructor when this one hits the footprints.

FutureBootLouie
09-09-08, 01:59 PM
OK, you may not have wanted to post the recruiter's phone number, but I have no problem doing so. I called to speak to him a minute ago, but he wasn't in the office. Anyone that wishes to speak to Sgt. Melcher can call him at (270) 886-2014. Have fun Bigal

wow that was completely unnecessary

and take your recruiter's number off your profile, you don't need the whole world to see it and call him to give you a hard time.

jnoel
09-09-08, 02:02 PM
wow that was completely unnecessary

and take your recruiter's number off your profile, you don't need the whole world to see it and call him to give you a hard time.

yes sir I know, I never actually put his number online. Someone just aparently looked it up. I called him and told him everything that was said in this thread and he wasnt mad about anything I said. Like I stated before to the other Marines I never said anything disrespectful towards him. He was more mad that someone posted his number in this thread than anything.

OB MSG
09-09-08, 02:06 PM
BootLouie,

Read further back in the Thread. Apparently the number in the profile was the poolee in question's old cell number. I believe that Echo_Four pulled it from somewhere else. I could be wrong, but only once in a while. :marine:

As for jnoel,

Here's a simple way to get by in here: Tact and Respect. You may not have wanted to step on toes, p!$$ in the Kool-aid, or however you want to look at it, but you did. Marines are a rabid group, if we sense disrespect we go right for the throat. Also, you are in our house. A simple Yes,Sir; Yes, Corporal, or something along those lines will suffice and just follow the rules.

When/If you become a Marine, you will be entitled to do the same thing, but not before.

P.S.: Don't forget to capitalize those I's!

jnoel
09-09-08, 02:09 PM
BootLouie,

Read further back in the Thread. Apparently the number in the profile was the poolee in question's old cell number. I believe that Echo_Four pulled it from somewhere else. I could be wrong, but only once in a while. :marine:

As for jnoel,

Here's a simple way to get by in here: Tact and Respect. You may not have wanted to step on toes, p!$$ in the Kool-aid, or however you want to look at it, but you did. Marines are a rabid group, if we sense disrespect we go right for the throat. Also, you are in our house. A simple Yes,Sir; Yes, Corporal, or something along those lines will suffice and just follow the rules.

When/If you become a Marine, you will be entitled to do the same thing, but not before.

P.S.: Don't forget to capitalize those I's!

Yes Sir SSGT I never meant to disrespect anyone. Thank you and I will do so from now on.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-09-08, 02:13 PM
I posted the number because the young poolee in question decided it was OK to lie on his profile and then brag about that action in this thread. It isn't difficult to track this kind of information down, so I don't know why you'd lie about it on the forum.

Whether anyone calls the recruiter, or whether the recruiter cares isn't my concern. Though I do know that if I was the recruiter I'd be pretty upset about some of the things that have come to light through this thread.

FutureBootLouie
09-09-08, 02:27 PM
dude, jnoel, first of all - your punctuation and spelling IS horrendous. So seriously, learn to type properly.

Its not the people here being jerks, but Marines are expected to operate with professionalism, and one day if you make it to the NCO, SNCO or Officer ranks, you will have to deliver formal counselings to your Marines, and you don't want to sound unprofessional on your counseling sheets.

I strongly disagree with what the Marine did, calling up - your recruiter, but you need to also act with a degree of professionalism, again. Just be polite. You don't need to be motarded, but just be polite, and ask your questions. If you aren't getting the answers you think you need, PM me and I will find out the answer for you on my spare time.

If youre recruiter gives you a hard time because of this episode. Fine, go to another recruiter. Someone will work with you. He's the one with the quota to fill, not you.

Don't act desperate. Pretend you're shopping for a used car, you don't wanna be the guy desperate for a car in a used car lot, the salesman will eat you alive.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-09-08, 02:53 PM
I didn't say a word to the recruiter, just found his number for those that were wanting it. As I said, I don't care whether someone calls or not. I do care that he lied about the number in his profile and then acted as if that didn't matter. Integrity is of utmost importance, always. If he didn't want to post the recruiter's number he should have left it out of the profile and he shouldn't have come on and bragged about misleading the Marine that was looking.

jnoel
09-09-08, 03:51 PM
I didn't say a word to the recruiter, just found his number for those that were wanting it. As I said, I don't care whether someone calls or not. I do care that he lied about the number in his profile and then acted as if that didn't matter. Integrity is of utmost importance, always. If he didn't want to post the recruiter's number he should have left it out of the profile and he shouldn't have come on and bragged about misleading the Marine that was looking.

Yes Sir, I understand. My recruitor was glad that I didnt post his number in my profile. He was more mad that someone posted it up on this thread than anything. I called him and read the entire thread to him and we got everything worked out and things are all good. For those of you that helped me in this situation i give my thanks. Also he told me that I didnt say anything wrong to "bigAl" he simply told me "your not a marine so he is not your NCO, he also stated that if a corporal called him saying he was going to "set his A$$ straight on the subject" as the corporal stated earlier then he would take leave to go find him lol. I told him that with rank you earn respect but since I am not yet a marine I didnt feel that I did anything wrong. He proceeded to tell me that this was correct and that respect is not nessicarly given upon rank it mearly gives you the opportunity to earn respect. Again thanks to all of those who helped me and the PMs of those helpful marines.

jrhd97
09-09-08, 04:17 PM
Yes Sir, I understand. My recruitor was glad that I didnt post his number in my profile. He was more mad that someone posted it up on this thread than anything. I called him and read the entire thread to him and we got everything worked out and things are all good. For those of you that helped me in this situation i give my thanks. Also he told me that I didnt say anything wrong to "bigAl" he simply told me "your not a marine so he is not your NCO, he also stated that if a corporal called him saying he was going to "set his A$$ straight on the subject" as the corporal stated earlier then he would take leave to go find him lol. I told him that with rank you earn respect but since I am not yet a marine I didnt feel that I did anything wrong. He proceeded to tell me that this was correct and that respect is not nessicarly given upon rank it mearly gives you the opportunity to earn respect. Again thanks to all of those who helped me and the PMs of those helpful marines.
The problem is not that bigal is not in your chain. The problem is the rules of the site were violated. You, and no one else decided the rules didn't apply to you. In the world outside this site your recruiter is right. As long as your a guest here on Leatherneck the rules here apply.

jnoel
09-09-08, 04:34 PM
The problem is not that bigal is not in your chain. The problem is the rules of the site were violated. You, and no one else decided the rules didn't apply to you. In the world outside this site your recruiter is right. As long as your a guest here on Leatherneck the rules here apply.

I fully understand, but he still told me he didnt want me to put his number on here. So if it's ok with everyone in the place on my profile where it askes for his name I will put N/A or something like that. I will read over the rules so i fully understand them and work on the way I conduct myself on this site. Thank you all.

fjmas1976
09-09-08, 04:36 PM
So basically this kid comes to us for help, and in the end pretty much tells us to go fu*k ourselves.:evilgrin:

FutureBootLouie
09-09-08, 05:20 PM

good, case closed then.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-09-08, 05:54 PM
There is nothing wrong with leaving a few blanks in the profile. As long as you fill in most of it, that's all that matters.

Though I do admit that I'm really confused why anyone would have a problem with a public phone number being made public. Recruiters should love for as many people as possible to see their number, they may get a call from someone that wants to enlist...

jrhd97
09-09-08, 10:30 PM
If the recruiter requested he not post the number, I have no problem with that. Leave it blank. Most everyone has a blank or two in there profile.

davblay
09-09-08, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by jinelson http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images_ln/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=165493#post165493)
Welcome aboard Leatherneck.com, its important that you be advised that we have rules here that will best help you prepare to enter one of the two MCRD's. Your failure to comply with any of them will get you in trouble.

Rule One you are not a Marine and this is a Marine site therefore you have no rights and are merely a guest that we wish to help achieve your goal!

Rule Two before you post a thread make darn sure that you have researched the forums so that you are not embarrassed by the fact it was asked a week ago!

Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

Rule Five be courteous at all times with your peers and especially with Marines, if you verbally attack someone you will be dealt with severely and disrespect to a Marine will not be tolerated!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

Rule Seven the forums are not social a chatroom if you want to speak to a peer in that way do it on PM or by email or in the chatroom!

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

Rule Nine make sure when you post a thread its in the proper forum, you do not rate to post in a Marine forum at any time prior to earning the title. Read the headings over the recruit forums for a guide!

Rule Ten there will no political threads or posts of any kind in the recruit forums, you are here to concentrate on the yellow foot steps not politics!

Rule Eleven be ready and flexible to accept any and all new rules and criticism at all times. Use your time here to prepare yourself for the greatest challenge you will ever face!

Rule Twelve your profile must include your ship date. This is to validate you against some wannabe that calls him or her self a Poolee. Only Poolees have ship dates not wannabes.

Im including some recent links for rules that back these up below. I am also including a Drill Instructors thread of a list of what you may take to MCRD when you ship anything more is unacceptable! As you can see it is a very specific yet there are five pages of of questions again that is unacceptable. If you cant make it here you will not be able to survive recruit training.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28989 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28025 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28025)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28477 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28477)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25168 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25168)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all Boot louie, (with all due respect) You seem to have a short memory! You still don't get what we are doing here or you still haven't read the rules yourself, it seems!

Second, I don't understand why the recruiter would say something like that, if he did, and I said "If he did", screw him! That is a public phone number registered to the United States Marine Corps, not him personally! I will post it where ever I dam well please (as E4B did)! It is as much our phone number as it it his! He can't have a non listed number as a recruiter!

Third, there is nothing in that profile that will cause anyone to lose thier identity (Read rule 4), so we still want a Completed profile!

Forth, the recruiter is a professional in his field, we do not go into his office and try to tell him what to do! It's his space, this is ours and you, are a guest.

My profile is as complete as they get around here, I have nothing to hide, or lie about! It is all there for all to see. That's the purpose of filling out the profile, it is so we can see who we are talking to, the ship date, and who the recruiter is and his phone number, in case we want to chat with them.

Sorry about the long posts, but now you know "the rest of the story", so to speak!

Dave