PDA

View Full Version : MEPs diqualification

bartman1775
09-07-08, 03:31 PM
I recently tryed to enlist and was disqualified because I had PARTIALLY dislocater my right shoulder. I have wanted to be a Marine my whole life and was devastated when my waiver did not pass. A Gunny I know told me to wait three or four month and try a different recruiting station and if they say no just go to the next untill one will help me.Does this sound like it could work?. Being a marine is the only thing I have ever wanted to do with my life and I am determined to join, any advice would be greatly apreshiated.:usmc:

Andreas
09-07-08, 05:13 PM
That's a big negative there ghost rider.

1) If you were disqualified because of your shoulder you can become a BUMED (ask your recruiter). Basically it's an appeal to get you reviewed more indepth about your shoulder.

2) You're files are on record with the MEPS, all MEPS regardless of state or location etc; are linked together. Going to another MEPS will not do it and you will have wasted your time and money.

Did you process at MEPS? Or did your recruiter just say 'you're disqualified'?

For some odd reason, recruiters will say that because they don't wanna hassle with tracking down documents etc;

Is your shoulder limited on movement? Can you do any pullups? etc;

You may have to run an IST (Initial Strength Test)...as part of your waiver.

-Sgt Andreas
Recruiter

bartman1775
09-07-08, 10:14 PM
I processed at MEPS and got in to the DEP but well I was in I messed up my shoulder and got dropped.The second time I went the MEPS Doc DQed me.The Gunny at MEPs told me I could get a console but my recruiter told me he coudn't do it, I think he was just sick of dealing with me and didn't care because he was going back to the fleet in a month. The Gunny that told me to go to a different recruiter told me to wait then go and tell my story and tell them my records were on file. His friend who is a recruiter was going to get me in but the state he is in had a rule against one of my other waivers. He said to go to different stations untill some one would help me get a Medical console. My shoulder is 100% I can do 20+ pullups and 2 one handed pullups so my shoulder is not a problem i just need a chance to prove myself.

Is a BUMED a medical console??

-Bart

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-07-08, 11:33 PM
Talk to the recruiter, they should be able to get you fixed up. A dislocation isn't really reason to disqualify you. Either the doctor at MEPS found something else while he examined you, or they are needing more information about the injury. Push to make it happen and it will.

bartman1775
09-07-08, 11:46 PM
Yeah th Doc at MEPs is a real hard ass he DQs everone that has the smallest problem. I will not give up, some people let doors close in their face but I kick them back open...aspeshaly when its my life goal...thanks corporal.

Quinbo
09-08-08, 01:49 PM
That has to be the best spelling of the word especially that I have ever seen.

bartman1775
09-08-08, 01:51 PM
That has to be the best spelling of the word especially that I have ever seen.

LMAO...whatever

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-08-08, 01:54 PM
Back on up there wannabe. You need to read the rules and understand that you are expected to use proper spelling and grammar. And it is never OK to talk to a Sargent of Marines like that.

You come here wanting our help, you'd be best served by acting like you have a small amount of intelligence and tact.

bartman1775
09-08-08, 02:01 PM
My apologies corporal, I did not mean any disrespect.

OB MSG
09-08-08, 02:03 PM
That is not a whatever there, wannabe!

If you want to be taken seriously you have to be articulate and think enough to not look like a half-intelligent, knuckle-dragging troll, and that includes spelling and punctuation. I understand if occasionally your brain is moving faster than your fingers and a mistake occurs, that happens. But that travesty is not going to cut it.

That is also why there is an edit button on this site and a five minute "fix-it" limit. Read what you type before you post it.

No need to apologize to me, just pay attention to detail. That's something that could save your life.

davblay
09-08-08, 03:24 PM
I processed at MEPS and got in to the DEP but well I was in I messed up my shoulder and got dropped.The second time I went the MEPS Doc DQed me.The Gunny at MEPs told me I could get a console but my recruiter told me he coudn't do it, I think he was just sick of dealing with me and didn't care because he was going back to the fleet in a month. The Gunny that told me to go to a different recruiter told me to wait then go and tell my story and tell them my records were on file. His friend who is a recruiter was going to get me in but the state he is in had a rule against one of my other waivers. He said to go to different stations untill some one would help me get a Medical console. My shoulder is 100% I can do 20+ pullups and 2 one handed pullups so my shoulder is not a problem i just need a chance to prove myself.

Is a BUMED a medical console??

-Bart

I think we over looked this little thing marines!

fjmas1976
09-08-08, 03:35 PM
It seems we are not getting the whole story on this guy.....just whatever information he picks and chooses to divulge. Also, that spelling of "especially" gave me the laugh I have needed all day.:usmc:

bartman1775
09-08-08, 03:58 PM
I got a waiver for everything but the shoulder, thats what I was asking about not my other waivers. Sorry about the spelling I was not thinking about that well posting the message.

fjmas1976
09-08-08, 04:12 PM
I got a waiver for everything but the shoulder, thats what I was asking about not my other waivers. Sorry about the spelling I was not thinking about that well posting the message.
Read what you write before you post it. It's "while" not "well".:evilgrin:
When I enlisted, I was initially DQ'd at MEPS due to decreased extension of my elbows. When I raise my arms out straight to the side, my arms do not flatten out and remain with a slight bend to my elbow. I had to do a BUMED waiver and get an orthapedic consult (BTW, it's "consult" not "console"). It took about 5 months from the time I DQ'd at MEPS until the time I finally shipped to Parris Island.:usmc:

bartman1775
09-08-08, 04:22 PM
How do I get a BUMED? I talked to my recruiter today and he didn't know what it was.

fjmas1976
09-08-08, 04:37 PM
Are you serious? Talk to a different recruiter or go further up the chain. There are some Active Duty Recruiters on this board, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

bartman1775
09-08-08, 05:04 PM
Is BUMED a acronym for something?. My recruiter mentioned something that could have been the same thing.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-08-08, 06:58 PM
It is shortened. It is the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, which is the top command for Navy Medicine. It is where the waiver will have to come from.

Honestly, it may just be that the recruiter is tired of dealing with it. I don't know what your other waivers are for, but if it took too much effort he may just not want to do any more. He may feel his time could be better spent on someone else. Talk to the SNCOIC of the RSS and see what you can do.

bartman1775
09-08-08, 08:11 PM
Yeah I think he got tired of me. It took me a long time to get in the first time then after six months of the DEP I got dropped for my shoulder. When I tried to get in the second time and got dropped he told me he could not do anything even though the Gunny at MEPS said I would be fine. The thing is I have not stopped calling him and asking how to get back in. Today when I called to get my social security card back he said he's going to see what he can do and if he can get me in!!!. I guess now he realized the only way to get rid of me is to get me back in lol.

Wyoming
09-08-08, 10:06 PM
Yeah I think he got tired of me. It took me a long time to get in the first time then after six months of the DEP I got dropped for my shoulder. When I tried to get in the second time and got dropped he told me he could not do anything even though the Gunny at MEPS said I would be fine. The thing is I have not stopped calling him and asking how to get back in. Today when I called to get my social security card back he said he's going to see what he can do and if he can get me in!!!. I guess now he realized the only way to get rid of me is to get me back in lol.

You left your SSN out of your site?:sick:

That is like, so, like, um, like, aspeshaly, like, so, like, not good.

bartman1775
09-08-08, 10:20 PM
You left your SSN out of your site?:sick:

That is like, so, like, um, like, aspeshaly, like, so, like, not good.

My recruiter said he had to have it... I don't think he's going to steal my identity or anything like that. lol

Wyoming
09-08-08, 10:36 PM
My recruiter said he had to have it... I don't think he's going to steal my identity or anything like that. lol

Hmmm, wonder how may folks wander through his office on a daily basis?

Also, my bad on misspelling site vs sight.

bartman1775
09-08-08, 11:08 PM
Hmmm, wonder how may folks wander through his office on a daily basis?

Also, my bad on misspelling site vs sight.

True... I guess I'll know if someone has it when I start getting credit card bills in my name.:scared:

Tommy1089
01-30-09, 09:20 PM
In order to get a BUMED you've got to get a Medical Console first...what they do is bring you to MEPS, then the doc at MEPS sends you to one of the private doctors in town that they are associated with...he takes X-rays and does a quick little physical exam on your shoulder.

Your recruiter will then drive you back down to MEPS you will see the doc again and judging on what the doctor in town said he will sign off on the paper and recommend that your paperwork gets sent down for a BUMED. After that your recruiter gets your BUMED packet together and submits it in....I had to do the same exact thing to re-enlist back in the Marine Corps and im still waiting on the results.