PDA

View Full Version : Bed Wetting.

Walking Cow
09-05-08, 10:14 PM
I was at the Marine Corps Recruit Station near me, and while filling out the "Big 5" I noticed a question; "Have you experienced bed wetting since the age of 12" or something like that. My question for you Marines is: What do they do in MSCRD, supply pampers for a bed wetter? And I sign the contract, tkae the ASVAB, and go to MEPS on Wednsday, September 10, 2008. My 18th Birthday.:marine:

thewookie
09-05-08, 10:47 PM
I was at the Marine Corps Recruit Station near me, and while filling out the "Big 5" I noticed a question; "Have you experienced bed wetting since the age of 12" or something like that. My question for you Marines is: What do they do in MSCRD, supply pampers for a bed wetter? And I sign the contract, tkae the ASVAB, and go to MEPS on Wednsday, September 10, 2008. My 18th Birthday.:marine:

A lot of the "odd" questions they ask you are really designed to find out about other problems, but more indirectly. Like mental problems, they really don't care if you wet your bed, per say, what they want to find out is what's inside your head. The actual bed wetting isn't really an issue (well, it is, but), the lingering mental issues are really what they're pre-screening you for.

Down the road, if you ever go for any type of TS clearance or higher they'll bombard you with questionnaires. I wish I could remember some of the names of the "tests" they give you, but I forgot. My point is - some of the questions they ask are really designed to get information about "other" issues. I'm not going to tell you which ones, when and if you need to know, you will.

Walking Cow
09-05-08, 11:38 PM
A lot of the "odd" questions they ask you are really designed to find out about other problems, but more indirectly. Like mental problems, they really don't care if you wet your bed, per say, what they want to find out is what's inside your head. The actual bed wetting isn't really an issue (well, it is, but), the lingering mental issues are really what they're pre-screening you for.

Down the road, if you ever go for any type of TS clearance or higher they'll bombard you with questionnaires. I wish I could remember some of the names of the "tests" they give you, but I forgot. My point is - some of the questions they ask are really designed to get information about "other" issues. I'm not going to tell you which ones, when and if you need to know, you will.

I see, thank you Sargeant.

Wyoming
09-06-08, 07:20 AM

You got off easy. The Wook must have been on his meds.;)

So tell me, is this a worry of yours?

Supply pampers? Jeez, I would NOT want to be on the receiving end (pun intended) of the pampers.

..and your signature, is Anthony Swofford a hero of yours?:evilgrin:

rvillac2
09-06-08, 10:58 AM
Anthony Swafford Jarhead
USMC (RET.)
Retired? I don't think so.

Walking Cow
09-06-08, 11:01 AM
You got off easy. The Wook must have been on his meds.;)

So tell me, is this a worry of yours?

Supply pampers? Jeez, I would NOT want to be on the receiving end (pun intended) of the pampers.

..and your signature, is Anthony Swofford a hero of yours?:evilgrin:

-No, sir, this is not a worry of mine, I was just curious as to what would happen. My mind process is a lil' slow.
-And no, Anothony Swafford is not a Marine hero of mine. I gotta remove that quote... every time I post one of you Marines pounce on it.:evilgrin: Can you tell me why he is not considered a hero though? Thanks.

davblay
09-06-08, 11:03 AM
-No, sir, this is not a worry of mine, I was just curious as to what would happen. My mind process is a lil' slow.
-And no, Anothony Swafford is not a Marine hero of mine. I gotta remove that quote... every time I post one of you Marines pounce on it.:evilgrin: Can you tell me why he is not considered a hero though? Thanks.

Can you tell us why you think he is, or should be?

Marine84
09-06-08, 11:35 AM
:scared: uh oh

Wyoming
09-06-08, 11:46 AM
Hold it, hold it, hold it!!!

I gotta go to the store.

I'm outta olives.

Be right back.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-06-08, 11:49 AM
What did Swafford do that was heroic? He was a Marine that went to Desert Storm- and that's about it. He did his job, nothing more and nothing less. There aren't 50 people alive today that wouldn't be if it weren't for him.

Since he left the Marine Corps he has become somewhat of a hippie, saying some things that no Marine I know of would ever support. You can like the guy all you want- but he isn't a hero. The quote you posted alone really ticks me off.

All of that said, nobody said anything about him being a hero other than you. What was said was that he is not retired. Having done one enlistment doesn't give someone the ability to say they retired from the Marine Corps.

davblay
09-06-08, 11:55 AM
What did Swafford do that was heroic? He was a Marine that went to Desert Storm- and that's about it. He did his job, nothing more and nothing less. There aren't 50 people alive today that wouldn't be if it weren't for him.

Since he left the Marine Corps he has become somewhat of a hippie, saying some things that no Marine I know of would ever support. You can like the guy all you want- but he isn't a hero. The quote you posted alone really ticks me off.

All of that said, nobody said anything about him being a hero other than you. What was said was that he is not retired. Having done one enlistment doesn't give someone the ability to say they retired from the Marine Corps.

I agree E4B, He is/was a 10%er that's for sure. :thumbdown

jrhd97
09-06-08, 02:56 PM
I read half that book and never picked it back up. Refused to watch the movie. 10% is giving him credit.

Marine84
09-06-08, 03:06 PM
I read half that book and never picked it back up. Refused to watch the movie. 10% is giving him credit.

You got further than I did.

Walking Cow
09-06-08, 03:41 PM
...Since he left the Marine Corps he has become somewhat of a hippie, saying some things that no Marine I know of would ever support. You can like the guy all you want- but he isn't a hero. The quote you posted alone really ticks me off.

I'm sorry gentlemen, I had no idea he was like that. I did read his book though (Obviously), and if I had known he was this low, I would have never read it. Trust me.

I am currently reading One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer by Nathaniel Fick. I have also read Warlord by Ilario Pantano.

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-06-08, 04:30 PM
For what it is worth, I liked the book for what it was and I loved the movie. The storyline was crap (A platoon of Snipers walking together across the desert without any infantry types with them???) but there were parts of the movie that brought in some of the sea stories that all Marines love and know.

davblay
09-06-08, 04:38 PM

I was saying that he was one of the 10% in the Corps that make life miserable for the other 90%! By his own admission, he was a non hacker! After his little hazing in his new outfit, he tried to get out of duty. That SSgt saw something in him and gave him a chance, then he even let that SSgt down!

jrhd97
09-06-08, 08:43 PM
I was saying that he was one of the 10% in the Corps that make life miserable for the other 90%! By his own admission, he was a non hacker! After his little hazing in his new outfit, he tried to get out of duty. That SSgt saw something in him and gave him a chance, then he even let that SSgt down!
Thats why I never finished the book nor watched the movie. It was obvious he was a Sht bird. I'm sorry my sister spent her money buying me that rag.

Phantom Blooper
10-15-08, 07:08 AM
Walking Cow...been a long time how is Squattin' Heifer?

Wait until you complete your tour/retirement with the Marine Corps and you go to a VA sawbones and if you are a male they ask you the stupid question,"Are you pregnant?"

Somebody up in Washington is getting good money to write those forms!:evilgrin:

Walking Cow
10-15-08, 09:11 PM
Walking Cow...been a long time how is Squattin' Heifer?

Wait until you complete your tour/retirement with the Marine Corps and you go to a VA sawbones and if you are a male they ask you the stupid question,"Are you pregnant?"

Somebody up in Washington is getting good money to write those forms!:evilgrin:

Yes Sir, a long time! I was eating a sub when I saw your post, and almost choked. Well, her britches are on fire and her udder overflowin'. Women, never can understand 'em. :cool:

Those poor Veterans, going through all the trouble getting VA attention, then asked if they are pregnant. And to think my taxes are funding the stupid questions. Oh well, that's life I guess.

McCullagh
10-17-08, 01:16 AM
What would happen to a recruit who wets his bed?

He has an order drawn up from the Company Commander saying he cannot hydrate after 16:00, and every night instead of "To the core!" and hydrating, the platoon says, "To (recruit's name!")

How do I know this? We had a recruit who wet his rack every night during training. He made it, he's my brother in arms and a fellow marine. He had heart, and that's all that matters.

2ndCEBSupply
10-17-08, 10:22 AM
I just found this this post i cant believe it sliped by.

So we had a guy by the name of "............" he ****ed onhimself everyday even in his Charlies when we were drilling for graduation.

Yeah just like McCullagh said Company commander would probally say no hydrating after a certain time.

My question to you is do you wet your bed?

Haffner
10-17-08, 02:08 PM
If you are a bed wetter that is a little bit embarassed and asking this question in an indirect manner as a result, or not, here's some good advice: drink cranberry juice. Drink a few glasses of this a day. My little sister had this problem a little bit longer in life than she should've. I heard the cranberry juice tip when i was in school to be an EMT-P (paramedic) and after a couple of weeks she was almost 100% cured.

2ndCEBSupply
10-17-08, 02:25 PM
drink cranberry juice. Drink a few glasses of this a day. My little sister had this problem a little bit longer in life than she should've. I heard the cranberry juice tip when i was in school to be an EMT-P (paramedic) and after a couple of weeks she was almost 100% cured.

Yeah if you have a yeast infection

Walking Cow
10-17-08, 07:46 PM
Ok Gentlemen, to answer your questions, no I am not a bed wetter, I do not look down upon those who do, but it just seemed a lil' out of the ordinary when I saw it while filling out the "Big 5". Hope that clears things up a bit.

volcomkid22
10-17-08, 08:10 PM
Just noticed your stats Walking Cow: Pullups:12 Situps:80 RUN: SLACKIN'??? I surely hope you don't plan on becoming a Marine with that run time. We hate sandbaggers here. Oh well I guess you're already at boot. Good luck...you will certainly need it.

SlingerDun
10-17-08, 08:42 PM
If your really tired, i mean pounded dog sh*t tired. You might be surpised what a guy can sleep through without getting up for trivial tasks like peeing.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

2ndCEBSupply
10-17-08, 09:28 PM
who deleted my posts

sparkie
10-18-08, 07:14 AM
I made it to 14, and still had 'issues' so my parents took me to see the Dr. He was an old fart and kinda wise. He just told me to hold it,,,, during the day,, every day till I almost couldn't. It strengthened something,,and worked for me.
But I'm guessing, All people are different. And Walking Cow,,,, This ain't directed at you..

Walking Cow
10-19-08, 06:44 PM
Just noticed your stats Walking Cow: Pullups:12 Situps:80 RUN: SLACKIN'??? I surely hope you don't plan on becoming a Marine with that run time. We hate sandbaggers here. Oh well I guess you're already at boot. Good luck...you will certainly need it.

Sorry to mislead you sir, but October 15th was the last time I tested my situps/pull ups. I ship July 20th 2009, I didn't notice I deleted my shipdate when I updated my situps. I am planning my run this week.

TMO09
08-27-09, 10:04 PM
hey walking cow to answer your question the reason they ask if you wet the bed, is because it is not allways but sometimes can be a physical manifestation of a mental problem. Which can mean that bedwetting is your body's way of handling stress and since there is very little research on bedwetting in adults. The military in general avoids it because quite often they cant fix it and they cant figure out why it happens.

Petz
08-27-09, 10:18 PM
What would happen to a recruit who wets his bed?

He has an order drawn up from the Company Commander saying he cannot hydrate after 16:00, and every night instead of "To the core!" and hydrating, the platoon says, "To (recruit's name!")

How do I know this? We had a recruit who wet his rack every night during training. He made it, he's my brother in arms and a fellow marine. He had heart, and that's all that matters.

do you know how to spell Marine Corps?

holy mother of satan.... We got ourselves a GT waiver!

That Marine who pee'd himself was trying to get out of boot camp... he thought he heard someone say if he pee'd he'd get a 'failure to adapt' admin sep....

tell him to make an account on here and defend himself from that statement... please.

08-27-09, 10:23 PM
I ship July 20th 2009, I didn't notice I deleted my shipdate when I updated my situps.

If he shipped on time, he should be starting 2nd phase about now, so he may not get to see your answer. :p

Petz
08-27-09, 10:26 PM
if you're talking to me then you're not reading the name of who I'm quoting.

08-27-09, 10:41 PM
if you're talking to me then you're not reading the name of who I'm quoting.

You musta posted while I was typing (slowly). Did you read whom I was quoting?

Petz
08-27-09, 10:51 PM
hehe... guilty.

Lisa 23
08-29-09, 09:48 AM
Did anyone notice that the last post before TMO09 on 8-27-09 was almost a year ago...10-19-08?

Petz
08-29-09, 10:32 PM
yeah, but I thought this thread was funny and brought back memories...