PDA

View Full Version : PT at bootcamp

Bmill2369
09-05-08, 11:38 AM
Ive heard that in bootcamp you PT 3 times a week Mon.Wed.Fri. So does that mean the rest of the days you dont run or PT at all?

Thanks in advance

sscjoe
09-05-08, 12:14 PM
Its 24-7.

Wyoming
09-05-08, 12:17 PM
I do believe we have an honest to goodness question here.

So, I'ma gonna get the oil hot and put the popcorn out.

BR34
09-05-08, 12:25 PM
"Official" pt is 3 times a week (that's company PT basically). You will PT everyday you are in boot camp to some extent.

Everywhere you go will be AT LEAST at a power walker's pace. You will PT in the squad bay, you will PT in the pits, PT is continuous at the Depots.

And the range, which is supposed to be low stress...well, I don't know about SD but at P.I. we were on the 3rd floor, and the only way to see in the squad bay was through a single window in the door. That window was cardboarded, and the door was locked. We PT'd EVERYDAY ALL DAY. Hell ,we even PT'd in the small ass shower in the range barracks. You're going to be surprised!

FutureBootLouie
09-05-08, 12:39 PM
Ive heard that in bootcamp you PT 3 times a week Mon.Wed.Fri. So does that mean the rest of the days you dont run or PT at all?

Thanks in advance

PT at boot camp is a joke (for those in shape)

IT is very very very very hard and miserable.

OB MSG
09-05-08, 12:40 PM
Standby for some Shell-Shocking!

You will be PT'd so much that it will become second nature. I remember getting pitted for one of the first times and being like "Holy Crap!" Then by the 7th or 8th week it was, "GIVE ME MORE!" After that, you are so used to it that it's old hat.

Company PT is pretty straight-forward. You will get into the rotation of it quickly. Just make sure you are prepared before you go or....well, you'll see!
:evilgrin:

FutureBootLouie
09-05-08, 12:59 PM
Ok, there's a difference

PT is when the whole company does it. PT is a joke.

IT is when your instructors are not too happy with you and thrash you either by yourself, in pairs, in fives, in squads or as a platoon. That trust is miserable.

You asked about PT. You PT on the PT fields.

IT, you do in the shower, in the pits, in the squadbay, in the quarterdeck, whereever the hell.

Mindgame
09-06-08, 12:55 PM
When I was on PI. We basically ran a PFT for Co. PT. Out at the range, we ran the dirt tack, and there where stations set up half way to do a bunch of stuff, like pushups, crunches, bear crawls, and fireman carries.

As for the rest of the time. You will do something every day. You fast pace walk, or march EVERYWHERE you go. Every little thing you do, they find some way of making it hard. **** you'll even do some form of PT when your cleaning your rifles.

MadMike
09-07-08, 08:38 PM
Even on the "off" days you still are doing something PT related. Hope you have a nice SDI like i did who would tell us whats on the training schedule for the week.