PDA

View Full Version : Back to MEPS?

rufio14
09-05-08, 02:31 AM
Marines,

I just have a quick question. If enlisted in the Delayed Entery Program but got out a few months later would I have to go through MEPS again to get back in the DEP if I went through this year and nothing has changed in my physical or moral status? Any help or answers would be very very thankful for. Thank you for your help

davblay
09-05-08, 06:32 AM
Back in my day as a recruiter, in the 80s, your ASVAB score was good for two years. But your physical, well unless you rejoined withing 30 days, went away. You had to go again. But that's the way it was then.

Dave

rufio14
09-05-08, 10:29 PM
Thank you Corporal. No one else knows? This is a very important topic cause it might effect some big decsions right now. Thank you Marines.

fjmas1976
09-05-08, 10:44 PM
A day spent at MEPS shouldn't be the deciding factor in making the decision to join the Corps. A day or two at MEPS is a pretty small price to pay for a shot at earning the Title that will last you a lifetime.:usmc:

Wyoming
09-06-08, 06:46 AM
Marines,

I just have a quick question. If enlisted in the Delayed Entery Program but got out a few months later would I have to go through MEPS again to get back in the DEP if I went through this year and nothing has changed in my physical or moral status? Any help or answers would be very very thankful for. Thank you for your help

Moral status? Did you commit and quit?

There is a little moral issue there!!

rufio14
09-06-08, 02:34 PM
Actually going back to MEPS for a day or two days or a week has nothing to do with it. No there is no moral status problem as well. The Corps has actually given me a scholarship already and alot of money and I'm pretty sure I am valued a little bit more over the avaerage poolie, well I know so cause thats what they told me. It is an extremely long and complicated story that I dont feel comfortable sharing on a open forum. If any one wants to know please send me a PM. I can use all the help and advice I can get. I promise that earning the title means more to me than anything. But please I just need an answer to the question. Would I have to go through the whole MEPS screening process again?

Marine84
09-06-08, 02:59 PM
The Corps has actually given me a scholarship already and alot of money and I'm pretty sure I am valued a little bit more over the avaerage poolie NOT MUCH MORE WITH THAT AVERAGE EDUCATION YOU GOT. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF YOU'LL HAVE TO GO THROUGH MEPS AGAIN, CALL THIS NUMBER 480-273-7132 AND I AM MORE THAN SURE SSGT SMITH CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION. :mad:

rufio14
09-06-08, 05:38 PM
k

rufio14
09-06-08, 05:47 PM
Sorry didn't mean to just put "k". I obviously will talk to my recruiter but I don't feel it is the right time quite yet. I'm just asking for an answer to a simple question. I guess no one here knows. Thank you all anyway.

FutureBootLouie
09-06-08, 08:08 PM
Back in my day as a recruiter, in the 80s, your ASVAB score was good for two years. But your physical, well unless you rejoined withing 30 days, went away. You had to go again. But that's the way it was then.

Dave

I believe the physical is good for a year, I may be wrong though.

The Corps gave you a scholarship? Why, are you going to be an NROTC midshipman?

Wyoming
09-06-08, 09:06 PM
Sorry didn't mean to just put "k". I obviously will talk to my recruiter but I don't feel it is the right time quite yet. I'm just asking for an answer to a simple question. I guess no one here knows. Thank you all anyway.

Do we have a wannabee icon?

Marine84
09-06-08, 10:29 PM
Do we have a wannabee icon?

They're coming from EVERYWHERE bigal! WTF, Over?

Wyoming
09-06-08, 10:50 PM
Kim, don't yell at me tonight.

I had surgery on my right wrist 3 days ago.

I have NOT had a drink in 3 days.

I am on pain pills and just took a Valium.

I am very sensitive right now.

I need your love, and if you have any MJ left over from last night, I could use one right now.

jarheadlady
09-07-08, 06:37 AM
Kim, don't yell at me tonight.

I had surgery on my right wrist 3 days ago.

I have NOT had a drink in 3 days.

I am on pain pills and just took a Valium.

I am very sensitive right now.

I need your love, and if you have any MJ left over from last night, I could use one right now.

Kim did you just throw up a little in your mouth like I did?? Gezuz, should we go over and take care of BigAl? The poor poor baby... how sad!!! :sick: He needs lots of loving right now. He is sensitive. His wrists hurts, he had surgery you know! (all those years of yanking the snake gives you carpel tunnel from what I hear) :angel:

sparkie
09-07-08, 07:02 AM
Shoulda got a wrist replacement. that snake is gonna get awful lonely.

Wyoming
09-07-08, 08:22 AM
Thankfully, a few of my Chippies are more caring than some of youse guys.:p

As for as me snake getting lonely, I'm left handed, so no problem there.

It's the Dirty Martini I'd really like.:beer:

Andreas
09-07-08, 01:34 PM
So I am guessing you were a DEP discharge then? <br />
<br />
Either way you are what we call a 're accession' poolee. Meaning you will have to go back to MEPS but you will not take the full physical again. You...

rufio14
09-07-08, 03:50 PM
Yes Sergeant that is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you very much! So I'll have to fill out stuff saying why I want to be a Marine? Why is that? Is it cause most people being re accessed have either backed out or did something to morally disqualify them?

Andreas
09-07-08, 05:07 PM
It's basically stating to the Marine Corps why we should go out on a limb to trust you...again...what basically stands you apart from others.

When you first go to enlist, you just gota qualify. But if you back out or whatever...then you gota prove to us why you are quality and why we should trust you.

-Sgt Andreas
Recruiter