PDA

View Full Version : Child Support Question. PLEASE HELP

Lyman21
09-03-08, 07:47 PM
Okay. Here is a complicated matter.

My girlfriend (heather) has a 4 year old daughter. She has been divorced for a little over a year.

She was a Marine married to a Marine. Now they are divorced and Heather has had her daughter every since the divorce (Feb. 21st 2007)

Her ex husband is a staff sergeant in hawaii. On top of my girlfriends daughter, he also has another daughter from another girl.

He has only been sending my girlfriend $300.00 a month!! And hasn't been sending anything since this year July.

I tried looking through the internet for an MCO, but haven't really seen anything.

Can someone help me or point me in the right direction of what he SHOULD be paying her.

Possibly an order i can look at and show to her so she can shove in his face??

Thank you

Semper Fi

thewookie
09-03-08, 08:06 PM
Okay. Here is a complicated matter.

My girlfriend (heather) has a 4 year old daughter. She has been divorced for a little over a year.

She was a Marine married to a Marine. Now they are divorced and Heather has had her daughter every since the divorce (Feb. 21st 2007)

Her ex husband is a staff sergeant in hawaii. On top of my girlfriends daughter, he also has another daughter from another girl.

He has only been sending my girlfriend $300.00 a month!! And hasn't been sending anything since this year July.

I tried looking through the internet for an MCO, but haven't really seen anything.

Can someone help me or point me in the right direction of what he SHOULD be paying her.

Possibly an order i can look at and show to her so she can shove in his face??

Thank you

Semper Fi

Lyman - what a name - something don't smell right.

Sounds like something right out of J-Ville

Fill out your profile.

Mikewebe
09-03-08, 08:13 PM
Without a court order he can send whatever he wants or nothing. She either takes him to court or they agree outside of court.

sgt tony
09-03-08, 08:14 PM
Your question should have been answered in the divorce. If she wants more then she has to go to court again.

ecfree
09-03-08, 08:21 PM
Pvt Lyman21 ?????
You need to beef up your PROFILE
Mame-----Sir ???????:evilgrin:

Lyman21
09-03-08, 08:31 PM
It's Cpl Faber. Lyman is my first name.. didn't know everyone was so motto on here

thewookie
09-03-08, 08:44 PM
Why in the world would Marines be motto on a Marine Corps website?

Why would you bother to type all that and then incorrectly list your rank as a Pvt., Cpl?

You'll find it much nicer in here with a little accurate detail in your profile.

Thanks

Mikewebe
09-03-08, 08:48 PM
You tell em Chewie lol

SGT-JOHN-ADDY
09-03-08, 08:49 PM
yes all that stuff is done in the divorce....i just got divorced about 2 yrs ago......it all was settled in the divorce.....

thewookie
09-03-08, 08:51 PM
You tell em Chewie lol

You hear that...don't make Chewie come out or I'll crop-dust your postion Cpl Faber :sick:

usmchauer
09-03-08, 09:13 PM
Ditto what the other Marines said. She needs to look at her divorce decree. Whatever she agreed to is what her ex should be paying. Now if that is not the case and he is sending an amount less than that, then I'd be on the phone with her ex's 1stSgt and that sheit will get taken care of quick style.

Marine84
09-03-08, 09:47 PM
And the hits just keep on coming.................

Lyman21
09-03-08, 09:59 PM
Crop dust my position.. haha.. Okay now.. Please.. don't.. i'm scared...

Achped
09-03-08, 11:42 PM
Who is the SSgt in the Aloha State?

Marine84
09-04-08, 12:23 AM
OK...........profile or not I HAVE to ask...................why are you so concerned with how much she gets for child support? Seems like if she were as concerned about it as you are, she would have this all figured out by now. Remember, there are always 2 sides to a story and you only know what she tells you. She may be trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Ever thought about that?

Mikewebe
09-04-08, 12:29 AM
Good point. I ended up during our separation only giving up my bas or bah I forget which, cause I had to move back on base and didn't rate a meal card, then I found out I was 36,000 in debt in just...

Preacher
09-04-08, 01:37 PM
Check and see if there is a Child Support Order with the Divorce Decree.If not, she will have to take him to court for one.

tntmondy
09-04-08, 04:04 PM
Most states have county domestic relations offices, if she files with them they will have a hearing and issue an order for child support. Most states take it directly out of the support payers, check and issue a check to the one recieving the support. They generally only order child support going back to the day she files with domestic relations. IF he is deemed to be in arrears they will take so much extra a month until it is caught up. If he rates a refund from the IRS or the state they will also take that to pay any arrears.

Sheila Hays
09-04-08, 05:27 PM
Don't they still have military lawyers, if she is in the military. We had a Sgt. from my section who got a civilian pregnant. I was working in the CG building and right up stairs were the Marine lawyers. The Marine in question was called upstairs right along with the girl. Boy he got nailed to the cross. He was in his second marriage and they just had a baby girl. He was totally screwed. Sheila Hays

Mikewebe
09-04-08, 05:38 PM
Problem is everyone goes about it different. I was paying by check and kept records. then I got out moved back home and the County DA hopped on his soap box and said we are gonna get all the dead beat dads, yeah everyone with a job that already pays, the bastard, I'm free this month. Then I'm selling him on E-bay

Sheila Hays
09-04-08, 11:05 PM
The D.A. does get after the dad's, they should pay up. When I married for the second time, we always paid childsupport. When his ex-wife told me she was going to the D.A., I told her to go ahead. She wanted us to send the whole amount, we sent her payments twice a month. She had re-married, and held down a good job. She was vice-president of her bank, her new husband was a butcher. Eventually she gave my husband, his son. I had her in tears, it didn't bother me for the simple fact her new husband and she owned two homes. He ****ed me off because he always cashed the checks we sent. Semper Fi Sheila Hays LadyM59:usmc: