PDA

View Full Version : A little help.

Cjcruzi3
09-03-08, 12:18 PM
Hey im seeking advice from anyone on this matter really.
I leave to Parris Island in 33 days and I really don't want to have an injury or anything. I don't think this is anything major but maybe someone could give me some insight. My hamstring is getting extremly tight. I don't feel it when I run, walk or do any form of physical activity. Yet when I bend over to stretch i feel it incredibly tight. It is my right hamstring and closer to my knee than to the upper porton. Anyone know what this could possibly be or if you have had anything like this.

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 12:32 PM
yhou've got a month to rest and stretch it out. take PT light this next month and heal up.

Don't go to MRP, I heard it sucks.

Chumley
09-03-08, 12:33 PM
Hey im seeking advice from anyone on this matter really.
I leave to Parris Island in 33 days and I really don't want to have an injury or anything. I don't think this is anything major but maybe someone could give me some insight. My hamstring is getting extremly tight. I don't feel it when I run, walk or do any form of physical activity. Yet when I bend over to stretch i feel it incredibly tight. It is my right hamstring and closer to my knee than to the upper porton. Anyone know what this could possibly be or if you have had anything like this.

If you need to see a Dr about it, do it now and get it over with. Don't wait until the last minute before you leave and then possibly find out something negative....that will just complicate many things and will certainly p!ss off your recruiter. Go now. Do what the Dr tells you. If he says you're OK, it may be just tight muscles. I used to get a lot of cramps in my legs - hamstrings and calves - when I was younger. I have always had to stretch more than many others, even when I was most physically fit.
Have it checked and if there's a medical issue, tell your recruiter ASAP.

Good luck!
C

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't worry about ****ing off your recruiter. Its your bootcamp, not his. If you show up injured and get placed in MRP, its you who will be hating life, not him.

Get healthy before you go.

DGardner
09-03-08, 01:09 PM
Stretch and drink water.... the magic cure for all of life's ailments.

W2BMARINEGIRL
09-03-08, 01:30 PM
If it is bothering you that bad then i would go get it checked by a doctor before you leave. you don't want or need anything holding you back when your at boot camp. However, if its not bothering you that bad make sure you stretch out before and after every exercise and before you sleep. also drink plenty of water and take your exercises easy until boot

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 02:18 PM
again...don't...go..to..MRP

at all costs !!

Barta
09-03-08, 09:45 PM
I would take it real easy and get it checked before you ship. You do not want to go to boot camp and then have the injury get worse. It's not worth it. I had a little work done on my toe for an ingrown toenail when I was there, and it was down at the Smart Center and you run into a lot of those MRP guys... and trust me, you don't want to be one of them. You don't want to spend any more time on the depot then you have to. It's not worth rushing your ship-date.

Make sure you are completely healthy before you ship. That's the best advice I can give. You're going to get beat up enough while you are there, you might as well make sure you are in good condition before you get there.

-matthew

Mikewebe
09-03-08, 11:26 PM
Take Futures advice and heed it. Or go straight to MRP and love your new settings, life on the beach next to the airport, Mai Tai's at noon ...... JUst make a responsible decision