PDA

View Full Version : I thought I would share...

TSULLI
09-03-08, 05:07 AM
So today I am talking to a girl that I already have a little history with, nothing serious we just messed around a little bit in high school. Anyway we recently start talking again and we hit it off pretty well. This is where the story starts. Since things are going well I start getting a little more serious about a relationship and she seems to really be on board with it. All of a sudden she throws the "lets be friends" thing at me and tells me that she does not date Marines. So I very quickly correct her and say that I am not yet a Marine. She goes on to tell me that if I were to not go to boot camp and give up on "the whole Marine thing" that she would like to have a relationship with me......... IT DIDN'T EVEN TAKE ME A SECOND TO SHUT HER DOWN!!!! I said look your not going to get in the way of me doing this and the fact that you would try to get my the way tells me that your not worth my time. I have my priorities straight. I really liked this girl too but now it doesn't matter. NOTHING is going to get in my way of earning the title. So I just thought I would share that little story with everyone. Has anything similar happened to you?

BR34
09-03-08, 06:23 AM
Hmm, I def. would have plugged her first...but I was a bit of a dog before I got married.

Marine84
09-03-08, 07:48 AM
Hmm, I def. would have plugged her first...but I was a bit of a dog before I got married.

LOL!

MyCorps
09-03-08, 08:48 AM
She's not worthy!! NEXT...

Crusader20
09-03-08, 09:32 AM
Sounds Like she has Jody on the side waiting.

You did the right thing. Let her see you after Boot and understand the mistake that she made.

AL49BGN
09-03-08, 10:07 AM
You did the right thing dumping her.You have your whole future ahead of you.This is a girl who even if you stayed behind for I bet you would not be with her a year from now.I have met many Marines as well as civilians who make horrible mistakes because of a piece of A**.I am proud of you for sticking to your plans.You already have one leg up on many of us who have already earned our title.Now stay motivated and work hard to earn your title and succeed in life.Anyone who ask you to give up your dreams and future for them is selfish and not worthy of your time to say the least.Good luck!

Chumley
09-03-08, 12:23 PM
Sounds Like she has Jody on the side waiting.

You did the right thing. Let her see you after Boot and understand the mistake that she made.

....And then plug her - twice - and send her back to Jody.

TSULLI
09-03-08, 12:29 PM
You did the right thing dumping her.You have your whole future ahead of you.This is a girl who even if you stayed behind for I bet you would not be with her a year from now.I have met many Marines as well as civilians who make horrible mistakes because of a piece of A**.I am proud of you for sticking to your plans.You already have one leg up on many of us who have already earned our title.Now stay motivated and work hard to earn your title and succeed in life.Anyone who ask you to give up your dreams and future for them is selfish and not worthy of your time to say the least.Good luck!

Thanks Staff Sergeant. I actually feel really good about getting rid of her. I would normally be bummed out if something like this happened, but this time I don't feel a thing.

OB MSG
09-04-08, 09:44 AM
Yup, I had a similar situation.

In '97 I was supposed to leave for the Army, (yeah, I know), but my recruiter got arrested, (another story there, and obviously I didn't join). My long-term squeeze at the time thought I would turn into a murdering baby-killer. I mentioned to her that her father had served in the Army and he was pretty cool. No response. So, I told her I was joining the military no matter what she said and we ended it shortly there after.

Needless to say my life has been much much better without her. Even her brother told her she was a dumb-a$$ for breaking up with me!

jeffsnff89
09-04-08, 10:10 AM
I kinda did went a different route.

I met this cute chick at work and we hit it off pretty well we started talking and everything just to be friends at first but she knew my intentions and I wanted to go out with her. Of course I pick the hard ones since she had a boyfriend going on 3 years now. And she was breaking "her rules" doesn't date military guys or guys from work. Told her I wasn't military yet but she still had a hard time. Long story short our first date her mom text me on July 4th to see if I wanted to go to the movies (using her daughters phone didn't know it was her mom) And ever since then we been togather she is on board the whole thing of the Marines she motivates me every day and she has a head on her shoulders too. Wants to be a doctor. I think I,m gonna marry this woman.

TSULLI
09-05-08, 04:21 AM
I kinda did went a different route.

I met this cute chick at work and we hit it off pretty well we started talking and everything just to be friends at first but she knew my intentions and I wanted to go out with her. Of course I pick the hard ones since she had a boyfriend going on 3 years now. And she was breaking "her rules" doesn't date military guys or guys from work. Told her I wasn't military yet but she still had a hard time. Long story short our first date her mom text me on July 4th to see if I wanted to go to the movies (using her daughters phone didn't know it was her mom) And ever since then we been togather she is on board the whole thing of the Marines she motivates me every day and she has a head on her shoulders too. Wants to be a doctor. I think I,m gonna marry this woman.

Yeah your story went the exact opposite way as mine HAHA. Why would her mom text you? Thats kinda creepy in my opinion.

SlingerDun
09-05-08, 05:39 AM
Your "dream killer" radar appears to be in working order functional and acute, congratulations. Stay alert, many encounters lay down no more sign than a stinging lizard tracking across sandstone, much more subtle before they spring the trap!

--->Dave

jeffsnff89
09-05-08, 08:32 AM
Yeah your story went the exact opposite way as mine HAHA. Why would her mom text you? Thats kinda creepy in my opinion.

Well, she is a shy person and her boyfriend was being stupid so her mom told her that she was going to ask me out for her. And that's what happen ha kinda funny if you ask me.

You will find that special chick one day man. Don't worry. Just have fun play the field stuff like that's ALWAYS fun. HAHA:bunny:

sscjoe
09-05-08, 09:39 AM
Well Jeff you had me going there for a second. I thought you were dating her Mom. Seeing as you are from SO-CAL that would be possiable.

jeffsnff89
09-05-08, 10:26 AM
Well Jeff you had me going there for a second. I thought you were dating her Mom. Seeing as you are from SO-CAL that would be possiable.

HAHAHA I joke with her that I want to but no her mom is like crazy worse then my girl, and her husband scares the living **** out of me. He (to me anyways) seems like one of those skin head kind of dudes so yea he is cool though just scary as ****...I did tell me ex though that if we ever broke up I would date her mom....her mom didn't like that very much.

Achped
09-05-08, 10:55 AM

See, every time I say something like that, I get yelled at. Of course I would have plugged any sisters she may have had, her mother and aunts too, but stil...

HEy Tsulli, dude, I know zero guys (well except one, but he married my ex? Wtf?!?!?) that have stuck with the same girlfriend and it lasted through the first year.

I'm not saying she doesnt like you, or you dont like her. But stuff happens man.

Consider yourself lucky, go out there with them blues on, wrap your **** up (I REPEAT, WRAP YOUR **** UP SON) and stay away from the W....girls you may end up working with.

Achped
09-05-08, 10:57 AM
Once you get in the Corps, you will see that girls will try to get with you BECAUSE you're a Marine, but not always for the best reasons.

Always ask yourself "Does she want me, or my benefits..."

MarinesFTW
09-05-08, 01:32 PM
Hey, be happy your parents havn't tried to bribe you or anything. I still have a year until i can enlist and my parents are trying to buy me out lmfao. It ****es me off and all it ends up doing is me swearing at them and leaving for 2-3 days.

Garrett90
09-05-08, 02:23 PM
The day I swear at my parents is the day I lose my jewels due to my father ripping them off of my body.

jeffsnff89
09-05-08, 04:16 PM
Hey, be happy your parents havn't tried to bribe you or anything. I still have a year until i can enlist and my parents are trying to buy me out lmfao. It ****es me off and all it ends up doing is me swearing at them and leaving for 2-3 days.

My dad was saying if I put off the Marines he would pay for me to learn how to fly a Helicopter go through college and everything then I could join. Well that was about 2 years ago and when I brought it up about 4-5 months ago he said that I would pay for it first then he would reimburse me. I said thank you but no thanks then signed up for the Marines. I would have waited but oh well.