PDA

View Full Version : A question for Recruiters Prior Service and New enlistment

FloridaStudent
09-03-08, 05:02 AM
Okay, so I am going to give you all the info I have available and ask a few questions. These questions are probably best suited for Recruiters and Prior Service Recruiters. <br />
<br />
The Story <br />
I joined the...

Marine84
09-03-08, 07:57 AM
Uh Oh................here we go. I'm popping popcorn right now.

FloridaStudent
09-03-08, 12:04 PM
That's encouraging.

Marine84
09-03-08, 12:09 PM
You didn't ask for encouragement and, even if you had, you won't get it from me. YOU LIED THE FIRST TIME - SAYS SO ON YOUR DISCHARGE! Why should we give you another shot?

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 12:33 PM
apply again and disclose every bloody thing you know. <br />
<br />
Don't take no for an answer.

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 12:35 PM
a little too quick to judge...? Lets help this guy out, thats all he's asking for. Maybe he have or didn't have asthma, who knows, but you don't think there's a chance his recruiters told him not to...

SupChf
09-03-08, 01:22 PM
I hate to say it but with a RE code of 3P basically for undisclosed Asthma, you may be in a bit of a bind. I know how things work when it comes to seperations at PI and SD, but you signed your...

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 02:20 PM
I agree with the Gunnery Sergeant here. If what you said here was true, that you NEVER HAD asthma, ever, and that the depot medical personnel made an error in judgement, then you need to produce the...

FloridaStudent
09-03-08, 05:51 PM
Thanks Marines for the input.

No, I really have never had asthma. I believe the failure to disclose was about the ritalin not asthma.

I will go talk to a Prior Service and disclose everything and see where it takes me. I don't mind doing leg work.

I am not going for OCS - for two reasons. I want to earn my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor the way I originally set out to do - Parris Island. The other reason is that I don't think I am eligible - though I am sure there is a waiver or a way - due to the 3P.

And yes, I was told by a recruiter not to mention the ritalin thing. I should not have listened, but put yourself in my shoes... When you want to join the Marines you respect and look up to your recruiter - he/she is a Marine! - with respect, and take everything they say as the word of God so-to-speak.

I guess I shouldn't have listened, but I did. That is my fault and I accept responsibility for my actions and will take what comes to me from them. I lied on my enlistment papers, but thought I was doing the right thing somehow...

Thanks for all the information. I appreciate your time tremendously!

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-04-08, 09:42 AM
Call the prior service guy. When he ignores you, call again. Keep on him. It can be done, but it won't be easy for anyone.

OB MSG
09-04-08, 09:53 AM
If you want it as bad as you elude to then you need to bug the bejesus out of the recruiters. They may give you some BS and blowback, but keep on them and stick to your guns. As was said before, this time disclose everything. You will be under the electron microscope this time, they will look for anything that could cause trouble. Also you might want to get some character statements, maybe from Profs, clergy or any heavy hitters you might know.

My two cents. Good Luck!

Petz
09-04-08, 09:59 AM
prior service recruiter is the wrong guy to go see... he deals with getting Marines on the IRR roles to attach to the unit he works for, he'll refer you to a recruiter.

the recruiter will be the guy to talk to, and it's not like you were properly briefed on RE codes in a tamp/tap class, so to have that RE code changed will require proof from your medical records, and depending on your age when you got ritilan will determine wether you can say you didn't remember ever taking ritilan... I didn't remember I had it until years later when my mother told me about it... sometimes kids just take what they're given and never bother to ask what it is.

just ask around for the guy who's trying to be recruiter of the year... he'll probably help you out more than the guy who's just trying to make mission.

FloridaStudent
09-04-08, 11:32 AM
Thanks again Marines!

The prior service thing is what I thought. I didn't think that PS recruiters work with people that never finished at least boot.

I will make sure to disclose everything in existence this time!

I will also remember that it can be done and will not let one recruiter turn me away from thinking it can be done.

Thanks for everything!

Echo_Four_Bravo
09-04-08, 06:41 PM
The reason I said prior service recruiter is because, at least the one I worked with, had more spare time. If he doesn't have anything better to do, he may be able to spend more time getting things in line for you. Of course, he wouldn't be required to do so by any means- but there is always a chance you can convince him to help you.

Andreas
09-07-08, 05:21 PM
What I don't get in your story bud is how it went from talking about asthma to releasing your medical files to Ritalin. Ritalin would not make you cough and weeze etc; so if you can give us a bit...