PDA

View Full Version : Four Years

Parsons95
09-01-08, 09:50 PM
Hey Marines , poolees, and wannabees just want to say today is my 13th birthday and in 4 years with parental consent I cant wait to be one of the most MOTOED females in 4th battallion and get my shot at earning the title!

Mikewebe
09-01-08, 09:55 PM
Well your on the right track with your goals your not looking to be second best keep it up and read as much on this sight as possible and learn learn learn. Good luck to you

Parsons95
09-02-08, 05:12 AM
Well your on the right track with your goals your not looking to be second best keep it up and read as much on this sight as possible and learn learn learn. Good luck to you

Thank you Corporal! I will strive for my best!

BR34
09-02-08, 09:53 AM
Hell, you're already leaps and bounds more squared away than a lot of the 'of age' poolees here.

AL49BGN
09-02-08, 10:00 AM
Stay Motivated And Good Luck In Earning Your Title.

NicholasITALY
09-02-08, 10:33 AM
Stay motivated! it's a long way but you can do it! trust me!

Parsons95
09-02-08, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone I am definantly motoed now! The biggest thing I have to overcome is loosing weight and getting in shape. Reading Accord's posts are really motovating. I am a recruit in the Young Marines organization and that helps too. Next year we get to go to Parris Island and have fun in the sandbox with some Drill Instructors ;) In about 20 minutes I am gonna go PT and then post my times.

Parsons95
09-02-08, 07:18 PM
Run: 11:47 1 mile

Crunches: 86

I didnt do a pushup test today but I will within the next couple of days
It was not as good as a lot of the people on this website but I am trying. I mainly need to get a good food plan going and more PT. With school jstarting its been kind of difficult but I will find a way.

GOTTA KEEP PUSHING,
Parsons95<O:p</O:p

BR34
09-02-08, 08:58 PM
That's not bad to start off, Shayla. Your crunches are higher than a lot of the poolees, and some of the Marines I know.

Pushups are great for building strenght, but you won't be tested on them. Instead, focus on flex-arm hang. I believe 70 seconds is perfect for female Marines.

Good luck.

karstenchu
09-02-08, 09:24 PM
Nice work, Shayla. Keep up the energy. You've got nothing but time to get into fantastic shape. Don't forget to study, too. A Marine's best asset is her brain.

Mikewebe
09-02-08, 09:40 PM
One more thing, don't over do it, most people who over train early on give up. everything in moderation for a while

Parsons95
09-03-08, 03:14 PM
That's not bad to start off, Shayla. Your crunches are higher than a lot of the poolees, and some of the Marines I know.

Pushups are great for building strenght, but you won't be tested on them. Instead, focus on flex-arm hang. I believe 70 seconds is perfect for female Marines.

Good luck.

Thank you Lcpl! At the moment I dont have enough strength to stay up on the pull up bar. My Young Marine instructors gave me some tips and I am doing those to build up strength. For the Young Marines PFT we have to do 40 push ups, 100 sit ups, flexed arm hang (not sure how long), and the 1 mile run (not sure what the ideal time is) to get a perfect score. I have a PFT this Sunday so I am really pumped:D.

jetdoc
09-03-08, 03:23 PM
Shayla, you're starting early, thats for sure. Stay focused and keep working.

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 03:55 PM
Hey Marines , poolees, and wannabees just want to say today is my 13th birthday and in 4 years with parental consent I cant wait to be one of the most MOTOED females in 4th battallion and get my shot at earning the title!

you're only 13, keep your mind open. The Marine Corps is an incredible organization, but may or may not be right for you.

As for your mile time, you're still young so keep working at it. Anything below 7 minutes is respectable for a young Marine.

NicholasITALY
09-03-08, 04:13 PM
Do not exaggerate, you are very young.. crunches are cool. But remember you are very young, do not exaggerate with that stuff. Not now.. You need to grow up a little more, when you are 15 you can start with the pull ups, push ups, crunches.. but until then it's not recommended. At least that's what I've heard.
Like said before focus on flex arm hang and run run run!
But remember.. do not exaggerate with that stuff you are very young.

Good Luck! STAY MOTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

futuremarine129
09-03-08, 04:14 PM
keep it up! for a 13 year old, you are doing extremely well! You could even try and shoot for the Naval Academy if your into it, since you probably have like 3 or 4 years of school left.

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 04:18 PM
its never too young to start working out. I wish I would've started lifting weights when I was 7 or 8.

NicholasITALY
09-03-08, 04:21 PM
its never too young to start working out. I wish I would've started lifting weights when I was 7 or 8.
It's never too young to start working out, yes, but maybe it's too young to start to exaggerate on that stuff, you gotta take it easy at that age.
Never said she's exaggerating with that stuff. Just saying to pay attention on what she does. Workout is good, but the exaggeration at that age is not recommended.

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 04:26 PM
what do you mean by exaggerating on the stuff, I don't understand. Please elaborate.

NicholasITALY
09-03-08, 04:36 PM
what do you mean by exaggerating on the stuff, I don't understand. Please elaborate.
Exaggerating on that stuff is when you push your self till you got nothing left. And that's not supposed to happen on a 13 years old girl. At least that's what I've heard from many people. They might be wrong. I'm not a doc. or a personal trainer. Just saying what the other people told me when I was at that age and I wanted to lift weights and stuff like that.
Don't know if you understand my point..

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 04:47 PM
most people won't push until they have nothing left. It takes tremendous amount of desire to do so. I personally find it hard to push until I'm competely gone unless I have some sort of motivation (like not embarrassing myself in front of my peers on the PFT)

Nonetheless, you should push hard on every single workout, or else your results will be futile.

your sigline is a bit motarded BTW. When you go to boot camp, you don't know you're good, you'll know how much you suck because everything you do will be wrong.

USMC3381
09-03-08, 04:48 PM
Hi Parsons95 I just want to say keep up the good work and keep up with the Young Marines. I am the XO for the Hamilton Young Marines here in Baltimore I have some pictures on my page from past Young Marine events feel free to take a look at them and if you want more information about your PFT you have next week go to Young Marines.com it will be the first one that is Nationals web site. If you want to find your unit web site click on unit locater at the top right click on your state and scroll down till you find your unit if you have any questions I will be happy to anwser them for you.

NicholasITALY
09-03-08, 04:53 PM
most people won't push until they have nothing left. It takes tremendous amount of desire to do so. I personally find it hard to push until I'm competely gone unless I have some sort of motivation (like not embarrassing myself in front of my peers on the PFT)

Nonetheless, you should push hard on every single workout, or else your results will be futile.

You're right, you should push hard on every single work out.
PS: For me exaggerating means work hard till you got nothing left.

NicholasITALY
09-03-08, 05:06 PM
your sigline is a bit motarded BTW. When you go to boot camp, you don't know you're good, you'll know how much you suck because everything you do will be wrong.

LOL yeah bet you're right! I better take that off..

PS: Quoted that from here http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x3f3i1_nmmc-orientation-theater-film (the documentary you see at the Nation Museum of the Marine Corps)

Parsons95
09-03-08, 07:27 PM
you're only 13, keep your mind open. The Marine Corps is an incredible organization, but may or may not be right for you.

As for your mile time, you're still young so keep working at it. Anything below 7 minutes is respectable for a young Marine.

Thank you for your imput Corporal. I will definantly keep an open mind but right at the moment I am about 110% sure I want to go in the Marine Corps even if it is only for 4 years. I have wanted to go in the Marine Corps for 3 years now. Its everything I have ever wanted. I always strive to be my best. Marines are the best of the best. Also I want to thank you and all Marines and members of the military for their service. When I am in history class it just makes me think about the people that have died for me to be able to sit there and makes me want to go in even more. I am going to enjoy the years I have, but at the same time I am going to stay focused on my goals.

Thank you and God bless

Parsons95
09-03-08, 07:29 PM
Hi Parsons95 I just want to say keep up the good work and keep up with the Young Marines. I am the XO for the Hamilton Young Marines here in Baltimore I have some pictures on my page from past Young Marine events feel free to take a look at them and if you want more information about your PFT you have next week go to Young Marines.com it will be the first one that is Nationals web site. If you want to find your unit web site click on unit locater at the top right click on your state and scroll down till you find your unit if you have any questions I will be happy to anwser them for you.

Thank you sir I will be sure to check it out. My recruit class graduates September 14th and I am pumped for it

Parsons95
09-03-08, 08:15 PM
keep it up! for a 13 year old, you are doing extremely well! You could even try and shoot for the Naval Academy if your into it, since you probably have like 3 or 4 years of school left.

I have deffinantly thought about the Naval Academy. My dream is to one day become an Officer but I would really like to have enlisted experience before I go officer.

Aitrus
09-03-08, 08:36 PM
Parsons95- Keep up the good work! Don't be like me and wait 'till you're 17 to start getting prepared! If you keep getting yourself Physically and academically prepared, you'll probably have a better time in Boot Camp than most.

FutureBootLouie
09-03-08, 09:17 PM
LOL yeah bet you're right! I better take that off..

PS: Quoted that from here http://dailymotion.alice.it/video/x3f3i1_nmmc-orientation-theater-film (the documentary you see at the Nation Museum of the Marine Corps)

If you get a chance to go to the National Museum of the Marine Corps, take advantage of it. It's really really cool.

Parsons95
09-04-08, 04:39 AM
If you get a chance to go to the National Museum of the Marine Corps, take advantage of it. It's really really cool.

You are right Corporal it is awsome! I really like the making Marines section. We took a tour so we didnt get to see the art gallery.

NicholasITALY
09-04-08, 10:17 AM
Yeah, will do.. I will visit the National Museum of the Marine Corps as a Marine.

Parsons95
09-04-08, 06:58 PM
I just timed myself agian today and these are my times

1 mile run: 10:27

sit ups: approximently 80 (I lost count)

push ups: 36

flexed arm hang: I cant get all the way up and hold myself but I can at about half way. I have been doing assisted pull ups to build up strength.

Whew, I Love PT

Mikewebe
09-04-08, 07:07 PM
Hang in there kid you will do fine. Just don't over do it, everything in moderation

Parsons95
09-04-08, 07:13 PM
Hang in there kid you will do fine. Just don't over do it, everything in moderation

aye aye sir I will do my best