PDA

View Full Version : Wondering!

Majesty305
08-31-08, 03:09 AM
Marines!!!
I did a search but nothing came back on this, i was wondering about it right now. Whats the possibility of being stationed or deployed or special duty (sorry i really don't know about this) on a navy ship?

My MOS being Infantry and being able to see the middle east :cool:
just wondering about the travel opportunities, and meeting woman from all over the world hehehe :)

Wyoming
08-31-08, 04:55 AM
Search a bit more. There is a thread by a ricky/recon/rambo/badass type that wanted to be assigned to a boat.

outlaw3179
08-31-08, 09:39 AM
If your in the infantry, youll have the opportunity to travel around, bang chicks, drink beer, party on different continents, meet new and interesting cultures and maybe kill them.

Majesty305
08-31-08, 12:42 PM
Search a bit more. There is a thread by a ricky/recon/rambo/badass type that wanted to be assigned to a boat.

Will do!

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 12:46 PM
Sea duty will probably either happen to you or not somewhere around the end of SOI, at least thats when they selected Marines for barraks Duty. But you can go to MSG from the fleet, and Infantry you will travel

Achped
08-31-08, 12:57 PM
Just dont get stationed at Lejeune lololololol

Majesty305
08-31-08, 01:44 PM
Just dont get stationed at Lejeune lololololol

Yeah ever since MEPS, Marines have always told me that
whats the reason to this?

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 01:46 PM
I don't know thats where I went. I didn't care to go to SOI at Geiger but Lejuene wasn't all that bad, except it aint SoCal and Pendleton.

Covey_Rider
09-02-08, 05:20 AM
You may get the chance to go on a MEU. Not sure about the other MEU's, but the 31st out of Okinawa isn't to bad...You'll get to go to Thailand, Philippines and other exotic countries. Those two are the main hotspots. Just make sure you wrap it haha.

jrhd97
09-02-08, 08:42 AM
Yeah ever since MEPS, Marines have always told me that
whats the reason to this?
Nothing wrong with Lejeune. Your 2 hours, or less drive from ECU, UNC, NC State, Duke, and UNC Wilmington. When college is out you have all the happy tourist chicks from all over the east coast at any one of the dozen or so beaches near there. Not to mention Myrtle Beach is less than 2 hours south.
J'ville itself isn't much to write home about.

NicholasITALY
09-02-08, 10:18 AM
If your in the infantry, youll have the opportunity to travel around, bang chicks, drink beer, party on different continents, meet new and interesting cultures and maybe kill them.

:banana: Oh hell yeah! :marine: