PDA

View Full Version : Becomming a marine

chriso
08-30-08, 11:56 PM
Since i was a kid i have always wanted to be a marine. i got into a accident when i was 13 and broke my ankle and my leg no plates or nothing i am in better shape than most people i know go to the gym all the time will this prevent me from joining the marines?

davblay
08-30-08, 11:59 PM
FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE AND ASK AGAIN!

Wyoming
08-31-08, 12:01 AM
****ing text messaging wannabee.

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 12:08 AM
Lie Lie Lie and be able to perform at your MEPS physical.....did I just say that

chriso
08-31-08, 12:48 AM
no reason to be a dick im not a text message wanna be i just had a question i needed to have answered. i have six scars on my leg from my knee to my ankle 3 on each side... do they check that? ive had surgery on them. i am in great physical shape and can out perform many people i know physically.
sorry about the profile thing. How do i edit it?
thanks.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-31-08, 12:52 AM
Click on my info at the top. While you're at it, get rid of the damed attitude. You don't rate a thing, coming here and trying to tell Marines that there is no reason to do anything is the wrong answer. There is a reason, because he wanted to... and that's all that matters. This is a Marine site, not a wannabe site.

chriso
08-31-08, 01:03 AM
alright man sorry chill out. Im just not trying to be a " wanna be" i just want to know this stuff before i see a recruiter if i can even join?

chriso
08-31-08, 02:26 AM
will they look at my scars and ask a bunch of questions? and do i tell the recruiter or just leave it unsaid?

Achped
08-31-08, 03:40 AM
rofl, you just told a Corporal of Marines to chill out. And you expect us to help you.

Join the Army.

Wyoming
08-31-08, 05:00 AM
rofl, you just told a Corporal of Marines to chill out. And you expect us to help you.

Join the Army.

... and he called me a dick. Works for me, as that is the better part of a MAN!!

BTW, wannabee/text message hotshot - I apologize.

Here is the answer to all your problems. CLICK HERE!! (http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp?#?channel=&video=/)

Marine84
08-31-08, 07:16 AM
Looks like we got a live wire here ya'll! The juice is about to get cut to it.

Chriso, since you didn't read the first few sticky threads when you landed, let me clue you in on a few before I sic the dogs on you.

1. When you enter these halls full of Marines (some waaaaaaaay older than you), the ONLY thing that should spill out of your pie hole after you ask your question is "YES SIR/MA'AM", "NO SIR/MA'AM", "AYE AYE SIR/MA'AM". Understand? (Correct response here should be "YES MA'AM!"). YOU DO NOT RATE CALLING A MARINE A DICK NOR TO CHILL OUT! Check your attitude at the door.

2. We do require proper grammar of wannabes - show us that your parents haven't wasted all that money giving you an education! It's OK to text on your phone but NOT here. We do require that you fill out (more of, in your case) a profile. We don't really give a damn who/where/what you are but, if you want to be one of us, you shouldn't have trouble telling us a little bit about yourself if we ask.

3. Marines are known for either being your best friend or your worst enemy - which way do you want to take it? You come in OUR house to ask questions about something you want to do and, instead of doing what is required of you to get your question answered, you come straight out the gate calling one Marine a DICK and telling another to CHILL OUT.

And, to answer your question............since you don't think before you spout off at the mouth. Think about it, if you have visible scars, when you go through the medical stuff every doctor you come in contact with is going to ask you what happened. Now, what do YOU think you need to do?

Brewer0311
08-31-08, 07:32 AM
Scroll all the way to the top and look at the top left corner of the page.

This is a Marine Corps Community for MARINE VETERANS.

Your a ****ing guest. So you chill the **** out. Read the rules and edit your profile.

Seyborg
08-31-08, 11:55 AM
Oh ****, Kim and Bigal on the loose!

Always a good time.

*popping popcorn*

:marine:

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-31-08, 12:00 PM
Nope, you're a broke dick- the Marine Corps doesn't want or need you. Go smoke dope with your friends and deal with the fact you don't have what it takes.

fjmas1976
08-31-08, 12:29 PM
alright man sorry chill out. Im just not trying to be a " wanna be" i just want to know this stuff before i see a recruiter if i can even join?
I'm not even going to waste time on this idiot. He's making it way too easy:evilgrin:

chriso
08-31-08, 12:42 PM
alright guys im sorry. I just really want to join and im not sure if im going to be able to do that.

Achped
08-31-08, 12:55 PM
The way it looks...you won't. Sorry.

Marine84
08-31-08, 02:16 PM
You won't know until you try but, you're going to have to learn when to shut your mouth. Mouthe at the wrong one and you get backhanded and end up alongside the baseboard at the opposite end of the room. None of us can tell you if that will disqualify you - go through the process and FIND OUT YOURSELF!

Seyborg
08-31-08, 02:23 PM
Marine84 is right, just talk to your recruiter and go to MEPS. DO IT THE RIGHT WAY: don't lie. Get waivers, and take the tests...that kinda ****. Don't, I repeat DON'T lie.

I don't give a fuvk if you enlist or not, you have that nasty attitude man, but I guess we have all been cocky. Just cut it out now.

davblay
08-31-08, 02:46 PM
Marine84 is right, just talk to your recruiter and go to MEPS. DO IT THE RIGHT WAY: don't lie. Get waivers, and take the tests...that kinda ****. Don't, I repeat DON'T lie.

I don't give a fuvk if you enlist or not, you have that nasty attitude man, but I guess we have all been cocky. Just cut it out now.

Well Marines.....looks like we have another winner in this brand new Marine! Good job Private, I am proud of you.

Dave

chriso
08-31-08, 03:42 PM
can you guys explain to me what SOI is? yeah im just going to see the local recruiters there always walking around my college campus.

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 03:44 PM
School of Infantry, MCT Marine Combat Training

Seyborg
08-31-08, 03:47 PM
You'll only go to SOI if you can get through boot camp!

Focus on doing 20 pull ups 100crunches and running 3 miles in under 18 mins.

I challenge you to not ask ANY other questions until you can do this. Talk to your recruiter he knows better than us!

Thanks Corporal...

BR34
08-31-08, 04:03 PM
alright guys im sorry. I just really want to join and im not sure if im going to be able to do that.

Okay, Chriso, now that Hurricane Chesty has passed, I'll try to help you out.

When I was 4 I broke my leg in two places...something about a femur or something. When I was 16 I rolled off a motorcycle and landed under a charter bus. My ankle was crushed and I STILL have two screws in it to show for my mistake.

I disclosed this when I went to my recruiter because I saw no reason to lie. I got a waiver for the ortho hardware and here I am. Without having any hardware installed in your body you might not even need a waiver. Just go talk to your recruiter, be honest, and take it from there.

Before you go into the recruiter's office though, check the attitue.

Seyborg
08-31-08, 04:06 PM
ahahahhah...

Hurricane Chesty....

Never heard that one! haha.

Pvt. Seybert Out! :marine:

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 04:10 PM
See I told the local recruiter here that I had twice dislocated my left hip in two years and he said "no ya didn't" so he asked me again any dislocated joints or broken bones and I said no, and that was the end of that, next question and so on

chriso
08-31-08, 04:31 PM
haha alright yeah because i shattered my ankle and broke my leg in 3 places. i had some hardware but had it removed and my orthopedist/ surgeon said i was fine to go. i just didnt know how recruiters would handle it. Thanks guys

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-31-08, 05:02 PM
I've been injured more than I care to remember. As long as the injuries you have sustained won't impact your ability to be a Marine, it isn't much of a worry. You just have to let them prod and poke you until they are satisfied that you're able to train.

chriso
08-31-08, 05:46 PM
Haha what kind of stuff do they do? Prod and poke you?

sparkie
08-31-08, 05:54 PM
I'm just watin......Anyone think chrisco can learn to put the pronoun "I" in caps some day? He musta learned in textass.

Kid, Don't lie,,,, And if your recruter tells you to lie, go over his head. If you want this chance, take it head on and real. No bull**** allowed.
And please call me a dickhead,,,,,,, We'll have a little fun..., squirt.

Seyborg
08-31-08, 06:29 PM
HAHAHA

Sparkie, how are you doing brother?

sparkie
08-31-08, 06:32 PM
Syborg,,,,, I'm better than hell, and half way there. How you been? You like the wanna-be crap? Nice to call you Brother.

jarheadlady
08-31-08, 06:48 PM
I am going to pop some popcorn... anyone want some? Sparkie, I'll get you a beer while Im up. I want to watch this!!!

sparkie
08-31-08, 06:56 PM
I am going to pop some popcorn... anyone want some? Sparkie, I'll get you a beer while Im up. I want to watch this!!!
Thx for the offer,,,,, But kids is kids. Enjoy the popcorn, and remember, we are Marines, that makes us right. S.F.

Marine84
08-31-08, 08:31 PM
See I told the local recruiter here that I had twice dislocated my left hip in two years and he said "no ya didn't" so he asked me again any dislocated joints or broken bones and I said no, and that was the end of that, next question and so on

There go your benefits.

Marine84
08-31-08, 08:39 PM
Okay, Chriso, now that Hurricane Chesty has passed, I'll try to help you out.

That would be MS Hurricane Chesty to you! ;)

BR34
08-31-08, 09:44 PM
That would be MS Hurricane Chesty to you! ;)

Hurricane Opha Mae, yut.