PDA

View Full Version : Question on Iraq

Calvin09
08-28-08, 08:08 PM
To any of you Marines who have served in Iraq, exactly how friendly are the Iraqi people towards you guys? Also, I have heard that a pull out date has been set, would any of you know when this is supposed to be? I await any replies.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-28-08, 09:15 PM
There is an agreement to pull out sometime in 2012. Whether the agreement is honored is a totally different subject and not something that really fits within the guidelines of this forum.

I'll let one of the Iraq veterans talk about the Iraqi people, but remember it is fluid. Someone that loved America as Iraq was liberated may not feel the same way now. Conversely there may be former Saddam loyalists that are now pleased to work alongside the Americans. Who knows what the future holds.

YutYut
08-28-08, 09:58 PM
What's the motivation behind this question? Are you looking to join and go fight?

JordanB
08-29-08, 02:49 AM
Everytime I meet iraqis I get a diffrent kind of reaction, to me they seem kind of bipolar they are always ither giveing us thumbs up or spitting and throwing rocks. For the most part I think they like us, but you really cant let your guard down around them.

Chumley
08-29-08, 07:17 AM
Everytime I meet iraqis I get a diffrent kind of reaction, to me they seem kind of bipolar they are always ither giveing us thumbs up or spitting and throwing rocks. For the most part I think they like us, but you really cant let your guard down around them.

Sounds just like the rest of the world. People are people. Certain sterotypes are usually accurate, but there are exceptions to every rule. I don't beleive that you should really let your guard down anywhere, of course particularly in a foriegn nation / battle zone. I've got people in my office that I don't turn my back on either. They may not shoot to kill, but they will certainly try to run me over professionally.