PDA

View Full Version : Marines chime in please>on n.c.o.sword.

RON 68
08-28-08, 07:01 PM
Okay i am finally going to buy one.is the one thats made in Germany the best one? to any here that own one.i have searched around and found some cheap stuff. >from China and india<I'M the for looking p best.<>
{i am going to retire the Japanese Samurai thats sits on the stand on my desk } for some reason it doe's not look right, sitting with my eagle globe and anchor plaque.and flag raising poster on Iwo Jima.

so any input would help this old Leatherneck.since its going to be a Christmas gift from my wife.{ she has not been told yet what to get me.}the Plaque was last year's gift.

and the Marine silver dollar and Iwo stamp set is outstanding.
:flag:
anyways nuff said.

Ron 68

Artemis
08-28-08, 09:47 PM
I recommend the ones that are made in Germany. I do not own one myself but I have seen the difference in quality up close. If you are going to invest in something like that the German ones are the way to go.

RON 68
08-29-08, 11:30 AM
i followed up on that today and found a place that sells them with the Marine letter. the site has good pics of the workmanship.and i don't think they will have a fast run on them,since they are not cheap.thanks for the response.Ron

Mikewebe
08-29-08, 11:34 AM
I've never seen one from Germany but I have heard that the ones made in Toledo Spain are supposed to be of superior Quality

UsmcMotorT
08-31-08, 07:19 PM
I've never seen one from Germany but I have heard that the ones made in Toledo Spain are supposed to be of superior Quality

Agreed. The NCO Swords made in China would loosen.

sparkie
08-31-08, 07:22 PM
Toledo is the place of swords. There is no better place.