PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Parris Island

fjmas1976
08-28-08, 11:26 AM
I was wondering if individual tourist visits are allowed at Parris Island. I'm planning a trip to South Carolina and would love to go back to Parris Island and re-live the "good old days" and see PI from a different point of view this time. Is this allowed?:usmc:

Phantom Winger
08-28-08, 12:52 PM
Absolutely. Took my father down for a trip last year. Don't forget to hit the gift shop at the museum and visit former drill instructor Sgt. Charles A. Taliano who will sign one of his posters for you (We Never Promised You A Rose Garden).

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/visitors/index.htm

Cash2053
08-28-08, 12:53 PM
Yes it is allowed. You can go to the Parris Island website and get all the information and documentation you will need such as vehicle registration, etc.

FistFu68
08-28-08, 01:43 PM
:evilgrin: I WOULD LOVE TOO GO VISIT,THE 4TH BN.A.O.@GIVE THEM WOOKIES A WIFF OF MY MANLY ESSENCE(LOL)JODY'S BACK WITH A LOADED "GUN"!!!:D :iwo:

Phantom Blooper
08-28-08, 02:00 PM
I WOULD LOVE TOO GO VISIT,THE 4TH BN.A.O.@GIVE THEM WOOKIES A WIFF OF MY MANLY ESSENCE(LOL)JODY'S BACK WITH A LOADED "GUN"!!!

At least your stickin' to your word and ain't cussin' Jack! ROTFLMAO!:beer:

:evilgrin:

CplKJSpevak
08-28-08, 02:05 PM
Yes it is allowed. You can go to the Parris Island website and get all the information and documentation you will need such as vehicle registration, etc.

NO 5HIT? My only thing is, My boy is going in the Corps in about 2 years. I don't want him to see it before Boot, You know? I want there to be a bit of mystery about the whole experience. But that is really cool you can go visit!:marine:

nptwildcat
08-29-08, 09:35 AM
Went down last year for my son's graduation. The memories came flooding back.
But for some reason it wasn't as big or scary this time.

thewookie
08-29-08, 10:03 AM
GIVE THEM WOOKIES A WIFF OF MY MANLY ESSENCE

It might take me a few hours to get that visual out of my head....:sick:

Marine84
08-29-08, 10:36 AM
Jack - I got your wookie!