PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

Mikewebe
08-27-08, 06:36 PM
Ok I am trying to re enlist. everytime I get something done or find a way around an obstacle I get hit with another form or procedure. Right now I am pending a criminal check and a tattoo waiver, I have to go to the CO and 1stSGT of my perspective unit and show them my tats. I then have to wait some generals approval. I also got to pass a physical wich I will but come on with all thats happening. I'll probably get red tape for Christmas. Sgt Major Estrada has made a mockery of the Corps.

sparkie
08-27-08, 06:45 PM
I see you're 38, with 4 in the Corps. I think you are lucky just having a chance. You gotta hang in there, or did you forget? Hurry up and wait. I believe with 4 years in, your enlistment age is considered 34. Thats old.
I have every respect and admiration, but I still think you lucked out.

Take me with you, Bro. SF.

Mikewebe
08-27-08, 06:58 PM
I got 1 yr 4 months active in the Guard so it currently puts me at 32 years 9 months, the order says I can't be more than 35. But I got to deal with a guy who is 9 hours away just to fax and such. And I won't get any bonus for re enlistment but if I go Guard again I get 15k, plus the Corps is only gonna give me 36 months so if I don't make Sgt I'm gone.

Mikewebe
08-29-08, 04:26 PM
Ok so far all is looking fairly well for me are there any active guys on here who can tell me about making Sgt. does the Corporals course help, I got no MCI's so there is a 100 points but I need either schools or something to make Sgt in less than 3 years, how about the MCMAP program........fire at will Marines