PDA

View Full Version : security forces

Bmill2369
08-26-08, 08:20 PM
i know that security forces is a 2 year contract and then 2 with infantry but i was told that if you want to stay in security forces for all 4 years you can is this true?
thanks to all responses Marines

thewookie
08-26-08, 10:07 PM
i know that security forces is a 2 year contract and then 2 with infantry but i was told that if you want to stay in security forces for all 4 years you can is this true?
thanks to all responses Marines

Anything is possible once you are in Security Force Battalion. A lot would depend on the needs of the Corps, and how you did during your time with the Battalion.

Sgt Kelk
08-27-08, 09:01 PM
Security Forces is a 5 year contract.
Contract as either UV, or UW
0311 primary MOS, 8152 Secondary

You will be screened in Boot Camp for Presidential Support Duty

Either way you will go to Chesapeake, VA to Basic Security Guard school after SOI graduation. BSG is 6 weeks long after you drop to a class

From there you will either go to a FAST company, Kingsbay Georgia, Washington State, an overseas post, or if you make Presidential, you will go to Washington, DC

If you go to DC you will go to Guard company and wait on a TS/SCI Cat 2 clearance. From there you will proceed to either Camp David's Security Company, White House Communications Agency's Marine Security Force Detachment, or if you make NCO in time, you might get to go the the White House NCO Program.

I have seen Marines stay all 5 years in Security Forces, and I have also seen Marines get there Presidential Support Badge, then leave for the FMF.

I myself have been in Security Forces for my first three years, 1 at 8th and I getting my Clearance, 6 months at WHCA MSF, and a year at the White House and now I am headed to Advanced Infantry Training Battalion for Squad Leaders Course, then to Camp Pendleton, CA and eventually to Afghanistan.

It is all based on what you want to get out of the Corps. Believe me, by the time you are done with security forces, your going to want to get in the fight. I believe that security forces is a great option, and allows you to build a great foundation before the FMF. The training is great because you are in such small units.