PDA

View Full Version : A long, long way to go.....

proudashellmama
08-26-08, 02:07 PM
Ok here I am.... my eldest went back to CA for the Navy (2 more years) and the youngest left for MCT in CA.... both will probably deploy within the year... and I struggle to be strong.... my only kids... wah wah wah... someone send the wahmbulance... coz I been crying a river.....

ecfree
08-26-08, 02:14 PM
We know how you feel mama.
Prayer helps.
My prayers are for you,and for your two sons.
Try not to worry,they'll be okay.

AL49BGN
08-26-08, 02:30 PM
Be Strong,we Will All Pray For Them To Be Safe

SlaveToTheCorps
08-26-08, 02:35 PM
Mama, I don't have much to offer but please stay positive...you have two sons who have made huge-life changing decisions & that tells me you did something VERY right…Stay positive & if you need a hug, I’ve got a ton of them for you! :o)

ecfree
08-26-08, 02:45 PM
I'll TAKE ONE OF THEM....HUGS

ScottsMom
08-27-08, 07:49 AM
I don't know how you feel, yet...... but do your best to stay strong. I will be in your shoes come February 27th..... I hope the time passes very quickly for you and that you get to see your sons again very soon.

MomOfTwo
09-11-08, 03:46 PM
My two sons left for Boot Camp at MCRD San Diego on August 18th and I won't be able to see them until November 14th! I'm a single mother and they are my only kids (well, not really kids anymore)

Things are too quiet around the house. But mail is starting to come in and it really keeps me going!

mgkusmc
09-11-08, 05:01 PM
You dont need to worry, about their upcoming deployments, tell them to stick to their training and they will do fine. My dad had a unique way of coping with my first deployment, he gave me his Special Forces challenge coin....and he said "This is not yours to keep....just hang on to it for me and YOU be sure to bring it back to me....not anyone else....just you!" That coin was carried in my left breast pocket over my heart that whole deployment.....so it could be close to my heart (that thing was thick....it could stop a bullet) lol.

They'll be fine.....I wouldnt say it if I didnt mean it.

proudashellmama
09-12-08, 11:00 PM
I am feeling better today... thank you for all your kind posts... sometimes, I have to say it kind of hits hard. But for today I am good, hopefully I get to talk to my Marine tomorrow or Sunday (liberty at MCT) and for sure I will talk to my Corpsman at some point. So all is good. I am so glad they chose the service instead of hanging around here. Too much trouble to get into! Ha ha ha.... kind of funny no?