PDA

View Full Version : Haircut

Rains
08-26-08, 12:41 PM
I was just searching through the forums for an answer to my question about haveing a shaved head upon arriveing at Boot Camp, and I got mixed answers, some people where saying it was a good idea and some where saying the Drill Instructers will kill you for it.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a shaved head already, what do you Marines think about it?

Scooby028
08-26-08, 12:54 PM
Sure if you want to be immediatly the number one guy on the DRILL INSTRUCTORS **** list!!!!! Even if you show up like that the clippers go over it again unless its changed and to my memory the barbers get upset and the D.I.s dont like it when thier barbers are upset!!

yellowwing
08-26-08, 12:54 PM
Not a good idea. You'll still get sent to the barber chair where they'll just bear down extra hard on the clippers.

Marine84
08-26-08, 01:16 PM
Yes...............shave your head before you go and make damned sure you wear a USMC Tshirt too.

AL49BGN
08-26-08, 01:19 PM
Yes...............shave your head before you go and make damned sure you wear a USMC Tshirt too.
HE SHOULD SHAVE HIS HEAD AND GET A EAGLE,GLOBE AND ANCHOR TATOO ON HIS HEAD,THAT SHOULD GO OVER WELL.

JUST USE YOUR COMMON SENSE AND TRY NOT TO ATTRACT THE DRILL INSTRUCTORS ATTENTION FOR THE WRONG REASONS,AT LEAST NOT IN RECIEVING.TRY TO MAKE IT TO YOUR PLATOON BEFORE YOU VISIT THE QUARTERDECK.

BR34
08-26-08, 01:19 PM
Bald or not, you will get a hair cut when you go. I was actually talking to another Marine last week about this. He went to P.I. bald and they sat him in the chair and F*CKED his head up!

ecfree
08-26-08, 01:20 PM

Hey let's not forget the tattoo..
You know....the EGA.......:banana:

SGT VAS
08-26-08, 01:23 PM
Not as bad as the guy who had the balls to have an M16 tat on his forearm in my platoon. Never did see his face for two weeks because he was always pushing.:cool:

Rains
08-26-08, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the advice.
And just to clear this up... I do not fall for the wearing the USMC t-shirt or tatoo bit, I have read to many posts to fall for that.:evilgrin:

And about the haircut, ok I wasnt shure what the Drill Instructers would do if I showed up with a shaved head, I guess I will have to grow my hair out when the time comes.

Chumley
08-26-08, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the advice.
And just to clear this up... I do not fall for the wearing the USMC t-shirt or tatoo bit, I have read to many posts to fall for that.:evilgrin:

And about the haircut, ok I wasnt shure what the Drill Instructers would do if I showed up with a shaved head, I guess I will have to grow my hair out when the time comes.

Don't worry - The DI's will not like you with hair. The DI's will not like you bald. The DI's already hate you and they don't even know you yet. After 13 weeks, if you make it, the DI's will only barely like you. It's nothing personal, they hate everyone equally. OOORAH!

ecfree
08-26-08, 01:52 PM
If you want your DIs to like you ,bring them some girly mags........:banana:

NicholasITALY
08-26-08, 01:53 PM
Don't worry - The DI's will not like you with hair. The DI's will not like you bald. The DI's already hate you and they don't even know you yet. After 13 weeks, if you make it, the DI's will only barely like you. It's nothing personal, they hate everyone equally. OOORAH!
That's awesome! :iwo:

Zulu 36
08-26-08, 02:25 PM
Might as well show up with some hair to cut. You're getting clipped anyway (no pun intended), whether bald or with ankle length hair, and you're paying for it too (haircuts are not free, including the first one). Let the barber earn his money.

DevilDogJAL
08-26-08, 03:07 PM
Our DI didn't care...it was a receiving DI, and he didn't single anyone out. I realize it's different with different DI's though. By the time we got our actual platoon DI's, everyone's head was shaved.

jrhd97
08-26-08, 04:48 PM
Our DI didn't care...it was a receiving DI, and he didn't single anyone out. I realize it's different with different DI's though. By the time we got our actual platoon DI's, everyone's head was shaved.
Our receiving D.I was going back to the fleet, we were his last platoon. He tried to teach us a few things and never singled any one out either. To bad we were to dense to listen to what he tried to tell us.

Achped
08-26-08, 05:14 PM
Same here, the only guys that got picked on were the two twins in my platoon, "Hey look, its some identical fagg**s...do you jack each other off? You know twins never make it through boot together, blah blah blah"

DevilDogJAL
08-26-08, 05:24 PM
This one guy on the deck above mine had a Navy anchor tattooed on his right forearm. He had a great cycle.

yellowwing
08-26-08, 06:07 PM
Same here, the only guys that got picked on were the two twins in my platoon, "Hey look, its some identical fagg**s...do you jack each other off? You know twins never make it through boot together, blah blah blah"
That reminds me, we did have a set of twins too and only one of them graduated. I guess that's why it always makes the Navy Times when both twins do graduate.

Marine84
08-26-08, 07:31 PM
There was a set of twins in my (original) platoon - one got recycled with me and went AD (turned out we went damned near EVERYWHERE together cause she turned out to be a Sister Ordie), the other went Reserve.

UsmcMotorT
08-26-08, 07:56 PM
Yea and for those who wear portholes (glasses) dont forget to keep those on too.

MGySgtSki
08-27-08, 03:36 PM
Not as bad as the guy who had the balls to have an M16 tat on his forearm in my platoon. Never did see his face for two weeks because he was always pushing.:cool:

Haha....had a guy in my platoon that had a Death Before Dishonor tattoo. Man, they sure loved him. :evilgrin:

S/F