PDA

View Full Version : 0861 Fire Support Man/ANGLICO question

JamesSNYC08
08-26-08, 10:27 AM
Hey everyone,

I just enlisted yesterday, my ship date is 20080922 and I am now thinking about my MOS. Originally I wanted to go 03, but I am now really interested in fire support.

So my question, Is the 0861 MOS the closest thing I can do to ANGLICO and will it inprove my chances of eventually getting to it? If anyone who has experienced either would like to share it would be a big help. I read that there is a lot of scouting and "staking out", navigating terrain and the like.

Do 0861's work with anyone when calling in fire?

:thumbup:

Achped
08-26-08, 11:58 AM
I know 3 0861s...

They're all BoB's....battery office b****es.

We're not even bringing our guns on this deployment home slice. Arty is outdated and ineffective and politically incorrect in urban fights. If you want to be in the suck, be an 03...or if you wanna stay arty but still be in the suck, 0811.

Scooby028
08-26-08, 12:44 PM
ANGLICO is the coveted prize for all 0861's its the only unit that still uses 0861's in a constant role. At the battery or reg. level you tend to stay close to the CP or on an OP during most field ops. I was an 0844 FDC/SURVEY and spent time with the Batt. Liason companies. To get the most out of it your going to have to raise your hand alot for deployments. AS far as ANGLICO you stay training with lots of other branches and other countries even as a reservist. A friend of mine just got back from the UK training with the ROYAL MARINES and is heading out to South America in a few weeks. If its field time you want then 0811 at the Battery level is were you want to be! ohh raa 3/10

Scooby028
08-26-08, 12:51 PM
By the way hope you dont have the sense of staying on a perfectly good plane because you have to jump qualify to stay with ANGLICO, not to mention Spy Rigging lol