PDA

View Full Version : question about bills.

sshrader
08-25-08, 03:48 PM
I was wondering going in as a PFC I was wondering if I would be able to afford my bills while at MOS and in the Fleet. For Example:

Truck:430
Insurance:110
Cell:110
Loan:125
Total= 725$

Would I be able to afford that living on base with no dependents or anything?

AL49BGN
08-25-08, 03:53 PM
You Should Be Able To If You Are Responsible And Don't Go Out A Lot.good Luck!

jarheadlady
08-25-08, 04:45 PM
E2 under two is $1509 a month

Your bills add up to $775 not $725. That leaves $734 a month. If you cant live off that you have a major problem.

Two things.. who/how are your bills going to be paid while you are in boot camp? You don't get paid so someone will have to take care of it for you. You can have your cell phone suspended for the 3 months and they will add those 3 month onto the end of your contract. You should contact your other creditors, tell your insurance company you wont be driving, they should give you a "in storage" rate. Your truck payment, it all depends on what they will do to help you.

If you were my son, I would tell you to switch your account (after bootcamp) over to USAA. They have the best insurance and loan rates for young military personnel. Check out USAA on the web. Its a great bank! You may be able to drop your payments some.

sshrader
08-25-08, 05:01 PM
Thanks Gunny, I didnt mean to put 725, Well my recruiter said that with the civil relief act and i thought it would delay all my payments and stuff up to 90 days?

TRN
08-26-08, 02:43 PM
Making sound financial decisions is something not too many are good at.

I think it's possible, just keep your head on straight and watch out for many of the financial traps which try to snag junior Marines.

YutYut
08-26-08, 04:03 PM
sshrader -- I went in with an assload of debt and sent the paperwork from the civil relief act to all my creditors. I was told that it would allow me to "postpone" my payments while in bootcamp. ...