PDA

View Full Version : Advice from the salties...

BR34
08-25-08, 12:27 PM
Almost everyone from my deck is about to PCS to a MLG and I haven't received orders yet. My Master Guns pulled me outside and talked to me about where I might want to go a few weeks back, then he went on leave a couple times. Whenever he asked the others about where they wanted to go, they had web orders that evening. I honestly think he forgot about my orders, lol...Out of the 7 LCpls that I work with 5 of them have their orders, one is EASing in November, I'm the lone no-knower.

So...I've got a son (6 years old) enrolled in school here, my wife is going on 5 months pregnant, and I have no idea where I will be living in Jan. (the entire CO is moving to N.O., LA with the exception of my section). No idea where we will have our baby, or if my wife will be too far along to travel by plane, etc.

Long story to get to my point...I'm wondering would I be out of place if I talked to my Master Guns about it? I don't want to do something that we be viewed by other's as breaking the chain, etc. etc. But I also need to know something soon so that I can start preparing.

Is this something that will get me ****ed up? I was thinking of letting my Sgt. know, and then going and talking to my SSgt. about it.

Any advice from those of you who have been around the block?

Chumley
08-25-08, 12:46 PM
I'd try to schedule an fixed appointment with the Gunz, but I'd ensure that I cleared it with at least an NCO/SNCO first, before knocking on that door. Maybe you could call it a follow up to the previous meeting?

Good luck!!
SFi
C

CHOPPER7199
08-25-08, 04:20 PM
Chain Of Command First, Makes One Stay Out Of Trouble. Ha Ha

Phantom Blooper
08-25-08, 04:57 PM
Use the chain of command...a MGYST,1SGT or SGTMAJ can pull you aside and have the "talk"....but don't do it with them. Use your COC.:evilgrin:

Marine84
08-25-08, 09:25 PM
Use that COC! You mean they give you more than 30 day notice now?

BR34
08-26-08, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I talked to him yesterday and he told me I won't be PCSn until after my baby is born. He said it would be hell on me and my wife to find a new doctor/hospital if we moved so late into our pregnancy...understandable I suppose.

M84-Most of the Marines have orders now and won't be leaving until Nov-Jan. The Master Guns told me they can do them up to a year out.

MyCorps
08-26-08, 01:38 PM
BR34-
Thanks for keeping us updated. See, the Corps will take care of it's own.