PDA

View Full Version : 2111 armorer

Bmill2369
08-22-08, 03:49 PM
any 2111's out there just wondering what and armorer does and if you like or liked your mos? where your likely to get stationed? Any information on this mos would be helpful.
Thanks Marines

Big Jim
08-22-08, 04:06 PM
any 2111's out there just wondering what and armorer does and if you like or liked your mos? where your likely to get stationed? Any information on this mos would be helpful.
Thanks Marines

I was a 2111 Armorer on my first enlistment...you can go anywhere and be stationed with anyone in the Marine Corps...this is one of those MOS's that will allow you to do that. There are different echelons of mantenence you'll be put in depending on where you're needed and stationed, ok?

You'll work on and repair every small arms weapon ranging from 81mm mortors to >38 caliber pistols....there's ALOT of weapons between those two calibers....last I heard there was over 50 rifles, pistols, machine guns and crew served weapons that you'll go to school at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland. Just ask if you have anymore questions, ok?

elliscraig12
02-14-10, 02:01 PM
Thanks Marines

I loved it and really miss it. You repair and issue weapons. You're full job depends on the unit you're with. Talk to your NCO/SNCO's, that's why they're there.