PDA

View Full Version : The Few The Proud vs Army strong

sscjoe
08-22-08, 01:46 PM
http://marinephotos.*********************/627718.jpg

chuckander
08-22-08, 03:18 PM
I would take The Few and the Proud over Army strong any day. I've found Marines care more about one another than the Army does, or will....ever. One example is if 2 marines are in a bar they will talk and laugh like old buddies and it doesn't matter when they were in, what their MOS was (or is), what unit they were in, or where they went to boot camp. But if two soldiers are in a bar they won't even acknowledge each other unless they are the same MOS, or unit. Just that knowledge make me even more proud of being a Marine. Semper Fi

sscjoe
08-22-08, 03:25 PM
http://marinephotos.*********************/627718.jpg

I thought I editted this post because the link didn't copy right. What the picture was showed a squared away Marine in the chow hall with an Army guy in PT gear, who was really out of shape carrying a full tray.

I worked with the Army for several years and they could not even work together in the same MOS

yellowwing
08-22-08, 04:39 PM
I would take The Few and the Proud over Army strong any day. I've found Marines care more about one another than the Army does, or will....ever. One example is if 2 marines are in a bar they will talk and laugh like old buddies and it doesn't matter when they were in, what their MOS was (or is), what unit they were in, or where they went to boot camp. But if two soldiers are in a bar they won't even acknowledge each other unless they are the same MOS, or unit. Just that knowledge make me even more proud of being a Marine. Semper Fi
That's a fact! I was a prior service super pouge and in New Orleans I met a current MARSOC Grunt in a bar. We hung out for two hours loving every minute of it! Our Sea Tales were different but we enjoyed and laughed like hell hearing them.

kabar1
08-22-08, 05:58 PM
no matter old corps,new corps,or future corps. we are all MARINE CORPS that is why we are the BEST no matter what all Marines stick together.

SEMPER FI,
kabar1:tank:

sparkie
08-22-08, 06:37 PM
Kabar,,,, Where you been??? When we as a nation retreated from Chosin, the Marines came out with rifles, helmets, packs, wounded. The army walked out naked of gear and all else. Fact. Thank God I wasn't army.

FistFu68
08-22-08, 06:52 PM
:evilgrin: I TELL YOU WHEN THE U.S.ARMY,BECAME WEAK;WHEN THEY LET WOMEN INTO THE "AIRBORNE".MY MARINE CORPS SISTERS (HEAR) WHAT I'M SAYING?MOST OF 'EM ANYWAY???IF NOT,NO BIGGY I'M SEMI-OLD SCHOOL;SO DON'T ARGUE W/ME YOU'LL NEVER WIN!!!S/F THAT:D :iwo:

jetdoc
08-22-08, 08:43 PM
:evilgrin: I TELL YOU WHEN THE U.S.ARMY,BECAME WEAK;WHEN THEY LET WOMEN INTO THE "AIRBORNE".MY MARINE CORPS SISTERS (HEAR) WHAT I'M SAYING?MOST OF 'EM ANYWAY???IF NOT,NO BIGGY I'M SEMI-OLD SCHOOL;SO DON'T ARGUE W/ME YOU'LL NEVER WIN!!!S/F THAT:D :iwo:

Thats a fact Jack!!!

SlingerDun
08-23-08, 12:12 AM
...if 2 marines are in a bar they will talk and laugh like old buddies and it doesn't matter when they were in, what their MOS was.....Thats pretty damn accuratehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif I've sampled adult beverages with maybe a couple dozen or more strange Marines in cantinas throughout the west and errr California:beer: I'm sure the majority passes under radar and a few Marines i have spoken with at length and even worked with but gathered no sign whatsoever until they were ready to announce their status. But its uncanny how we can often target each other and likewise dismiss non-club members who hang fragments of USMC garments on their bodies.

--->Dave