PDA

View Full Version : Attention on deck!

Achped
08-21-08, 08:03 PM
Being a good, fiscally sound Marine, today I decided that it was time to save money and go eat lunch at the chow hall.

I ended up sitting next to General Conway.... drinking mountain dew, listening to Iraq stories and having the SgtMaj of the Marine Corps sit a few tables away.

Four stars is quite alot for a collar!!!

There are LtCol's I won't talk to sitting down, but smoking and joking with the Commandant felt pretty comfortable. It was weird, talking to this guy knowing in the back of your head that three star generals salute him!

SlingerDun
08-21-08, 08:07 PM
is his daughter a hottie?

YutYut
08-21-08, 08:18 PM
Where are you stationed Devil? That's cool that you got to rap with the Commandant. I remember going to the gym at the Pentagon and seeing Gen Conway get some. He's a tall guy. I think being a giant is a requirement to be Commandant.

JRHD72
08-21-08, 08:23 PM
Better watch what you say Achped. any **** gits back to the brass hats n your ass is theirs!

outlaw3179
08-21-08, 08:55 PM
Yut Yut I think Krulak was kind of short wasnt he. I kind of remember seeing him from far away back in 97.

YutYut
08-21-08, 09:01 PM
Yeah, Krulak was about 5'5-5'6. He was a big wig at MBNA in Wilmington, DE (my hometown) when I worked there. I met him a couple of times. Of course, that was when I was still in high school, so my dumb ass makes some "I'm funny" type comments. He was good guy, aside from being a 4-star. He told me I'd make a good Marine, once. That meant nothing to me at the time, but appreciate his statement now.

YutYut
08-21-08, 09:16 PM
When I worked at MBNA, they had some professional development "classes" for the interns and work studies. He told us this story of when he was a 2ndLt, just dropped in a hot LZ in Vietnam. They...

crate78
08-23-08, 08:47 PM
One tour at Cherry Point, I had a good friend who was a NASU (Naval Aviation Service Unit) rep. He was an electronic engineer and worked for the Navy, but was stationed at Cherry Point. It was always interesting to go to parties at his house because you never knew who you would run into.

I chatted with a fellow for a half hour once before finding out he was THE Personnel Director for the Marine Corps, down from DC on business. I can't even recall his name, now.

crate

jrhd97
08-23-08, 08:58 PM
is his daughter a hottie?
Now that would be a career killer, or promotion killer

E5NAMKROW
08-23-08, 09:25 PM
The General was quite a good man to work for. Very smart man. Briefed him many a time as a two star.

Achped
08-30-08, 02:13 AM
So apparently some Marines on here felt as if I wasn't exactly being honest... honor courage and commitment is upheld by these Marines but not believed to be followed by others according to them.

I found Hawaii Marine at the gym today, and since I recall being told that Marines on Sgt Grit's chat room felt as if the "Commandant doesn't just randomly sit down with Marines at the chow hall", I would include the necessary proof. Nothing irks me more than to be thought a liar by fellow Marines :devious:

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/769/p8300119br5.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5403/p8300120ws1.jpg

Quinbo
08-30-08, 02:40 AM
When I worked at Quantico Krulak would just show up. You're diligently slaving away at a game of solitaire and hear "how's it going are you winning" turn around and there is the CMC standing behind you.

YutYut
08-30-08, 09:10 AM
When I worked at Quantico Krulak would just show up. You're diligently slaving away at a game of solitaire and hear "how's it going are you winning" turn around and there is the CMC standing behind you.

LOL!! I think I'd feel like the biggest ass in the world if the CMC found me playing solitaire. That's classic.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-30-08, 09:26 AM
I know for a fact that Commandants do just sit down at random and eat with Marines. I had that experience myself with General Krulak.

CplKJSpevak
08-30-08, 09:34 AM
Yut Yut I think Krulak was kind of short wasnt he. I kind of remember seeing him from far away back in 97.

When I met Gen. Krulak in 1995 he came out to the USS Shreveport in the Med to visit us. I got my picture taken with him and it was in the Marine Corps times. He was short.....He had to leap to put my XO in a headlock to give him a noogy:marine:

UsmcMotorT
08-31-08, 07:11 PM

Yea I know what you mean. Every day I would eat a pre-work out meal around 1000. And I'll be at my desk shoving my face with something and the Sgt Major would come in and ask me a question real quick and I'd either have to swallow that sucker. I hate talking with my mouth full or having to let the Sgt Major wait on me :mad:

Mikewebe
08-31-08, 07:23 PM
Al Grey was supposedly real cool to jr Marines, I only ever saw him from a distance with his entourage in tow. There was a rumor that he punched a Corporal in the arm during a unfiform inspection and the Corporal punched him back and Instant Sgt. Like I said I just heard that no proof

Phantom Blooper
08-31-08, 07:24 PM
Being a good, fiscally sound Marine,

Six days after the eagle shiat....Hmmmm! Sounds about right...especially with your womanizing lifestyle.:evilgrin: