PDA

View Full Version : First assigned weapon?

srinaldo86
08-21-08, 05:36 PM
Good day Marines!
I was recently reading another thread (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69575) about weapons and custimization. This made me curious as to how the issuing of weapons goes.

Is the weapon you recieve in bootcamp yours for the rest of your time in the Corps?
-If not:
What is the general condition of the weapon recieved in bootcamp?
Will you recieve your career weapon at SOI or MOS training?
-If yes:
When will you recieve any of your other duty weapons (SOI/MOS? [if applicable])

Not trying to jump the gun (no pun intended,) by asking I'm just curious.
As for now I'm just a poole with a tiny pistol.

"...Without my rifle, I am nothing..."

RYDERKUR
08-21-08, 05:43 PM
Could do some research, as I'm sure these have been answered but anyways.

-No, your boot camp one is not the one you keep. It is an M-16A2 that is shot to hell and basically a piece.

-For ITB, I don't know about MCT, you get an M-16A4 with ACOG and PEQ sight. You don't keep this one either. You will also hump around the SAW, 16 w/203 and the weapons guys have their mortars, SMAWs, and M240's. That help?

Big Jim
08-21-08, 05:52 PM
Good day Marines!
I was recently reading another thread (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69575) about weapons and custimization. This made me curious as to how the issuing of weapons goes.

Is the weapon you recieve in bootcamp yours for the rest of your time in the Corps?
-If not:
What is the general condition of the weapon recieved in bootcamp?
Will you recieve your career weapon at SOI or MOS training?
-If yes:
When will you recieve any of your other duty weapons (SOI/MOS? [if applicable])

Not trying to jump the gun (no pun intended,) by asking I'm just curious.
As for now I'm just a poole with a tiny pistol.

"...Without my rifle, I am nothing..."

I'd love to answer your question Poolie but due to OPSEC reasons...the answer would violate that golden rule. Just have faith that you will never be without a weapon in your time of needing one...should that ever happen!! This is something you'll just have to experience, son...

srinaldo86
08-21-08, 05:52 PM
Very much LCpl, Thank you.
It gives me exactly what I need to continue researching through google.
I wasnt able to find anything on Leatherneck.com's search.

srinaldo86
08-21-08, 05:55 PM
I'd love to answer your question Poolie but due to OPSEC reasons...the answer would violate that golden rule. Just have faith that you will never be without a weapon in your time of needing one...should that ever happen!! This is something you'll just have to experience, son...
Thank you Sgt, just from that post alone I learned something new. :)

Quinbo
08-21-08, 06:38 PM
I believe Archibald Henderson was initially issued a spear and a brass shield.

SlingerDun
08-21-08, 08:06 PM
With Rouge compound and Muslin buffing towel

Fubar5812
08-21-08, 08:14 PM
MCT east coast you'll get an m16A2.i have heard that west coast MCT gets acog's and m16A4's regardless wether your ITB or MCT.

srinaldo86
08-21-08, 09:48 PM
Hollywood Marines get all the good/new stuff basically?

Figures with Shwartzanager as governor... How would it look with the Governator's Marines getting old gear?!?

SlingerDun
08-21-08, 10:53 PM
Huh? who you callin Hollywood Marines, queerbait:devious:

srinaldo86
08-21-08, 10:59 PM
Huh? who you callin Hollywood Marines, queerbait:devious:
Dagnabit, I've always thought that was found offensive but the two _________ Marines I know here said it wasnt offensive.
My apologies Marine and all others that may offend.

SlingerDun
08-21-08, 11:06 PM
It's not offensive cept when it spews from a wannabe. You don't rate referring to Marines as anything but Marine:evilgrin: Apology accepted.

--->Dave

srinaldo86
08-21-08, 11:11 PM
Understood. Will not happen again.

Fubar5812
08-23-08, 11:29 PM
marines at MCT west get LIBO.

we don't at east coast..our "liberty" was going too a tiny shop too buy a powerade/candy bar and get a haircut then back too training lol

Marine84
08-24-08, 08:51 AM
HAHAHAHA! They give you a weapon when you hit the fleet and you have to carry it EVERYWHERE and name it and treat it like a child!

Covey_Rider
08-24-08, 10:18 AM
Left and Right hands are the only weapons you'll keep with you...I have named my two weapons "Truth" and "Justice." hahahahaha.

ItzAlex
08-28-08, 07:53 PM
Everything all the other Marines basically already told you here.

Oh, dont ever refer to your rifle as your gun, unless your feeling very energetic that day. If your are, then your doing something wrong in bootcamp.

Echo_Four_Bravo
08-28-08, 09:17 PM
First weapon? I got that when I was about 6. Regardless, the number 6073881 seems to ring a bell.

Marine84
08-28-08, 09:20 PM
Mine was 8675309

ecfree
08-28-08, 09:33 PM
A brand spankin new M 14,we were one of the first plt's to be issued one on PI,Nov '61.
Damn good weapon...
Got an M 1 in ITR,Geiger.
Old weapon,and gave me the old M 1 thumb..
Never had a M 16,...FMF had the M 14,brand new..

rvillac2
08-29-08, 01:42 AM
Mine was 8675309
ROFL! You're Jenny?!?!?

Marine84
08-29-08, 07:48 AM
ROFL! You're Jenny?!?!?

Shhhhh! It's a "stage name" :banana:

Achped
08-30-08, 02:44 AM
Omg, will my roommate ever stop playing video games?

Marine84
08-30-08, 07:25 AM
All kidding aside, the rack # for the last M16 I was issued was 666. I tried to swap it off with the guy behind me in line (I was told that I couldn't do that), I tried sweet talking the guy in the window and the only thing he said was "C'mon you're not superstitious are you?" and grinned like a $h!t eating dog. I couldn't even get a pizza box with that dang thing!

Matt, slap your roomie upside the head for me. He must be gay if he ain't got the inclination to go out in the streets/beaches in Hawaii! LOL!