PDA

View Full Version : New PT Uniforms

Do-Or-Die
08-20-08, 11:16 AM
Anyone see the Marine's new PT uniform?

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/news/2007/12/marine_conway_running_suit_071204/071204_runningsuit2_500.JPG
What do you think?

Chumley
08-20-08, 11:29 AM
Nice - long overdue!

Marine84
08-20-08, 11:37 AM
WTF happened to the red shorts and yellow Tshirts?

BR34
08-20-08, 11:55 AM

You are soooo salty M84. :evilgrin:

Do-Or-Die
08-20-08, 12:04 PM
I think they look pretty cool. They were just introduced to the soldiers over in Iraq.

thewookie
08-20-08, 12:14 PM
They were just introduced to the soldiers over in Iraq.

WHO?

You mean the Army?

The Army is wearing USMC PT gear,,, bout time they got in step.....

anewpariah
08-20-08, 12:23 PM
ooohhhaahhh! (or whatever that sound is) **** them. they touch any one of my uniforms they won't have hands.

AL49BGN
08-20-08, 12:45 PM
Do Or Die We Are Marines Not Soldiers.If You Want To Be A Soldier I Am Sure You Can Be Army Strong Somewhere Else.

AL49BGN
08-20-08, 12:46 PM
I LIKED THE YELLOW SHIRTS AND RED SHORTS.

Do-Or-Die
08-20-08, 12:47 PM
****, real sorry, I just caught that, I will fix it.
Oh by the way, the Army sent me some recruiting stuff, did you know they give you a whole magazine now? It's got girls all over it and whatnot, I let them know I'm taken.

sscjoe
08-20-08, 01:09 PM
http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/news/2007/12/marine_conway_running_suit_071204/071204_runningsuit2_500.JPG

Don't like'em. Red and yellow are Corps colors

Do-Or-Die
08-20-08, 02:58 PM
That's true, if it was all scarlet with gold trim, maybe MARINES in black, that would be nasty.

Achped
08-20-08, 04:36 PM
I'll stick to shirtless beach runs in green silkies....oh the girls love that.

Haffner
08-20-08, 05:26 PM
I think that PT uniform is as gay as aids. Now we get to spend a ****load of extra money on something to run in when we already had something that worked just fine.

I'm glad I'll be able to advertise to everyone on Camp Pendleton that I am a Marine when I go for a run. I'm sure it'll be quite a shock to see Marines here!

BR34
08-20-08, 06:14 PM
I think that PT uniform is as gay as aids. Now we get to spend a ****load of extra money on something to run in when we already had something that worked just fine.

I'm glad I'll be able to advertise to everyone on Camp Pendleton that I am a Marine when I go for a run. I'm sure it'll be quite a shock to see Marines here!

They're going to be issued to us, Cpl.

cdogg0311
08-20-08, 07:13 PM
I already have the new pt uniform and they are bad ass. they fit real good and are light weight.

Banshee
08-20-08, 07:48 PM
I'll stick to shirtless beach runs in green silkies....oh the girls love that.

Seriously? yeesh. Whenever I see a Marine run in them it makes me cringe somewhat--they are just so short. I can't even imagine what they wouldn't cover on your tall ass :D
Now, the other shorts...I like those.

Achped
08-20-08, 09:46 PM
How often do you see Marines PT in silkies? You live on a secret Nebraska Marine corps base I dont know about?

josephd
08-20-08, 10:16 PM
A few of the recruiters from the local office had the new uniforms today for PT, I thought they looked pretty good

Banshee
08-20-08, 11:58 PM
lol, nope. I was at Camp Lejeune for a week, plus I see my friends and Recruiters in them. I am sure I will see oh so many more...

Achped
08-21-08, 01:09 AM
Anyone see the Marine's new PT uniform?

What do you think?

I wanna know who that crazy nut is standing front row behind the CMC with his arms crossed! He better have a star on that collar!

DevilDogJAL
08-21-08, 01:14 AM
I just noticed that, Achped. It looks like enlisted rank insignia, but it could be a star.

BR34
08-21-08, 05:11 AM
lol, nope. I was at Camp Lejeune for a week, plus I see my friends and Recruiters in them. I am sure I will see oh so many more...

No, you won't. The only Marines that wear silkies are the ones that just don't realize what they're wearing, and the homosexual type Marines.

davblay
08-21-08, 09:07 AM
Ah......Kids! You people would complain if they were going to hang you with a new rope! In the last century, when I went thru, our PT uniform was a pair of those short grey shorts with a white, or green T-shirt, depending on where you were at the time! Of course we had those old Tennis shoes that were black with the white spot on the ankle, Keds or some crap like that. Long befor New Balance I know!

Semper Fi,

Dave

AL49BGN
08-21-08, 09:12 AM
Ah......Kids! You people would complain if they were going to hang you with a new rope! In the last century, when I went thru, our PT uniform was a pair of those short grey shorts with a white, or green T-shirt, depending on where you were at the time! Of course we had those old Tennis shoes that were black with the white spot on the ankle, Keds or some crap like that. Long befor New Balance I know!

Semper Fi,

Dave
DAVE,STOP SHOWING YOUR AGE!LOL

davblay
08-21-08, 09:16 AM
DAVE,STOP SHOWING YOUR AGE!LOL

LMAO.....You young whipper snappers don't have a clue! LOL. Hell 10 more years and I'll let you join my Semi-Old Farts BN!

Semper Fi,

Dave

MarineNCO
08-21-08, 09:18 AM
How often do you see Marines PT in silkies? You live on a secret Nebraska Marine corps base I dont know about?

All the time. Not as many male Marines as female to be sure. But I see Marines PT in the silkies all the time. I don't care to wear them myself. without a jock or tighty whities underneath the boys just bounce around. It is uncomfortable.

I have one question: As long as they fit properly and they wear supporting undergarments why does it matter? We are all Marines. PT isn't a fashion show last time I looked. So long as the PT uniform fits and it works as intended there should be no problem.

Now if they come out in pink or purple I may just need to find a new branch of service....

MarineNCO
08-21-08, 09:19 AM
Ah......Kids! You people would complain if they were going to hang you with a new rope!

I would have to say it itched.

Achped
08-21-08, 10:39 AM
All the time. Not as many male Marines as female to be sure. But I see Marines PT in the silkies all the time. I don't care to wear them myself. without a jock or tighty whities underneath the boys just bounce around. It is uncomfortable.

I have one question: As long as they fit properly and they wear supporting undergarments why does it matter? We are all Marines. PT isn't a fashion show last time I looked. So long as the PT uniform fits and it works as intended there should be no problem.

Now if they come out in pink or purple I may just need to find a new branch of service....

Sgt, I know Marines wear silkies all the time too, I even wear them.

I was asking her how often she saw Marines wear them because shes not in the Marine Corps...

UsmcMotorT
08-21-08, 05:05 PM
It's real nice, light weight, and has its own reflective strip. Sgt Major Kent brought it to my command when he was touring the Hampton Roads area. It's good to go.

ggyoung
08-21-08, 05:20 PM
84========we love it when you talk dirty to us

TexMarine117
01-10-10, 05:06 PM
Yeah when I run, I wear shorts and a skivie shirt, no matter what the temperature is. If it's cold I just make sure I have my straw to suck it the **** up.