PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Cjcruzi3
08-20-08, 10:04 AM
I just want to know from all the Marines on here. How was your Black Friday experience, and how was this as far as stress and in comparison to everything else?

Phantom Blooper
08-20-08, 10:07 AM
If we tell you we will have to put a hit on you! Some things in life and the Marine Corps YOU have to experience for yourself!:evilgrin:

amarine0311
08-20-08, 10:14 AM
Just wait cruzi, just wait...

Achped
08-20-08, 10:17 AM
I'd equate black friday to 3 human beings turned into tornados...

outlaw3179
08-20-08, 10:18 AM
The most intense temper tantrums ever thrown by grown men.

jinelson
08-20-08, 10:25 AM
Traumatic Shock and Awe comes to mind. LMAO ;)

Jim

thewookie
08-20-08, 10:26 AM
Black Friday experience

We toured a lot of the Island that day, going from one pit to another.

I can hear our DI's now....

"Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 1st BN pit(s)

Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 2nd BN pit(s)

Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 3rd BN pit(s)

Oh-we-Oh -- off to the pit we go... 4th BN pit(s) .... no way freikin way? way."

What a great day in paradise.......

Don't worry, if it gets too tough all you have to do is ask for a timeout and pull out your stress card....

DevilDogJAL
08-20-08, 10:32 AM
Are you talking about when you meet your DI's for the first time? Ours was on that first Saturday, not a Friday.

And I've never been more terrified.

Cjcruzi3
08-20-08, 10:32 AM
Is that stress card stuff for real, because of it is. Thats some BS.... its not like there trying to train us to go over there and hug people. Just like the cursing. I for one will not care if they curse, hit, yell, point or whatever. War is not pretty, boot camp should not be either.

DevilDogJAL
08-20-08, 10:33 AM
Is that stress card stuff for real, because of it is. Thats some BS.... its not like there trying to train us to go over there and hug people. Just like the cursing. I for one will not care if they curse, hit, yell, point or whatever. War is not pretty, boot camp should not be either.

I never got a stress card. We didn't have time to be stressed.

thewookie
08-20-08, 10:39 AM
Are you talking about when you meet your DI's for the first time? Ours was on that first Saturday, not a Friday.

And I've never been more terrified.

That was a life changing moment..... pick up day.

I will never forget the sight of seeing one of my DI's fly through the air like Superman and give this kid a flying forearm shiver,,, wrecked his day.... unreal. I think he eye balled, and smirked at the DI,,, bad move.

And, Black Friday is not the same, but not all platoons did it. At MCT I remember talking to guys from other platoons that never heard of it. I think it depended on how sick and twisted your DI's were.

But they are two separate events or they were in my day....

And to the rest of you clowns,,,,there is no stress card, silly, WTF do you believe everything you hear?

I dare you to ask for a timeout.....

jinelson
08-20-08, 10:49 AM
This keeps coming up again and again. This is false;

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Interesting that the squids would have it at one point in time.

Jim

BR34
08-20-08, 11:12 AM
I for one will not care if they curse, hit, yell, point or whatever. War is not pretty, boot camp should not be either.

Good because all those things don't officially happen while at boot camp, if you catch my drift.

Cjcruzi3
08-20-08, 11:50 AM
yeah, I get your drift.

Integrity57
08-20-08, 04:02 PM
This keeps coming up again and again. This is false;

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Interesting that the squids would have it at one point in time.

Jim

That's referred to as a "Training Time Out" in our boot camp, which no one ever used. All you had to do was raise your right hand and say "Training Time Out" and everything would halt, but it was never used in my division (platoon.) Our Chief told us if someone ever used it they'd better be bleeding from the head or they would be afterward lol. Even in our worst beating, which only lasted an hour and a half, no one used it.

SgtHMH
08-20-08, 04:24 PM
Let the Games Begin OOORRAAAHHHH:evilgrin: Faster Faster :banana::yes:

Haffner
08-20-08, 05:21 PM
I don't think any of you Poolees rate to say how you think Marine Corps boot camp should be. In fact, I'm sure you don't. Whatever happens at the Depot happens for a reason.

Zulu 36
08-20-08, 08:19 PM
Arrival at Receiving and Pickup blended together for me. Both were equally miserable. We didn't have a "Black Friday." Pickup happened whenever your series was filled and finished with the receiving/processing stuff.

Looking at a 1971 calendar, I think we were picked up on a Wednesday. The day didn't matter, it was just not fun. I wasn't specially picked on that day because I knew close order drill well enough to not be noticed for that crap (yet), but the group fun and games made up for the lack of individual attention.

Manual of arms with a full seabag was a special part of that day. :evilgrin:

Jdncowboy
08-20-08, 08:22 PM
Ah do i remember that day oh so well. When you get there then you'll know. i think the best way to put it in simple words is OH MY GOD! yes its not really descriptive but i think it gets the point across

Achped
08-20-08, 08:27 PM
I think the worst nights were when we had our kill hat for the night.

He loved practicing drill....with foot lockers....

Wyoming
08-20-08, 11:01 PM

:no:

sparkie
08-21-08, 07:18 AM
I had a stress card,,,,, My wife tore it up and slapped me.

Old Marine
08-21-08, 04:50 PM
Explain "Black Friday." If you can.

JRHD72
08-21-08, 07:33 PM
What the Hell is Black friday?
Never heard of it in my time!

SgtHMH
08-21-08, 08:02 PM
After you take care of medical, dental, all the shots and everything done in Receiving. The Series Commander comes into the Sqaudbay and talks to you on that first Friday of Boot Camp. He the Captain...

JRHD72
08-21-08, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info HMH. Now you got me thinking back on what ta hell took place after we got to move from the yellow foot prints. I remember recieving was an old wooden building from WWII.