PDA

View Full Version : GT scores?

Eric Hood
08-19-08, 02:12 PM
Are the intelligence tests still called GT? What is the average score? What is needed to enlist?
Thanks,
Eric

Brewer0311
08-19-08, 02:34 PM
Are the intelligence tests still called GT? What is the average score? What is needed to enlist?
Thanks,
Eric

I know there are still GT scores.

I have no clue what is needed to enlist.

I know roughly the average for my company is somewhere around 95 to 100.

USMCGixxer6
08-22-08, 04:01 AM
I know there are still GT scores.

I have no clue what is needed to enlist.

I know roughly the average for my company is somewhere around 95 to 100.

All I know is that a 110 will qualify you for any enlisted job in the Corps...

coffeejoejava
08-22-08, 01:13 PM
You are required to havea 50 to enlist. The Army requires a 35.

I had a 124, open contract GRUNT!!!!!

yanacek
08-22-08, 03:58 PM
GT scores still exist. GT stands for "General Technical." The minimum GT score to enlist is an 80, not a 50. A person with a 50 GT would probably be classified as a "moron" (seriously). In addition to a GT, an AFQT (Armed Forces Qualifying Test) score of 31 is required. Sometimes the Marine Corps will accept those who are highly qualified with AFQT scores between 21 and 30, provided they have a GT score of at least 80.

In addition a GT of 110+ does not necessarily qualify you to do any job in the Marine Corps. For certain jobs, CL, MM and EL scores are required. You may have a 120 GT and fail to qualify for certain program guarantees because one of those scores are lower than the required minimum. I have seen this happen many times.

crate78
08-23-08, 09:31 AM
As I recall, when I was Active, we had a GCT, (General Comprehensive Test).

The score basically paralleled your IQ. I recall average was about 115, and for various schools and programs, a minimum GCT score was sometimes part of the stated criteria.

crate