PDA

View Full Version : Our brother Jack needs our support!

Big Jim
08-19-08, 09:21 AM
Jack Gruenwald's, FISTFU68, mother, Maria Gruenwald, May 29, 1920- August 19, 2008, passed away in the early morning hours this morning. She was a concentration camp survivor and she was very much loved and will be deeply missed by our brother Jack and his brother.

Let's give our brother Jack the support and love he needs in his time of need, pain and sorrow.

Jack, my brother, you have my deepest, deepest sympathies and respect. You can rest assured she is looking down on you and telling you not to weep in sorrow or regret but to think of her in a place of love and joy for that is where she is...and someday...you'll reunite with her once again. She left her worries and her pain here on earth, brother and she is up there enjoying the freedom and love.

May she rest in peace, Jack. Love you, my brother...

If anyone wants to send a kind note or flowers...please PM me for the address.

davblay
08-19-08, 09:32 AM
My Brother Jack, I makes my heart weep for your loss. You Mother is always your best friend, and always will be, for ever and ever. She lived a very hard, trying life and I am sure she is sitting with our LORD and telling him all about her children.

Remember the good time she gave you, the warmth and love when all seemed bad to you. Remember that she was aways there for you and understood.

I wish I could be there with you brother, during this time of grief and loss. But I will remember you and your family in my prayers. I pray that, some day, you will all be together in that glorious place called Heaven. I know she is there!

May she live on in the lives of all the survivors, as I know she will! May she rest in peace!

God Bless you Jack, and Semper Fi, My Brother.

With love for my brother,

Dave

darkgreen0311
08-19-08, 10:00 AM
I am truly sorry for you loss brother. May you and your family find comfort in each other.

thewookie
08-19-08, 10:14 AM
God Bless, Jack, and Semper Fi. My condolences are with you and your family.

Phantom Blooper
08-19-08, 10:23 AM
God bless you and your family Jack! I offer my thoughts and condolences on this day!:cry:

Never take your mother for granted

May we never take our mothers for granted For those who are lucky to still be blessed with your Mom this is beautiful.
For those who aren't, this is even more beautiful.

The young mother set her foot on the path of life. "Is this the long way?" she asked. And the guide said, "Yes, and the way is hard. And you will be old before you reach the end of it. But the end will be better than the beginning."

But the young mother was happy, and she would not believe that anything could be better than these years. So she played with her children, she fed them and bathed them, and taught them how to tie their shoes and ride a bike and reminded them to feed the dog, and do their homework and brush their teeth.

The sun shone on them, and the young Mother cried, "Nothing will ever be lovelier than this." Then the nights came, and the storms, and the path was sometimes dark, and the children shook with fear and cold, and the mother drew them close and covered them with her arms, and the children said, "Mother, we are not afraid, for you are near, and no harm can come." And the morning came, and there was a hill ahead, and the children climbed and grew weary, and the mother was weary. But at all times she said to the children, a little patience and we are there."

So the children climbed, and as they climbed they learned to weather the storms. And with this, she gave them strength to face the world. Year after year, she showed them compassion, understanding, hope, but most of all.... unconditional love. And when they reached the top they said, "Mother, we would not have done it without you." The days went on, and the weeks and the months and the years, and the mother grew old and she became little and bent. But her children were tall and strong, and walked with courage.

And the mother, when she lay down at night, looked up at the stars and said, "This is a better day than the last, for my children have learned so much and are now passing these traits on to their children."

And when the way became rough for her, they lifted her, and gave her their strength, just as she had given them hers.

One day they came to a hill, and beyond the hill, they could see a shining road and golden gates flung wide. And mother said: "I have reached the end of my journey. And now I know the end is better than the beginning, for my children can walk with dignity and pride, with their heads held high, and so can their children after them."

And the children said, " You will always walk with us, Mother, even when you have gone through the gates." And they stood and watched her as she went on alone, and the gates closed after her. And they said: "We cannot see her, but she is with us still. A Mother like ours is more than a memory. She is a living presence."

Your Mother is always with you. She's the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she's the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick and perfume that she wore, she's the cool hand on your brow when you're not feeling well, she's your breath in the air on a cold winter's day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter. And she's crystallized in every tear drop A mother shows every emotion..........happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love, hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy, sorrow...and all the while, hoping and praying you will only know the good feelings in life She's the place you came from, your first home, and she's the map you follow with every step you take. She's your first love; your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, not space...............not even death!

jgorosco
08-19-08, 10:28 AM
Just wanted to give my regards FISTFU68...My thoughts and prayers are with your Mother and your family. May God Bless and help you get through this. Take Care and SEMPER FIDELIS!

FistFu68
08-19-08, 10:32 AM
:usmc: THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH,"I SAID GOD WHERE ARE THEY NOW?AND GOD SAID!MINE IS ON MY RIGHT AND YOUR'S IS IN THE LIGHT" I BETTER GO T/Y AGAIN MARINES.:usmc: :iwo:

rb1651
08-19-08, 10:36 AM
My family and I share you grief, Jack. Know that she is in a better place, and will be waiting for you when your turn to go home comes. Take care my Brother. I will light a candle for you and yours, and know that our deepest condolences are given to you.

Alpha1Devildog
08-19-08, 10:39 AM
Scripture says. . .

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

I am sorry for your loss Jack. Losing a mother can never be an easy thing, particularly one that has went through the trials and tribulations your mother suffered, but she came through it, and brought us a friend such as you.

Our hearts are with you and yours as we lift up your virtuous mother to our Father in heaven.

Semper Fi

AL49BGN
08-19-08, 12:04 PM
Sorry for your loss Jack,our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Just rest at ease and remember that she smiling down on you from a better place

mrbsox
08-19-08, 12:51 PM
Prayers incoming.

ggyoung
08-19-08, 01:22 PM
God bless Jack. Your Mother must have been one great lady to survive the camps and put up with you. S/F GG

FistFu68
08-19-08, 01:32 PM
:usmc: SHE ALWAY'S MADE ME PROMISE HER THAT I WOULD NOT,LET THEM BURN HER AFTER DEATH CREAMATE;CAUSE OF THE HORROR SHE SAW AT THE HANDS OF THS "SS" WHEN THEY WERE INCENERATING THE BODIES IN HER DEATH CAMP.I'M GETTING VERY DRUNK RIGHT NOW,SO I CAN LET THIS CHIT OUT. LEST WE FORGET!!!:iwo:

Marine84
08-19-08, 01:33 PM
So sorry for your loss Jack

ggyoung
08-19-08, 01:47 PM
Jack you can unload all you want here on this site. We are family.

montana
08-19-08, 02:10 PM
semper

Sgt Baker
08-19-08, 02:27 PM
Hello Jack! I'm Deb! I'm really very sorry to hear about your mom. I know you will miss her greatly! But, I hope you will accept my offer of friendship. I will be here for you through thick and thin! Always call on me when you need someone to share a memory with or just a shoulder to cry on. I hope you will know that I truly, TRULY, care!

yellowwing
08-19-08, 03:18 PM
Another one to add to the Grand Reunion. I bet she's up there going, "So you're Chesty Puller! My Son talks about you often."

Hang in there Jack and don't hold any of that in. Prayers out to you and your family.

Big Jim
08-19-08, 03:47 PM
Another one to add to the Grand Reunion. I bet she's up there going, "So you're Chesty Puller! My Son talks about you often."

Hang in there Jack and don't hold any of that in. Prayers out to you and your family.

Yeah Wing...you just know all the Marines up there gave her the welcome of a Queen!! I bet they rolled out the red carpet and all the Marines came out to give her hugs and maybe Chesty is even asking HER how her son is doing in life after his beloved Corps...!!! Either way, you know its a big old get together party...!!

Quinbo
08-19-08, 03:59 PM
My condolances Jack. You have demonstrated the strength of a mighty oak since I have known you. In this trial you will also prevail.

SgtThrasher
08-19-08, 04:05 PM
Jack,I'm also sorry for your loss.My Mother passed away in 2006 and I know the hurt you're experiencing,we only have one Mother in this life and they are irreplaceable and special.

sscjoe
08-19-08, 04:20 PM
Jack, these are a fine group of people that we call Brothers and Sisters. Cherish your memories of Mom and think of her often. My sympathy for your loss.

bootlace15
08-19-08, 04:22 PM
Jack my brother,so sorry........ S/F brother

bootlace15 out

Osotogary
08-19-08, 04:50 PM
Fistfu,
There aren't enough words to express my sorrow at hearing of your Mother's passing. Please accept my sincerest wishes that she is now resting peacefully. God Bless her soul.
Take care of yourself.
Gary

FistFu68
08-19-08, 05:55 PM
:evilgrin: I CAN'T THANK ALL OF YOU ENOUGH,SERIOUSLY YOU ARE THE CREAM OF THE CORPS;BIG O;YOU'R ENCLUDED AS MUCH AS ANY MARINE.YES IT WILL BE A GRAND REUNION SOMEDAY?I DO HAVE A FAMILY HERE,AND I'M GONNA STOP CUSSING I KNOW IT WOULD MAKE HER HAPPY.GODBLESS YOU ALL,SEMPER FIDELIS;I'VE GOTTA KEEP TOWING THE LINE.EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO TAKE CARE OF LAST MINUTE ARRANGEMENTS:usmc: :iwo:

thedrifter
08-19-08, 08:19 PM
My sincere condolences

"O I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter silvered wings;

Sunward I’ve climbed and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds
And done a hundred things you have not dreamed of"

Ellie

ecfree
08-19-08, 08:46 PM
Jack,my brother,I'm sorry for your loss.
I'm lost for words, May The Lord be comforting your mom in His arms,as she looks down on you.
Jack, she's a blessed woman.
God Bless you and your's my brother....:angel:

Quinbo
08-19-08, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRGxbFmIni4</EMBED>

OLE SARG
08-19-08, 10:53 PM
FIST,
Prayers for you and yours during this difficult time. So sorry for your loss.

SEMPER FI BROTHER,

fjmas1976
08-19-08, 11:16 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Take care, Semper Fi:usmc:

Wyoming
08-20-08, 12:36 AM
Jack, from an Ole VietVet, and Winger, who hauled your sorry ass, I am deeply saddened by your loss.

Many of us have lost our folks, and many of us know your pain.

Hang tight, Brother. Semper Fidelis.

hrscowboy
08-20-08, 01:22 AM
Slow hand salute, May she rest in peace jack my brother you need anything you call me..

pablox1139
08-20-08, 06:42 AM
Sorry for your loss brother.....i hope you find comfort in the many prayers and thoughts of your brothers and sisters....we are a big family...and your mother is watching out for us all now...God bless you and yours.....Semper Fi!

jetdoc
08-20-08, 08:09 AM
Jack my brother, may moms rest in peace.

S/F

jawhed
08-20-08, 08:53 AM
please accept my deepest condolences my prayers are with you semper fi

mike christy
08-20-08, 08:05 PM
My prayers are out for you brother Jack, may your mother rest in peace.