PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps. wedding info

CplAllen
08-19-08, 09:17 AM
What's happening boys! (and girls) I'm a veteran getting married in Nov. and I need some info about having the Marines there on my special day. I live in Nashville so unfortunately there aren't too many brothers around to call for their participation. I'd ultimately like to have the whole sword ceremony and everything so I guess I need a website or a place to get some info. Thanks.

davblay
08-19-08, 09:39 AM
What's happening boys! (and girls) I'm a veteran getting married in Nov. and I need some info about having the Marines there on my special day. I live in Nashville so unfortunately there aren't too many brothers around to call for their participation. I'd ultimately like to have the whole sword ceremony and everything so I guess I need a website or a place to get some info. Thanks.

I would suggest you go to the Marine Corps Reserve station on Whitebridge road. See the commander there and see if they can't get a detail together. They all have Blues so that wouldn't be a problem. That is if you don't mind having the reserves helping you out! They are pretty good about that kind of stuff and it gives them a chance to volunteer and wear the Blues. :marine:

Just a suggestion,

Semper Fi,

Dave

TRN
08-27-08, 10:41 AM
Congrats on your wedding.

AL49BGN
08-27-08, 10:45 AM
Congrats Devildog!!

YutYut
08-30-08, 10:19 AM
davblay has some good info. When I was getting married, a couple of my buddies weren't sure if they would be able to make it. The same suggestion was made to me. Besides, if any of them are single, they'll love the opportunity to wear their blues and meet other single people. If nothing else, it's a chance for them to go to a party afterwards.

Mikewebe
08-30-08, 07:47 PM
Make sure you give plenty of notice I didn't and didn't get the detail

Zulu 36
08-30-08, 08:47 PM
Marine Reserve units are pretty helpful in these matters even for other branches of service. When I was in the Air Guard, one of our guys wanted an arch of swords at his wedding, but of course the Air Force does not have NCO swords. No worries.

I made a call to the MWSG-47 sergeant major on the other side of the base and he loaned me eight Marine NCO swords with black frogs. His only requirement was that only NCOs bore them and then only long enough for the arch. I held a class on manual of the sword for the detail and everything went perfectly, including the traditional smack on the bride's butt with the flat of a sword as she passed the last pair in the arch (I did the honors). Someone forgot to tell her about that part. :D Not MY job, GI.