PDA

View Full Version : Run In With The Army DEPers

Do-Or-Die
08-19-08, 12:12 AM
Ok so, the other day, we had a manditory Pool Function. Happened to be at the same place as the Army DEPers. So, as we are there in formation handing out a few promotions for recruitments and such, theses four Army DEPers run by carrying the log on their shoulder. One of my Staff Sergeants was making cracks at them, saying how Marines carry it over their heads, none of that *explitive* *explitive*. So the Army DEPer up front replies, "Come on, its an uneven incline, you know what I'm talking about" or something like that. My Staff Sergeant drops his little clip board and gets right up in the kids face as he is running, and SSgt is one big Marine, probably 6'5, 210 all maybe all muslce I dont know. Anyways, he is all up in this kids face, and all I could hear him saying in a low growl was just "You don't know *explitive* about me! Don't you act like you know a *explitive* thing about me and the Marine Corps".

It was some crazy stuff, the Army Sergeant came over after the kids got back because I guess they complained and everything was worked out.

I honestly thought the SSgt was going to wreck that DEPer real bad.

Interesting story I thought I'd tell...

Petz
08-19-08, 12:14 AM
uh, I don't get where the kid said that and it ****ed off the SSgt... you sure that's what he said?

Do-Or-Die
08-19-08, 12:18 AM
I don't know exactly, all I know was he said something about, "you know what I mean". Whatever that was it really ****ed him off. I thought he said something about the log they were carrying, but I was in back of the formation and we were standing at attention so I really couldn't look to see what was going on.

Petz
08-19-08, 12:20 AM
I'm sure he said something about the Marine Corps and the SSgt.... you should ask around if anybody heard it... 'cause I'm curious now!!

Do-Or-Die
08-19-08, 12:22 AM
Haha, Will do Staff Sergeant.

soldierGboii
08-21-08, 06:38 PM
do-or-die you seem to have a lot of storys about your Army experinces?? first the brochure, which was a waste of time to point out. now you have one about a sgt yelling at a dep kid?? this kind of stuff should probably be kept to yourself or your friends. it seems like this forum is turning into ways to get attention over stupid topics. this is the poolee forum. it is for poolees to ask questions and post shipdates. I'm not dogging you im just saying. and it seems like your sgt or whoever has a ego problem to be in a civilians face.

dutch1291
08-21-08, 08:21 PM
I agree with SoldierGboii, not that this thread is bad or anything, but it seems like you don't have near enough respect for the Army.

Petz
08-23-08, 01:04 PM
dutch... I have none.... but that doesn't mean I have problems with the people that join... though funny stories are always good to hear, I don't think this was derogatory... I'd like to read the brochure thread though, and that might change my thinking process.... yeah.

SGT7477
08-23-08, 09:16 PM
I agree with SoldierGboii, not that this thread is bad or anything, but it seems like you don't have near enough respect for the Army.

I guess I will have to tell you,:evilgrin: The Marines have been fixing the army's mistakes since 1775.:evilgrin:

dutch1291
08-23-08, 10:19 PM
I didn't mean to say that the Army is better than or even close to measuring up to the Marine Corps, and I apologize if that's the way I came off, Sgt. I just think that we, as civilians/poolees, owe the Army some respect for what they are doing.

SGT7477
08-23-08, 10:38 PM
Tell that to my senior DI.

dutch1291
08-23-08, 11:52 PM
So, I sincerely do not want to come off as a smart alec, but what do you mean when you say that? Do we not owe them respect? Once again, I am not challenging you at all, I'm asking purely because I want to know the answer.

SGT7477
08-24-08, 08:50 AM
Sunshine I have been around all the branches and when you wear the uniform of the best how can you respect the rest? I have seen it all in my time so you would of had to be there to see what I mean oh btw I have some respect for all branches,lmfao.

dutch1291
08-25-08, 07:55 AM
I wasn't implying/saying that you (Marines) needed to respect them, but we do.

Do-Or-Die
08-25-08, 11:18 AM
Dutch and Soldier G Boii, I don't know what it is about you, but I do not have any disrespect for any members in the Armed Forces. I don't know why you are trying so hard to make it sound like I do, but it's starting to **** me off. I admitted to my arrogant mistake on the other forum, which you brought up for unknown reasons.

This is simply a story I told about an out of the ordinary event that took place at one of my pool functions. If you have complaints about my posting, PM me, or someone else who can do something about it, but don't butt in on one of my conversations.

AWDPirate
08-25-08, 05:01 PM
I think the disrespect first comes from recruiters and just kind "imprints" into poolees. When I was first browsing the branches my recruiter would talk **** all day about the other services. Called my brother in law a "fairy ****" and some other stuff for being in the Navy, even though he's a Master Chief. Never took it personally, but I think the attitude is relayed to us from our first experiences. Might as well get used to it, I'm proud as hell to have joined the right team.

SGT7477
08-25-08, 08:43 PM
I think the disrespect first comes from recruiters and just kind "imprints" into poolees. When I was first browsing the branches my recruiter would talk **** all day about the other services. Called my brother in law a "fairy ****" and some other stuff for being in the Navy, even though he's a Master Chief. Never took it personally, but I think the attitude is relayed to us from our first experiences. Might as well get used to it, I'm proud as hell to have joined the right team.

You should of had my senior DI.:flag:

SGT7477
08-25-08, 08:45 PM
I wasn't implying/saying that you (Marines) needed to respect them, but we do.

Your mind will change when you earn our TITLE you will see what I'm trying to drive in your thick skull.:evilgrin: