PDA

View Full Version : Guide with ribbons?

Future93
08-18-08, 11:23 PM
I was just watching "The Making of a Marine" and right at the end during graduation the guide(a Lance Corporal) looked like he had a couple rows of ribbons. I could have seen wrong(I probably am wrong) but I watched that part a couple times and it sure looked like he did so I was wondering, has anybody else seen this DVD or know why he had so many ribbons, if in fact he did have any at all? I'm not asking what ribbons you can have when you graduate, I'm wondering specifically about this Marine and if anybody else has seen it.
Thanks,
James Hinman

Scooby028
08-18-08, 11:32 PM
Just my 2 cents but he could be prior service of another branch. Not all ribbons are transferable but many are and since all branches must go thru MARINE bootcamp to be a MARINE this is probably the case.

Petz
08-19-08, 12:00 AM
yes, and those things can be taken care of in the DEP as well.... the authorization of ribbons from prior other service.

army sharp shooter and basic training ribbons won't transfer... but an ARMY CAR will, and Unit citations as well.... though I'm not sure if the army CAR would BECOME the navy CAR.... hmmm.

rvillac2
08-19-08, 02:58 PM
yes, and those things can be taken care of in the DEP as well.... the authorization of ribbons from prior other service.

army sharp shooter and basic training ribbons won't transfer... but an ARMY CAR will, and Unit citations as well.... though I'm not sure if the army CAR would BECOME the navy CAR.... hmmm.

You have to go through an application process before you can wear a CAR in lieu of an Army CIB/CMB/CAB.

Big Jim
08-19-08, 03:19 PM
I was just watching "The Making of a Marine" and right at the end during graduation the guide(a Lance Corporal) looked like he had a couple rows of ribbons. I could have seen wrong(I probably am wrong) but I watched that part a couple times and it sure looked like he did so I was wondering, has anybody else seen this DVD or know why he had so many ribbons, if in fact he did have any at all? I'm not asking what ribbons you can have when you graduate, I'm wondering specifically about this Marine and if anybody else has seen it.
Thanks,
James Hinman

When we went through Parris Island, we did have a guide who was prior service from the Navy enisted ranks...he was an azz and we gave that mofo a blanket party every chance we had!!! He finally got hip and started not sleeping at all or with a lock in a sock!!! Oh well...the suck-azz did learn...and he had 4 ribbons that I couldn't tell you what they were nowadays...but he did have those 4 little ribbons he was so proud of...